Universal Dungeon Rushers (by Mi-Clos Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    I'm always happy to have a chance to buy premium games, there are weeks I don't even have the option.
    I do play freemium with one iron rule, I don't spend a dime on them, even if I like the game. The devs could have my money by asking a fair price not 99€ for a dispensable sack of jewels or another outrageous marketing scheme.

2. mikahslash

mikahslash Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Creative Director
    Lyon, France
    Did you try to complete the first dungeons in heroic mode to level up your characters and get better loot?

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    What I have played so far is wonderful, I am now experiencing the crash on opening. I know the developers will get a fix out soon :)

4. mikahslash

Nov 25, 2009
    Creative Director
    Lyon, France
    #104 mikahslash, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    We're just waiting for Apple to approve the update :rolleyes:

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Yep, completed the first 4 or so on Heroic currently. Like I wrote, I don't think (lack of) equipment is the issue. Mainly, I was wondering if you intended that difficulty spike, or if I e.g. made mistakes with my builds.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea there is definately a shortage of weapon and equipment loot it seems.

7. mikahslash

Nov 25, 2009
    Creative Director
    Lyon, France
    #107 mikahslash, Feb 23, 2017
    Crash at launch fixed

Hi dungeon looters.

We have good news!
    We've managed to fix the crash at launch without having to update.
    All you have to do is to launch the game normally and play!
    I hope our commitment to the game will make you increase your rating on the App Store.

If you're still encountering issues please contact:
    [email protected]

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

8. Sanderok

Sanderok Member

Oct 2, 2016
    Good game! Add me to friends, ingame name: SANDEQ

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I like how you worded that with we hope our commitment will have you update the app store rating. I hope people do change it for you guys but I bet a lot of us here never changed our positive reviews from day 1 :)

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA

Amen brother to that. This is an excellent game that had a bug that the devs were on top of immediately. It doesn't get much better than that.

11. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks for the speedy fix :D already jumped right back in

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Rushers is a decent crawler, mixing Dungelot exploration with JRPG turn-based combat. Is it fun? Game prioritizes its tongue-n-cheek attempt at humor, and while the inter-character dialogue has its moments, the writing tends to be more cheesy than funny and by the 3rd character add, I'm skipping through it. The fact that there is such emphasis on the canned dialogue, you are forced to play the predetermined characters.

What it lacks, and would make it more enjoyable would be more emphasis on persistent RPG character progression. Level progression is slow, and useful gear drops, few and far between, sure there is crafting, but you end up lugging around useless mats way before the craft option is available. Perhaps I'm impatient, but I need my RPG itch scratched a bit faster.

While the combat is turn-based, the tactical depth is limited and see no,reason why auto-combat shouldn't be an option.

Yes there are bugs, aside from the startup crash (now fixed), notable graphic glitches, sprites flickering, UI layering issues, and the fact that the game seems to accept input on the map when menu is in focus (editor especially.) These issues are tolerable, however what is most frustrating, is the apparent lack of optimization. For me, the game is choppy, with notable input lag, and general clunkyness. Perhaps, it's because I'm on an ipad4, but performance is poor, and seems to degrade the longer the session, heating up my device and draining the battery much faster than it should.

Hoping future updates address the performance issues and glitches as the game has potential.

13. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #113 Amenbrother, Feb 23, 2017
    I agree with the level progression and loot drops so maybe the dev can do something about that.

EDIT: Not going to lie every time I finish a battle I am waiting to see what shiny sword or armor I might get and it never happens lol

14. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I feel like 90% of the time I inspect something I get either a negative effect or a surprise battle. What's the point?

15. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #115 yankeeblue000, Feb 23, 2017
    I don't know how people are rating games without really delving deep into the game. The game just came out. I'm not saying complete the entire game but at least play a good chunk of the game before rating or if your going to rate & review do so as you play along and for The Love of Video Games edit, edit, edit, your reviews. Don't just play for an hr and put up a review. Especially a negative one. For the most part the people on the T.A. forums are pretty good when it comes to this but where it's really needed in the AppStore it's pretty bad.It's a shame too. Some good games and Dev's suffer because of this

Anyway, for the most part I've been reading some good things about this game and the Dev's seem committed and on their jobs. That more than anything has sold me on this game. I think I might like it. Hopefully I have fun with it It looks good and the level editor might be interesting to play with. Plus it's a premium game which is all I play for the most part. I have 2 f2p out of 50 premium games on my Ipad.

Btw, I think it was pretty cool of the Dev to throw in the IAP's for free till Sat. Little things like that go a long way to establishing good faith and trust. That with commitment and dedication to your game and to the people who buy you're game will bring you a loyal following and much success, I think. There are certain Dev's who I like a lot and who's games I like very much that will put out a new game and I will just blindly insta-buy it just on good faith to help support. If it's bad and I don't like it I won't bitch or moan about it I won't bash him or the game and I will never ever ask for a refund. I never ask for a refund if I don't like a game I just move on without a second thought.

Anyway, enough rambling. Sorry about that. :D I'm off to buy the game. I'll play it later on and will leave an honest impression of the game sometime in the near future on the AppStore

16. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    No regret getting this even without the free skins.Thou I also got hit by the crashing bug when I got later into the game. But Glad it's fixed now. So far still enjoying it. It's a 4-4.5/5 game for me. And yeah I agree that it's a nice gesture from the dev to provide the skins free for a short period. Most importantly they step up really quickly on issues. :)

17. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I find the inspect actually has some rng in hem. My rate isn't as bad as yours thou. Mine is like about 60/40. Some times you get a bunch of loots from it

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have an issue with the UI.
    When I tap on the characters "Immune to effects" icon, the description window is being hidden by the characters stats window.
    I am unable to read what the icon is describing.
    I have an iPad Pro 12.9" so I am unsure if it is a glitch only for that models resolution.

19. McDeathUK

McDeathUK Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2015
    #119 McDeathUK, Feb 23, 2017
    And... done (for now)

The game held my attention solid for the first 2-3 hours of gameplay which is always a positive sign.. but today its just not doing anything for me. The dialogue and story has no appeal whatsoever, there is nothing to like about the characters to form a bond which is something I think every RPG needs, the combat get very tired very quickly, crafting is meh. I played for an hour today and I cant see myself firing it up again.

I did normal dungeons, heroic, built dungeons, tried to beat other players dungeons.. so dipped into a lot of the early stuff on offer.. but I didnt have that urge to press on to see what was coming

Maybe I had higher expectations as Out-There was amazing..

..I suspect this is more my attention span than the game though.. I will retain the purchase, and keep a casual eye on updates.. though to be honest there is nothing 'broken' that I have to complain about

20. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Happens with Air too