iPad Dungeon Solitaire (Developer's Official Thread)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Saucepolicy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. anthem47

anthem47 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
  2. Griptogrammer

Griptogrammer Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Hey all, long time no post, eh? I know it's been a long wait, but don't worry, we haven't given up on Dungeon Solitaire. In fact, as of now there's a new update, ready for download! Check it out:

GameCenter Support -- Online leaderboards and brand new achievements. GameCenter wasn't around when Dungeon Solitaire first launched, so it took a bit of retooling to get this to work smoothly. The game is still fully compatible with OpenFeint as well.

Dwarven Anvil Expansion -- A new 0.99 cent expansion, featuring lots of dwarves, and a new ability, Willpower, which gives the card a +1/+1 in a tie, but then the ability is destroyed. This set feature one of my favorite cards, the Old King, who is a 1/1 with Willpower, but when he loses Willpower, he gains Slayer. Give him a magic weapon time, and he's quite fun!

Shambling Dead Bonus Card -- To help entice people to the dark side, Shambling Dead gains a bonus card -- the Azure Priestess. This makes the expansion a bit less hard, and lures players with another hero.

Diamond Dragon -- A single card expansion, and the most powerful hero in the game. A heroic 6/6 dragon with Willpower, he's a force to be reckoned with, though he certainly doesn't guarantee a win when mixed in with some of the harder expansions (see Unearthed Colossus). Great players can use him to attack big treasure stacks, I'm sure...

Restore Function -- A minor, but handy feature, this will give players the option of immediately redownloading any purchased expansions. Very hand for those who may have upgraded devices recently.

Have fun!

3. scififan

scififan New Member

Apr 14, 2011
    I just downloaded the new update on my iPad. I found that I lost some decks, e.g. Curious elixirs, though I was able to download a new Dragon deck. Much worse is the problem on my iPod touch {3 gen}. OI have only the two original expansions that came with the game and all the others are gone! I tried re-installing but was left with the same situation. I cannot re-download the decks I've bought because I get a strange error message which says "In-App Purchases are Restricted on this". This leaves me unable to buy any of my old decks--let alone any new ones.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

4. scififan

scififan New Member

Apr 14, 2011
    #264 scififan, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    I just noticed that all of my previous deck purchases are in fact on my iPad though the Dwarven Anvil Expansion isn't available for purchase nor is the Diamond Dragon card. I'm not sure if the new add-on card for shambling Dead is included in the deck. As I said It is the Touch that has the problem, giving me only the original two extra decks and not allowing me to re-purchase anything I've bought so far.

5. ckoz

ckoz Member

Mar 16, 2010
    All of my previous purchases are still available and the new Azure Priestess is there but the new expansions don't seem to be available to me. They're not even in the list.

6. Griptogrammer

Griptogrammer Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Hey,

There was an issue in iTunes with the two new expansions, we've fixed the problem and hopefully they should make their way through the system in a few hours and show up in your Card Shop. Sorry about that!

As for the "In-App Purchases are Restricted on this" error (the word "device" is being left off for some reason), make sure they are allowed on your device - in the iPhone/Ipod system Settings, go into General, Restrictions, and make sure In-App Purchases is set to "On". You can't enter the Card Shop if that restriction is turned on, even to re-download previously-purchased content.

7. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

This is fantastic news. DS is such an under-rated game; it's one of my all-time favorites.

But why am I wasting time typing all this? I should be downloading! See ya!

8. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm not sure what caused it, but I ended up with a screen that looked like lined writing paper. White background with thin black horizontal lines. I could scroll the page up and down but that was it. I had to force quit the app and relaunch it. Anyone else run into this?

9. Gravage

Gravage New Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Since the update, I have had the same issue with seeing the new expansions. I restarted my iPad 2 and even deleted and re-downloaded the app. Now the expansions show up, but I get an error when I try to purchase them. What gives?

On a side note, I'm hoping these 2 expansions help balance the game a little better. I love this game, but it's almost impossible to win because the monsters are so much more powerful and there don't seem to be enough heroes.

10. scififan

scififan New Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Thank you for the advice. It turned out that the in-App purchases setting for the Touch was indeed not set to "on". After I changed the setting I got back my decks using "restore"! :) :)

11. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    If you have every card currently available including all unlocked cards what should the total number of cards be?

I currently have 130 cards.

TIA

12. Calibus

Calibus New Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Unlock Codes

Any chance that you will release more unlock codes and/or renew the unlock codes that have already been released. I'd like to have all the cards available but I have no cards unlocked by codes.

13. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    First off, anyone who "lost" Baloran Bounty on their device during the upgrade can reset it with this new code:

293-587-943

Calibus, send me a PM with the list of the expansions that you're having trouble with and we'll sort something out.

Also, here are 10 promo codes for the new expansion. Enjoy:

WXLKLHA4NMYM
    RMXTJMEPHWMR
    RKP9LRR3NR7E
    PH3LANWW69T7
    Y6RE7TMTNYAF
    XN6NLLEFELE3
    LLEHHRPPJA4T
    RR3NLYJ67YTK
    PK77WTRFLXLF
    NEMHXEYR6F6Y

14. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    Thanks! Took LLEHHRPPJA4T.

15. idolminds

idolminds Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Took Y6RE7TMTNYAF. Thank you!

16. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Took that code that started with XN6N

Just wanted to take the time to say how awesome this game is. I even have the expansion for that guy who writes articles for Mtg.

Seriously dope game, great for the 5 min break.

17. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #277 mastery51, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
    I Love this game!

18. Makaze

Makaze Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Used RR3NLYJ67YTK

Thank you very much!