Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #921 worldcitizen1919, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Its a good game do far. Bug in startup screen but eventually got into the store.

2. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

What kind of issue did you run into on the start up screen?

3. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi there, any updates on the new char? Another mth or?

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    It's like everyone forgot about this game after battleheart.

5. Shiny Box LLC

Hi!

Sorry I missed this post I should have double checked my phone post, apologies!

We are in testing phase right now for the Rouge. We also have another update post with some fancy screens we will put out this week. Testing has been going well but of course we are getting plenty of bugs. We are still aiming for an early July release!

Thanks for the interest!

6. Shiny Box LLC

I love Dungeon Quest (its my favorite game ever)....but I also love Battleheart! They made an AWESOME game and deserve TONS of kudos for their work.

7. Blog Excerpt:

We're finally back with another look at the upcoming Rogue class! But before we dive into some of the Rogue's weapon and offhands, we would like to show you the updated LegendEx!

[​IMG]

As you can see, we've neatly categorized the LegendEx into 4 categories, Wizard, Warrior, Rogue, and Pets! That's right, we're finally adding Legend versions of Pets along with the Rogue class in Patch 1.5.

Legend Pets will each have a Set affix on them ( e.g. Blood Magic, Ascendant, Cosmic Power, etc ), and will be themed around that Set.

[​IMG]

Rogue Weapon - Chakram

[​IMG]

Above is the first look at the Rogue in Assassin gear using the now third revealed Weapon, the Chakram! Chakrams are a unique weapon that requires the proper amount of Chakrams to be in the Rogue hands before she can use the related mainhand or mainhand special skill.

[​IMG]

The Boomerang skill requires at least one held Chakram, and works very much like Living Force does. The Chakram is thrown out, and returns back to the Rogue for extra damage. The ability is very useful for Single Target damage.

[​IMG]

The Special Chakram ability is called Whirling Blades, and requires the Rogue to have both Chakrams held before she can cast. The Whirling Blades ability throws each chakram around the Rogue in a spiral pattern that returns back to the Rogue after a few seconds. This is a very useful way to clear out an Area.

Rogue Offhand- Trap

[​IMG]

The Trap is fun little item that can be used to setup Traps that shoot Stunning/Damaging beams between each trap laid out. The LayTrap ability puts out one Trap, while the Sentry ability lays out three traps in a useful pattern. You will only be allowed to have 5 of these traps out at once, so plan accordingly!

[​IMG]

We hope you've enjoyed this preview. We're in the later parts of testing now that's starting to cover Game Balance and Bugs, so we're nearing being weeks away from release. We also have one more Preview coming that will detail the 4th weapon and the rest of the Offhands, so make sure to follow us at on our forums, twitter, facebook, or reddit to catch it!

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    This is such a great game. I have no idea how I missed it. Playing as a warrior :D

9. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Just get hand on it, the game is decent so far, one beginner question, can you identify items infinitely? I can't find identify scrolls in the inventory.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    ETA on update?

11. Shiny Box LLC

Yup! We just use gold to identify the items. Click on the item in your inventory with the "?" and in the bottom right hand corner a menu will slide up. "ID Item" should be one of the choices.

Thanks for playing!

12. Shiny Box LLC

In the final stages of testing the Rogue patch at this point. Tuning and balancing game play and fixing the bugs that have been uncovered during user testing!

13. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Sweet can't wait! are a ton of people still playing this?

14. FateRiddle

Jun 3, 2014
    I'm trying to come up with builds, but I couldn't find data of new affixes(set ones and some new epic ones) anywhere, wiki seems haven't been updated for ages. Anyone know where to find a full list of affixes and what they actually do? Thanks!

15. Shiny Box LLC

Hi there! Our forums are a great resource for this, also we know that our blog page is out of date but we will be updating that with the release of the Rogue Patch. We are going to try to get it all covered at once.

I was also going to create a few walk through videos for new players. Can any of you all suggest some areas of the game you would like to see covered or would be helpful for new players to see?

Thanks!

