iPad Dungeon Raid (by Fireflame Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Since about a month or two ago when REkzkaRZ recommended this to me, I've been thoroughly enjoying DR. He helped me take a chance on it, not knowing if it would worked in iOS7. Glad I did. :)

As far as Block Legend. That game is closer to Puzzle Quest than Dungeon Raid. Not sure where the comparisons came from. It doesn't stack up to PQ either, BL is more a casual, entry level type. :p

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont know why nobody mentioned Super Collapse coz that is exactly the block elimination concept of Block Legend in the BL thread (except me. surprisingly, nobody commented on it either which led me to believe nobody heard of it).

3. Eriatarka

Eriatarka Active Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I would put this down as one of the top 3 iOS/Android games of all time, maybe even #1.

Like everyone else, I wish it would get updated :(

4. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yes, Super Collapse, well I'm guilty there. :)

I'll have to check it out.

5. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Have you tried Dungeon Story?

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    since this game is out of date after messing with the lite version is it worth picking up for my ipad 2 or is to dated?

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I saw it, too much IAP for me. But...

... there is an upcoming game called Darkin that looks just like it but with a 2014 feel (judging by this video). It looks awesome....

And right now its premium! Im exited for this one.

8. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm not sure what you're asking, but it does work in iOS7. I suggest playing the lite version and see if it's something you like.

9. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Anyone playing this on iOS 8? IPhone 5s here, it crashes when I try to edit my class :(
    A bummer because I've heard so much about this game. Back to Darkin I guess...

10. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

It worked fine for me on ios 8 with an iPhone 5.

Maybe try a restart or a reinstall?

My heart will be sad the day it stops working. I hope that day never comes, there are still no games that meet the depth I've found in DR.

11. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Playing this now after Darkin first makes me really bummed that the developers abandoned it. It's interesting to see the "granddaddy" of this genre and it does still hold up. But the non-retina graphics and lack of wide screen is so unfortunate.
    Did the developer close? I can't find a website or anything.theres always hope that they will suddenly out of nowhere release an update or a sequel.
    Or even a "fan" clone.

12. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Please make a sequel or iap DLC

13. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    All the clone drama in the App Store lately, where are they now? This game is likely dead forever, and Darkin is gone. I am hoping someone will do a real clone of this game, and no one would be around to complain about getting ripped off.

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Darkin was pretty much a clone, almost just a reskin, and it didnt go off as most have hoped.

Being able to play Dungeon Raid was a fantastic experience though. Maybe somewhere down the timeline we get to play another like it. Im just glad we have fantastic premium match-3 RPGs that are really well made (Hero Emblem, Guardian Sword) to scratch the itch that Dungeon Raid left, even only just a small spot off of it.

15. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Now playing Guardian Sword, where I can choose my skills instead of hoping to get the key skills early in my run and knowing I can't get a high score if I don't. That said, GS is "easy", I know I'm going to win, whereas DR always had that high score tension. Still looking for other games that merge the two.

16. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Did anyone mention Dungeon Story before?
    if you like Dungeon Raid, this kinda works too.
    It's not as good as his Big Brother, but anyway, seems like the only clone left on the App Store.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm on the fence about Dungeon Story. Sharpness, swipe recognition, and screen size are all better. I also like leveling up. However it feels like all the cool strategy in Dungeon Raid is gone. The finding and upgrading weapons, Trying to link to attack enemies, and even the main screen seems way too plain. You actually have to hit pause to see the rest of the information that you should see normally.

At this point, I'm not sure if I can say it's just as good just because it seems like it's too simple even with the upgrade store. I just wish Dungeon Raid got a retina and full screen update..

18. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    It kills me that Darkin failed while millions play Candy Crush. What a world we live in. I saw that most people's complaints were that DR had more depth with all the classes and stuff.
    I love them both equally like two sons who are each great at their own thing.

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wish the devs of this one would band together to make a new version. What happened to them?

20. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    It was one guy and he just disappeared. Obviously he wasn't making a living from this and so it's not too surprising he just dropped it. Maybe something else came up in his life.

I would buy the rights to the game if he were still reachable and interested in an offer.