iPad Dungeon Solitaire (Developer's Official Thread)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Saucepolicy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. cbs42

cbs42 Member

Mar 17, 2010
    #181 cbs42, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
    This is great news. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm very glad to hear that the game has generated enough interest to continue development. You guys have a seriously original and fun game format on your hands here. It's just a few mechanics and scoring tweaks away from being everything it can be.

Thanks for all the fun at a great price!

2. spelk

spelk Member

I'm imagining a PC Desktop version, an Xbox Live and PSN version, with different numbered slots for different types of Castle with Stronger walls, and plenty of purchaseable Card packs to spice things up!

3. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    ---------------------------------

Great post. Haven't played in a few days, having banged my head against the wall enough times. Sorry, but when skill is so far down the ladder, this just doesn't do it for me and I am inclined to leave my rating at 1. I'm not happy about this because I desperately WANT to like this game. However, as noted above, everything about the scoring system is just plain crazy. I'd rather try to win and because I do, I cannot score as high as those who purposely go the scoring route.

Crazy.

4. Griptogrammer

Griptogrammer Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    I think you'll be happy with the 2.0 upgrade then... ;)

5. xmiyux

xmiyux Well-Known Member

I am kind of amused by the hyper-competitive leaderboard discussion on a solitaire game. :lol:

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Same would go for comparing high scores on Doodle Jump, Canabalt or Skee Ball. Or do you not have any single-player games on your device? ;)

7. Griptogrammer

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Just to make sure nobody missed it, here's a code for a free mini-expansion, Curious Elixers! Requires version 1.1 or higher

164-209-433

Curious Elixers adds two new potions, Dwarven Gutbustin' Grog and Zongeroo.

8. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I gotta say I'm feeling more than a little goddamned ripped off right now. Not only did I get 1.5 million points and not get the one million gold achievement but I finally managed to lose in less than 10 turns (7) and I didn't get the f$&@ing achievement for that either!!! What the $&"@ is wrong with you openfeint!!!!!? >.<

Oh by the way if you play the " cancel tie ability" card on a hero or monster that doesn't have said ability then the game crashes. I don't know if that has been reported yet.

F$&@ I'm angry! If there's one thing more lame than spending a shitload of time trying to get some achievement, it's spending a lot of time trying to get the achievement and then not getting it when you actually do it!!!

9. Whistler225

Whistler225 New Member

Mar 9, 2010
    The game is perfect as-is. Please don't change it so much that it effects performance.
    There are a few detractors I've read posts by in here who have a lot of ideas on how to
    change this game, yet continue to play it religiously, so really what needs to be changed?
    My only request is for more cards, and possibly one or two really powerful heroes (6/6 would be okay for one hero, wouldn't it?). I would be fine with some sort of storyline (lots of non-rpg games include storylines, like zuma, and it doesn't interfere with what is already excellent gameplay). Anyone who actually wants a game they're practically guaranteed to win probably uses a gameshark and pc game trainers....seems like that kills all the fun. The game is challenging and entertaining and to alter the balance by much would ruin that.

Great job, now I have to see if I can find out WTF this guy was talking about with the tie ability canceling.... Sounds like I missed an expansion maybe lol.....

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's in the free Curious Elixers expansion - snag it with the code a few posts back...

11. Griptogrammer

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Big Dungeon Solitaire update, version 2.0, has been submitted and is coming soon - possibly this weekend!

A preview of What's New In This Version:
    - Smoother animations
    - Improved stability
    - Many minor bug fixes
    - Additional expansion pack support (with new a Tie modifier, Chaos Chase!)
    - Two new leaderboards, *not based on Gold*

12. Serpentdivine

Serpentdivine Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    At Last

I've been sitting with the old 'update' we're supposed to avoid for ages.

13. Griptogrammer

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Go ahead get the 1.1.1 update that's currently up there, it was only 1.1 that would erase your saves.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Got a fun one that nearly made me break my iPod in half.

[​IMG]

That's all the treasures under that guy and he got an X for magic stat after I hit him with Wonky. Got a crazy amount of gold for killing him.

This sounds good, why was I so upset? Game crashed about 10 turns later.

At least I got the achievements. :eek:

15. HiddenPoohUK

HiddenPoohUK Active Member

Feb 17, 2010
    IT Consultant
    London, UK
    Picked this up tonight and enjoying it a great deal. Love the artwork on the cards and the game is great fun. Still trying to develop a winning strategy because I'm losing far more than I'm winning!

16. Griptogrammer

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Dungeon Solitaire 2.0 is live! Many small improvements and fixes, a new expansion pack, Unearthed Colossus (with a new tie modifier, Chaos Chase). And best of all, full iPad support, where you can always see the full versions of the cards, with all their stats and everything. Have at it y'all!

17. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nice!

I'm hoping I'll see less crashes with this verison.

Did you see my pic a few posts back with an X for the magic value? I've got another screen shot with part of a skull in there instead, can post it if you want. I'd also be happy to post crash logs in you're interested in those...

18. Griptogrammer

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    The stat issues are fixed in 2.0 (the head of my company actually found them before you did :) ) As for your crashes, I did fix a couple crashes and cut down on memory usage some, hard to tell if your crashes will be affected since we aren't seeing those here at all. I also found a potential problem *after* making the 2.0 build, that'll be fixed in the next update, but you'd have to go through like a couple thousand combats without returning to your home screen to have an issue with it (and that only if you were already really low on memory, from having loaded up a few Safari pages right before running, or running some jailbroken apps in the background).

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Awesome. I'll see if I can break it again. ;)

20. Griptogrammer

Mar 5, 2010
    iPhone Programmer
    Redmond,WA
    Don't forget the game is now fully iPad-icized! Anyone getting iPads, be sure to try it out.