Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Since I can't log my iPhone warrior to my ipad I decided to do a wizard on the ipad to test the class out. Love it! Game looks even better on the ipad. I really haven't been addicted to a game like this on ios since... Well, since awhile :p

The wizzard class is totally bad a** !

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    For those playing the wizard, quick tip if you haven't noticed it already but your weapons will apply which magic ability you will be able to cast, however have you noticed that armor amplifies these effects? For example +twister, +minion dmg, +magic shield. Match your gear bonuses to your weapon and you'll be melting faces!

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think 4 is good for me until I get super powerful weapons or level up a lot more. I've gotten 1 epic and no legendaries so far. I put it on level 5 difficulty and fought the 2nd boss and it was completely one sided. If you can beat the 2nd boss on level 5 in your first run through then you're amazing.

4. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I still found monster power 4 too easy. 5 or 6 was where combat started feeling fun to me, and where I had to start actually using some tactics instead of just button mashing.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Haven't had time all day to play much but yes 4-5 does still seem easy I'm going to try crank it up to 8 and work my way down to find how difficult I want it. Hopefully I can do 8

6. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Power 8's pretty fun. It's like Diablo III's Hardcore difficulty. You have to have quite a lot of tactics and a good load of HP/MP Leech. It definitely helps to have a good DPS weapon and to switch elements on the fly should you need. Weaknesses make another difference in power 8.

I found three epics horns doing power 8. And I'm only on Campaign Level 2 (Blue letters) as well.

Oh, I also realized that Hammers are near useless. Why is that? :(

7. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Hammers useless? They are GREAT when you some of the later talents so don't give up on them yet!

Also as a side note, THANK YOU to all the posters on this forum this has been a really exciting day for us and you all have been an incredible first day iOS experience for us

I am going to sign off for the night but will be back on early in the morning in case any issues pop up!

Again THANK YOU very much from the Shiny Box team!!

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Any word on the upload issue?

9. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009

The IAP can be safely ignored. Grinding is sort of the whole point of this genre.

If you want to spend money, I suggest opening up other character slots. There is a neat feature where you can hire your other characters to help, but each gets XP and loot. I did this myself, as the devs clearly deserve something in the F2P world we now find ourselves in.

Generally, this is a quite good game. There appears to be a decent amount of content. The equipment choices are surprisingly satisfying, as there are some real trade-offs to consider.

However, there are some obvious rough spots. A prime example is the lag I experience on my iPad mini when new monsters appear on screen for the first time. It's pretty jarring.

4 stars for me.

10. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Actually already played quite a bit. Thanks though...love this game! Currently have one legendary; a lance.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I have no legendaries yet : ( just epics. I just tried difficulty 8 and it's pretty easy as my wizard although when I got to the boss I got bored trying to kill him. He wouldn't have killed me but I think I need a much higher damage weapon first.

12. cdkilgore21

Jan 9, 2013
    I actually got my legendary before I even got one epic. That being said I hate using lances so....

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just found my first legendary!

All epic equipment and just got "the broadway" legendary sword. 4,500 dps. I cried a bit inside when I found it. Tears of joy, haha!

14. cdkilgore21

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm crying too....because I don't have this...# haha...

15. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Holy hell. That DPS.

Also, I'm not sure where talents for Hammers come in, tbh. Never seen any Hammer talents at all yet. :I

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Legendary is red color right?

17. cdkilgore21

Jan 9, 2013
  18. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I'm missing stuff, how do I change difficulty and where are these talents? Thanks

19. cdkilgore21

Jan 9, 2013
    Difficulty can be changed on the main menu right after you select Dungeon Crawl. Honestly, I'm not sure about the talents.

20. Talents are found on items starting past floor 11. They are a lot like skills where they are a part of the item, and can be configured easily just by swapping items.

You can find a summary of your talents on the stats page and a detailed description of the talent by inspecting the item while on the inventory screen.