Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    So I go this on android and on my iPhone. But it won't let me log into my account on my phone. It just times out and says my internet is bad. Anyone else having this issue?

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Oh boy... You are so right with the we pack as much value into .99 as we can. I mean look at games like Dungeon Hunter 4, every time you do anything you have a timer. I mean upgrade equipment, remove gems, merge gems, drink a potion, and other stuff. Its crazy and they never got a dime from me because I felt I was being pushed to do it. I will def be spending money on this game over that crap.

3. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    You shouldn't feel like you need to justify a .99 spend. There are hundreds of games on Steam that cost 20 bucks that are utter garbage.

4. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    How do I access the vault ?

5. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the in game stash or the save game server?

If you are looking for in game stash access your inventory page and press the "arrow" that is next to the word "Bag 1" until you get to "Stash 1"

If you are trying to access the save game server you need to access "DQ Account" create and validate and account then log on. *we are having very heavy traffic issues currently

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah well, i reported my own posts, asked them to be deleted, but i also just edited them out.

Seems pointless after the first post to be reasonable with him. Not just to Intendro, but to similar posts like his.

I guess the thing to say for me is that i am really satisfied with the game, and im willing to put in some money to support the devs. It is quite rare that we get a pay model as user-friendly as this.

On the other hand, im not sure how profitable this can get for the devs in the long run. But i hope they become VERY successful with this pay model.

To the devs: This is an awesome game despite having no real story. The dungeon crawling and the looting alone is addictive as hell. Good job, and good luck!

7. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I just bought the 10$ pack in the menu and a pet for 1$ Why? Because this game deserves it and I hope I helped the community with it 4 future updates ;)

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Completely agree with you on all points, this is probably the most generous f2p I've seen with you only needing to buy things with real money if you really want it, there's no forcing you into anything. I'm all for supporting this and buying a pet and I'll buy another slot when new characters are released.
    Also agree that the (shall remain unnamed, but everyone knows who he is) poster is a complete fool and most probably just a troll looking for attention.

So I'll close with amazing game, I hope it does well for the devs as they have obviously been more than generous with giving us this as a free download.

9. Shiny Box LLC

Thank you very much for your generosity we will put that money toward getting better servers....like stat....as in this weekend :)

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Anyone else getting This when trying to upload their save to the server??

Attached Files:

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    For those of you looking for the best way to spend on IAP, I recommend spending $.99 for an extra character slot, then paying $1.99 for 300,000 gold to buy the 250,000 gold amount for the stash bag. This way you get a full game experience for $3 - 2 character slots, and a shared inventory for loot, you also remove ads this way as well. :D

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Agreed. That sounds like $3 very well spent.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just found my first two legendEX items :D found the hammer first and was going to come here and post about it but wanted to finish the stage first and found the armour in the same stage :D :D

Attached Files:

14. Shiny Box LLC

Hmmmm that is VERY funky...... It looks like your upload succeeded but for some reason you still got an error. We will have a look at the data on our end!

15. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Oh, I assumed most people were getting that error if not getting through to the server. I'm getting the same.

16. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I downloaded pocket RPG and pocket legends to compare this to it and DQ is pretty favorable if not a smoother experience (to be fair, it's a few years newer).

Hats off! I'll bomb around on the wizard a bit more to see if I want to spend money.

P.s.: EFFECTIVE!

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #157 Amenbrother, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    I get it too.

EDIT: I need the upload account thing to work so I can download the US version and buy some IAP. I cant buy any IAP now because its on a different store.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    We need a Touch Arcade review of this guys! How do we make that happen :)

19. Shiny Box LLC

That server issue is tied to the amount of people that are hitting our servers to make accounts! We are working on the issue and will have a plan of attack very soon! In the mean time you shouldn't be worried about data loss (just back up your device before you uninstall) and we will make sure all your purchases are accounted for as well!

20. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing me towards that difficulty setting guys, I thought it was way too easy.
    Although with all the loot, it is still a walk in the park on power 4! The game is a lot of fun though and here's what I just found...

Attached Files: