Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Gamecenter achievments don't seem to be working. I've achieved several feats several times now and they never go all the way to completion in GC.

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I love the mythics!!!!! Ignis is now dead in less than 1 seconds, and I deal 400m damage with my rogue!!! Love it!!

3. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

iOS Critical Update availble soon

I just wanted to give everyone on this forum a quick heads up! We have found an issue that effects some iOS users when they attempt to buy an in game item. This bug may cause your purchase to not get added to your game (depending on the item) and will force you to manually "Restore Purchases" from the main menu.

We have already submitted a new build to Apple and have requested a priority review for the update.

While this doesn't effect everyone, if it does effect you please feel free to email [email protected] and we will address the issue ASAP!

4. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Thanks for the update~ :)

5. 1337Pwnzor

1337Pwnzor New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Do the hired characters actually get xp? Seems to me they don't level up (not even once) every time I hire them. I tried playing on floors that are optimal for them.

6. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Hired char get xp aswell.. But it's balanced toward the level.. The higher level character gets more xp so your hired character may not level up if you play in low floor..

7. Shiny Box LLC

Ok! The iOS patch is out and ready to go! Sorry about that issue, IAP's should be fixed now. If you have any issues please let us know: [email protected]

8. 1337Pwnzor

1337Pwnzor New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    So you mean, I should play on floors biased towards the high level char? But what if the level gap is almost 80 levels?

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Is there any game similar to DQ, but with a space theme?

10. #1010 Atrophex, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    Reposting Blog for "Patch 1.8 - Preview"

Eternal Legends
    Since the release of Crystals and Mythstones, our poor Legend items have become much less desirable when compared to items you can create yourself. When the best items you can have are created from Crystals, excitement from drops shifts from actual items, to getting rare Crystals. Our goal is to make Legends��interesting again, so we decided to create a new rarity that Legends can drop as with a few special rules.

[​IMG]

When a Legend drops as an Eternal Legend, its normal, epic, and legend affixes are <strong>doubled&#55357;&#56489;</strong>and its Quality is set to 50%. These changes alone give us a lot of interesting potential for Legend items again, and can definitely provide new upgrades over perfectly crafted Crystal items.

[​IMG]

Not only can a Legend drop as an Eternal Legend, but we still have the system that allows Legends to convert one of their affixes to a Crystal affix. This means that a dropped Legend can be both Eternal, and have a Crystal affix!

[​IMG]

The caveat to Eternal Legends is that they can only be modified by two Crystals, Calcite ( to change the element ) and Beryl ( to change the nature ). All other Crystals will not work on Eternals. This helps solidify the idea behind Eternals, which are items you're excited to see drop, and keeps Crystal Enchanting as it's own separate powerful avenue to improve your gear.

[​IMG]

Lastly, to ensure that you're likely to get a useful item when any Legend drops, we're changing the affix ranges for Legends so they roll at least 75%+ of their potential. For example, an epic Weapon Damage % Affix with a normal range of 5-50% should always be above 38.75% ( 77.5% when Eternal ).

Affix Sorting
    A highly requested feature since Crystal Enchanting released was a way to organize affixes on crafted ( and of course non crafted ) gear. In patch 1.8, whenever you apply any crystal or mythstone to any item, the item's affixes will be sorted by their power.

[​IMG]

The order of affixes will be:
    • Set
    • Crystal
    • Mythstone
    • Legend
    • Epic
    • Normal

Feat Updates
    Patch 1.8 will also update a few of the Feats to provide more appropriate rewards. An issue we've been seeing is that the Apply Crystal/Mythstone reward was just too powerful. This will be changed from increasing stack counts to dropping one rare Crystal or Mythstone.

Another issue we've seen is that there were two very boring Feat rewards for killing Mythic Enemies and Killing 100 Bosses. These feats will now drop a random Eternal Legend as their reward.

Chinese Version
    We have partnered with game publisher SkyMobi to bring a fully localized version of Dungeon Quest to carriers in China.&#55357;&#56489;China has an incredibly large and growing mobile gaming demographic and we're very excited to get Dungeon Quest into the hands of many new players. This version is in full production and should be available in the coming months.

View updated Chinese Banner

Updated Tutorial
    With many new players coming to Dungeon Quest, we decided it was a good time to completely update our tutorial and new player experience. Most of this experience will occur on the first floor for new players.&#55357;&#56489;Experienced players may see a few new events pop up which are quickly dismissed, and should only occur once.

[​IMG]

Our hope is that the combination of the tutorial, codex, and updated tips, that Dungeon Quest is a much easier game to get into and understand.

Much more to come!
    We're in the final stages of testing Patch 1.8, and already in the middle of development for Patch 1.9! If you're a bit bored of waiting, come visit us on forumsand give us any feedback that comes to mind. We love hearing from you!

[​IMG]

We also keep a close eye on our twitter, facebook, and subreddit so keep on letting us know what you want to see next in Dungeon Quest!

