Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just emailed you!

2. Dev here

No dates yet but 2 months is a pretty close estimate.

We're having some issues with our Account system with the influx of new users and may need to migrate to a new solution very soon. If you send your email to [email protected] we can try to get your verification email resent to you.

3. jimjamzzz

jimjamzzz Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Best loot arpg on the App Store by a mile. 0 complaints and I'm super picky amazing work.

4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Help please...

I went out on a limb and bought the champion pack and was wondering why i don't have it or see it in my inventory. I am playing the warrior and have also bought the second character slot thinking maybe I needed to start a new game as him but it doesn't seem to be the case. I spent 2.99 on the pack and was wondering if it was glitched or a bug? Or if I am not a high enough level or something. I'm level 11. It tells me I already purchased the in-app but still nothing...

Anyone else having this problem or maybe a similar issue?

Thanks in advance,

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    ^ right? Such an awesome game. It scratches that ios-Diablo itch. There is so much loot it's awesome, always looking for that next big upgrade.

The dev is great as well! Responded quickly and is interested in helping. So I finally got my email verified but I'm having a problem connecting to my account. Could be an overload of people trying to sign in since this game seems to have a lot of players? Is anyone else having trouble with logging in on another device?

Keep up the great work by the way, looking forward to more content :)

6. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

I sent ya a reply, essentially, you equip them from the vanity section in the shop after you purchase them. Thank you for the support!

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Have to agree with all of the glowing sentiments here. This is my GOTW.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So I created the account and verified it and all that but cant upload my progress for some reason. If that works eventually I can download the game from the US store and keep my progress right?

9. Shiny Box LLC

@Amenrother Yes! Once the upload works (its up but our servers are being throttled a bit.....we are working on a fix currently) you can access that data from any device that can run DQ (iOS, droid, or any future platform as well) and you will have your current progress.

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #130 Cilo, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    I haven't drained my phone's battery playing an iOS game in awhile. I love all the throwbacks to Diablo, such as champion enemies, and a lot of the Wizard abilities. I also love that I only had to manage stats, as gear chance would give me new abilities making me choose between play styles based on loot drops rather than skill trees. I went from playing long distance single blasts, to summoning about 7 minions at once, into wide stream magic behind a tornado, and lastly heavy on magic shields and time bubbles. Really great mix of abilities!

The only issues I found really were frame rate drops here and there, and the Inferno level designed in a way that makes it difficult to see gold drops (molten lava floor fx was a little too bright and over the top). Other than that, I cleared the game with the Wizard, unlocked all three skill buttons, found tons of epics, and also picked up a pet all without paying anything.

The game is rather short, about the length of Pocket RPG, however I like it a lot better as gear and stats remain as you progress. I see myself going back to fill out my Legendex - only found 3 legendaries so far, and trying out the warrior class. Looks like I will be throwing down $2 to unlock the stash, and $1 to get the other character. Thanks for fulfilling my dungeon crawling needs, and I hope this sees a lot of updates in the future!

IMG_5039.JPG

If anyone here needs tips on playing the Wizard, I am more than willing to help you out. I can give you tips on stat upgrades, gear choices, defensive/offensive stats, and ability strats.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nice to see the dev ere I also sent you a pm with difficulty activating my account.

You cometed it all on 8 for difficulty? Besides it's not really complete until you get the best of everything for your character. I purchased a character slot just to remove ads and support the devs but I do really like the game so may look at others.

12. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Would any1 else love a ki burst monk? With fist weapons please do

13. Shiny Box LLC

@ste86uk Got your PM and sent you an answer back! Thanks for the post and THANK YOU for your support of DQ!

@christopherrocs - You will like the Rogue....she will be a great blend of Ranged and Melee!

14. Shiny Box LLC

First off, thank you very much for your support of our game we greatly appreciate it! As a heads up the "stash" lets you trade items between characters and is based off your account. So if you put items in it and delete your characters your stash will still have those items when you create a new character (along with your gold).

We have received similar feedback on our lava floors - we will address this, in the mean time find a Dog pet....they will pick up gold for ya :)

Thanks again!

15. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    @Shiny Box: Can you explain the "clover leaf" IAP?

Bought it for S&Gs not really understanding what it amounted to, saw that I did get a counter in the same place you purchase it from, it counted down to 0 and I'm guessing I now have a permanent luck boost but I have no idea what that boost is.

I gather from the fact there is no more counter that it was a one time deal, which fair enough, just trying to understand what I got for my $1 :)

----

Second and somewhat related question, which IAPs are restorable? Intuitively, I'm thinking it's the packages, cash only vanity items and pets, along with character slots.

16. Shiny Box LLC

The clover leaf is a 100% luck boost for 1000 kills. This is a GREAT way to get more rare drops very effective late in the game!

The other boost is an EXP boost which boosts your EXP gain by 100%

All IAP's are able to be restored except for the following:
    All coin purchases
    Luck Boost
    EXP Boost
    Pet Purchases
    Hire Scrolls (allows you to bring your second character into the game to play with you) You can do this with gold as well.

*Thank you for your support

17. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Ah, so it was a 1 time doubling of the luck for those 1000 kills. Alright, not exactly what I was expecting, nor terribly useful, but it was a $1.

This is the best iOS dungeon crawler I've played since Solomon's Keep and that came out 4 years ago :eek:

18. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    This is so fun, it feels like it was just made for iPods! Sure haven't had this much fun since eternity warriors 2, and that dropped iPod 4 support, so I am loving this like crazy! At yeti mountains, level 17, got a DROP FOR A PET LIKE I THOUGHT THEY WERE IAP ONLY WAS SOOOO HAPPY! Gotten to epics so far, at least I think that's there names, the ones with a orange background? One suggestion, which isn't really a suggestion because it would be impossible for an Idevice at this state, so just kinda a wishful thought, would anyone else love a Druid? That would be really cool? Thanks for the game, also, is there a coin doubler, I would buy that. Gonna buy another character spot, and devs, this is the best game, thanks

19. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome that was the last thing I needed to hear before spending some money on this :cool:

20. Shiny Box LLC

Really quick piece of info:
    We NEVER charge for a character. The classes can all be played at any time. If you want additional slots yes those do cost money.

We pack as much value into that .99 as possible, all ads are removed from the game (which we also tried to keep minimal), and you can now hire that extra character you create to take into battle with you. The "hire" system is found on the character select screen just press the button under the character and you will see it there.

You can hire the character with gold or you can buy hire scrolls to hire them if you choose.

This money helps us continue to develop content for our game and upgrade our hardware (Thank you btw.....with your help TA our servers have been demolished....we are working on upgrading those now).

As always ANY SUPPORT you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback and for all the comments!