16. FateRiddle

Jun 3, 2014
    Thank you for the reply!
    I've got some thought, it may sounds harsh, but that's just what I feel, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

1. The game icon looks too cheap, that why I missed this game
    2. Game type is pretty much focus on hardcore players(who else will grinding through 100+ similar dungeons just for the best gear?), but the contents is too easy, not much of skill needed other than just keep shooting your bullets, well, I feel this way maybe because I played it after wayward souls. And the game experience being tedious after first killing Ignis.

Overall the equipment system is top tier, other parts have great potential.

17. We will be replacing this with the rogue patch, will try to make it less cheap looking. Have any examples of icons you like?

I can see where you're coming from. We actually increased base health for normal enemies by 100% and elites by 50% for the patch coming soon. We also have challenge maps and enemy power levels in now for high difficulty fun, but will be adding new modes soon for more variety.

This means a lot to hear, thanks :)

18. Blog Excerpt:

Welcome back our (final) Rogue "Sneak" Peek series!

We're getting extremely close to releasing the Rogue, and she still has some gear we haven't covered yet. First, let's make sure we have covered each of the three Talent specializations our Rogue's#gear can be centered around.

Rogue Talent Specializations

Ranger

[​IMG]

As you might expect, Ranger primarily specializes in Bows and Traps. Trap abilities allow the Ranger focused#Rogue to keep enemies at a distance, while she fires away with her Bow abilities, Double Shot, and Multi Shot. Her talents focus on improving her Bow Fire-rate, Stuns, and dealing more damage with Traps.

Pirate

[​IMG]

As a#Pirate, the Rogue#specializes in explosive weapons like Flintlocks#and Bombs. Flintlocks have two abilities, Ricochet and Scatter Shot.

[​IMG]

Ricochet gives projectiles a chance to ricochet off walls, and even enemies with the Pirate talent "Pistoleer". The damage and chance to ricochet drops by 25% each ricochet, however the Talent "Rebound" can actually increase the damage dealt per ricochet!

[​IMG]

Scatter Shot is a useful ability that deals damage and Blinds all enemies hit. "Blind" is a new status effect that causes the enemy to wander around aimlessly as it tries to regain sight.

Assassin

[​IMG]

A Rogue that specializes in Assassin talents will be focused on either Daggers or Chakrams. We covered Chakrams in our last Sneak Peek, but haven't discussed Daggers yet. Wielding Daggers will give you two abilities, Quick Attack and Blink Strike. Quick Attack shortens your Special Ability's ( Blink Strike ) cooldown by a second every time you attack, and Blink Strike teleports the Rogue directly to her nearest targeted Enemy, stunning and dealing heavy damage to all nearby enemies.

Offhands

Finally, we have three offhand items and abilities we haven't covered, until now!

Vial

[​IMG]

Vial's abilities are Coat Weapon and Stealth. Coat Weapon causes the next attack to Critical Strike and Elemental Critical ( causes Toxic, Immolate, Paralysis, or Freeze, depending the element ). Stealth not only removes all status effects on the Rogue, but also causes her to avoid every incoming attack for at least 2 seconds ( improved by the talent "Veil" ).

Bomb

[​IMG]

The Bomb is actually a very useful movement enhancing item that can let the Rogue Vault forward, blinding nearby enemies, or cast Smoke Bomb and escape backwards, blinding and damaging enemies left in the cloud.

Mirror

[​IMG]

Mirror comes with two extremely fun abilities, Swap and Mirror Image. Mirror Image creates an exact copy of the Rogue that casts whichever mainhand abilities the Rogue casts. Swap will let the Rogue swap places with any enemy or mirror image that she has targeted. If she swaps places with a mirror image, she blinds and deals#extra damage to any nearby enemy.

Coming Soon

[​IMG]

We're in the final stages of releasing the patch, which means balance tweaks, minor bug fixes, and making countless builds until we have the perfect patch ready to release! Submission usually takes at least a week once we have a version of the patch that's ready, and we'll be releasing as soon as Submission passes.

We know that our third class has taken quite awhile to come, but we feel like the time we spend polishing the Rogue in these final stages will be worth the wait. If you're interested in helping us test and balance in the patch's close to final state, please let us know at [email protected]!

19. cbbflfjz

cbbflfjz Member

Jan 6, 2014
    awesome! can't wait to play the rogue class!!

20. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    The wait is taking forever, Diablo 3 for xbox one will be out soon....