11. Shiny Box LLC

#1011 Shiny Box LLC, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    Patch 1.8.0 is now live on the App Store! Thank you all for your support and feedback!

12. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Thank You!
    What's ^ wit the updates tonight?...
    Fun! That'z ?

13. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I just got this game today for the first time! I have to say it's very fun even though im in the beginning...but I have a few questions...I don't really understand the stats and weapon damage....
    how is that picture possible?
    I have many items that should clearly do more dmg but it shows as my dps going down -%
    also under char stats i went from 16k dps to 10k after equipping an item that said I was gaining +% dps..very confused any help would be awesome

Attached Files:

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Restore purchases

Hey it looks like restore purchases isn't working. I'm on a different device and when I hit it, it doesn't seem to connect. Am I missing something?

15. Shiny Box LLC

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. For some reason my forum app didn't pick up on the last new page of questions:

Restore Purchase will not restore your purchase on a different platform. Do this instead: Just upload your data to the DQ Account (using the button on the main menu) and then you can pull that data down to another device. That way all the data will be there and you can pick up playing where you left off.

16. Shiny Box LLC

The DPS number is the difference you will see between the basic attack of one weapon vs another. It will not do an entire tally (won't included talents etc) of all your equipment or Hero Point spec.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Although this game seems impressive in certain respects, life leach seems whacked. I keep upping the difficulty level, but I can still just stand there and get 0 damage, with like +104 hp/sec from two items. Meanwhile the monsters seem to do 6 damage each. I've seen my health move once in maybe an hour of playing, much of that with only one hp/sec item.

18. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #1018 kopicha, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Oh thanks for bumping up this thread. Didn't know about this game till I see this. Went to give it a shot and find it really entertaining. Love dungeon crawling with tons of loots especially when done right. And this seems to be one of those that done a good job in that aspect. Randomize map yet not too huge in area great but bite size game play. Interesting way to spec and customize toon (except you can't really change the gender or character look). Loot system kinda interesting too with a tons of element from Diablo 2 which is kinda nice. No energy system here is really awesome allowing you to play at the content of your heart. Looks like I gonna buy something in the iap to support the dev for making this entertaining game. So far I am really loving every bit of it. Only thing I would wish for is a coop of 2 or 3 players. Some times can be nice to play with friends via Game Center although I know there is a pet system in this game. Other than that I really enjoy this one a lot. :)

19. Great to hear that you're enjoying it :) Thanks for letting us know!

20. Just in case you guys are interested, here's our latest blog post:

Get Ready for Battle!

[​IMG]

In patch 1.9 we will be featuring our first new major game mode for Dungeon Quest: Battle Arena! In the Battle Arena, you will face off against other player's AI-controlled Heroes in 1v1 or 2v2 death matches. Matches are fought for League points, Reward Chests and Glory. Each round is fought until the opposing team is killed, with the Match concluding when one team reaches three round victories.

[​IMG]

Seasons and Leagues
    Once Patch 1.9 is released, the first Season of Battle Arena will begin. Your Battle Arena journey starts in Common League and ends in the Eternal League, where you will fight the top players for the highest Rank. You will be able to view your progress on the League's Ranking Leaderboard, where you will be able to view other player's profiles! This profile screen can also be used to easily show-off your character's gear and stats.

[​IMG]

New Item Type
    To help aid your battles we're introducing a new equip-able item, the Trophy. Trophies will be earned from Battle Arena Reward Chests, and will have unique skills and affixes&#55357;&#56489;tailored to fighting in the Battle Arena. Since the affixes and skills are Battle Arena centeredm, players who are not interested in Battle Arena will not be affected if they choose to keep to their Dungeons and Monster slaying.

[​IMG]
    Updated AI and Configuration
    In 2v2 Battle Arena, it's important that your Hireling teammate behaves how you want them to. In 1.9 we'll be making a strong effort to implement a better AI, while&#55357;&#56489;also giving you enough control that you can customize how your Hireling behaves. This will be especially important because your Team can earn rewards for their victories while you're away!

[​IMG]

Arenas
    During our first Season, battles will be fought in two arena environments, Fire and Ice. Each Arena will have multiple lighting variations, much like our Maps have for normal dungeons.

[​IMG]

Rewards
    Each season will feature a unique set of vanity items. Auras are a new vanity type that will be earned by reaching Magic League in 1v1 and 2v2. The reward for Eternal League in Battle Arena will earn you a set of 3 season-exclusive Back Vanities tailored to one of each class's specializations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If Battling for Glory doesn't appeal to you, don't worry! There's much more to 1.9 than Battle Arena. After development has progressed a bit more, we'll uncover the rest of 1.9's features in much more detail. You can look forward to hearing more about:
    • Prestige and Perk system
    • Convert System
    • New IAP Boosts (and overhaul), Vanities, Stashes and more!
    • How the League System Works
    • Major Balance Updates
    • UI Overhaul

If you're interested in getting an early look at Patch 1.9 and helping us with feedback, please see this thread: http://www.shinyboxgames.com/NewSite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1545