iPad Dungeon Solitaire (Developer's Official Thread)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Saucepolicy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    ok ill give that a try. my ipod is recovering from a crash from launching alpine rock crawler world. laughs.

chris.

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    #242 Qordobo, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    First I have a question: What expansion cards you'll suggest (I already have a free one adding potions goblins and more)? Mainly which one add more new possibilities of tactics? Which one increase your rate of win or decrease your rate of lost?

I played it a little, don't like much random games, but it has a real appeal and includes a good range of tactics even if at end you'll have much more chance to lost.

Its target was to design a game, card game, fantasy background and mood, similar spirit than difficult solitaire card games. This target is very well hit, excellent and fun.

But like many other who posted here, this game make me wish a lot for a similar game but with a different design goal, less in the spirit of solitaire card game but something different even if random need has its place.

Few idea for such different game, perhaps that's very bad idea or not:
    • Pull 3 cards at each turn and use them during this turn.
    • An option for the 3 cards pull is to allow use only 2 and then next you pull only 2.
    • Have a stack of items only and allow choose among the last three.
    • Treasure cards are used or thrown during the turn you pull them.
    • Allow stack one or two trap card.
    • Re balance the random to make player win more often.
    • A campaign mode with cards win along the campaign.
    That said, Dungeon Solitaire is very fun as it is once you accept there's significant random and that you'll lost more often than you'll win. And even during a game that you'll lost there's many good tactics to apply and you keep a hope to win for most games you play until the end.

3. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Ping for the question above.

And perhaps a bug from my last game. I had 5 heroes and even 2 monsters slots free. Then the game throw a defeat message. Something about a hero head through the portal. Weird I had only to pick one more hero from the deck to win. Perhaps the deck was empty as 60 cards had been drawn. But then this should not have been a drawn?

If not I wonder when a drawn could occur.

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Does anyone have a guide or something that can explain what all of the "tie abilities" are? There is no in-game help for that (please add this!).

I am having trouble finding this, so forgive me if it has been answered before.

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Did you already look here? Options -> Rules -> Scroll to the bottom

6. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    ahh! I can't believe i missed that. Thank you :)

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I also didn't realize those instructions were more than the one visible page until somebody told me! :p

8. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    I am having the same error that LG got recently concerning expansion packs. I tried to go in and buy all of the expansion packs, but it gives me an error every time I try to buy any of them.

Is there a way around this problem?

9. SkyMuffin

May 24, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Yeah, it's a strange place to put them. Options >> Rules doesn't make sense to me. They should put Rules on the main screen.

10. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    What are the best 2 expansion packs to pick? Nobody try them?

11. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #251 mastery51, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Thanks nice quote, I hadn't yet all the free codes. But I also have one other free expansion not listed in the post, lost potions, nor sure of its source. But Lost potions is mentioned in the doc.

It's too bad that inside game you could not see an expansion description once it is included.

But I suppose the doc linked with all cards can substitute and help me decide myself which deck buy. I'm highly tempted by Unhearted Collossus for 3 heroes at the price of a very strong monster.

For a quote a post mentions more 50% wins from a large number of games, and I'd be agree with that percentage of win even if I haven't yet play as many games. But that is with some of the free expansions.

13. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    #253 Qordobo, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    There are some lost I don't understand, just go one another one right after to have ejected from board another monster. Anyway one has an idea of the cause? Well I suppose I should look at in game guide again.

Rather weird as I only needed one more hero to win and all monsters slots was free.

EDIT: Well ok when ejected to top a monster seems considered as attacking the castle, or some monster. Well in game rules don't mention that, weird.

14. N. Cabot

N. Cabot Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I figured I'd post the codes to the other free expansions here for those who hadn't seen them. If this upsets the devs for some reason, PM me or reply and I'll knock the post down immediately.

Curious Elixirs - (164-209-433)
    Cackling Kobolds - (325-676-793)
    Casual Magician - (031-062-023)

15. karishma12521

karishma12521 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Lite version please.....

16. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Yeah good point, really a very good game if you don't mind jungle with random. But the lite would be difficult to do, I don't see much how. The point is each time you change the card deck used it changes the gaming. So it would require make a deck base a bit restricted and keep a good gameplay.

Another approach would be to make the app free and paid DLC but well I don't know how well is working such approach. The only iDLC I ever bought is for this game and there's only one other game I eventually target buy some DLC. So DLC approach not working very well with me.

17. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #257 abstractgamefreak, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks for that link- not only the codes were there but a number of great recommendations concerning the expansions.

18. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #258 abstractgamefreak, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    I think, you won't regret your 1.99$. Be assured, these guys know how to do card game apps- I played their 'Poison' (a Reiner Knizia game) app before (and their port of Bejeweled Twist for the NDS, by the way) and I wasn't disappointed. Just prepare for a steep learning curve... But then, most solitaire card games (the real thing) are hard to beat. Included are three expansions already, and if you follow the link above, you'll get three more! I agree with Qordobo, this is one of my only two apps, where I paid for DLC.

19. nonexist

nonexist Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Male
    USA
    Any news for updates and new deck sets? would be cool to have an option to see all cards out of game play.

20. ash007

ash007 New Member

Jan 30, 2011