Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
  2. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
  3. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
  4. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Can only load them one at a time... It is a pain.

View attachment 72479

This one will not show for whatever reason. It is the legendary Chaos ring with plagued set.

5. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Great set!!! I'd suggest changing the necklace to the one with empower ability to greatly boost damage ;) other than that, it's great!! Really want your robe...

6. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah... I have not found the empower version yet. More legendary finds will change these out for improved versions. :)

7. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ugh...I'm getting one shotted all over the place...what a pain.

8. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Where? Try my build.. While my equipment is focusing on damage and critical hits, I pump my stats to mana and keep up my mana shield all the time.. With mana leech on, you'll never die if the attack you received aren't surpassing your maximum mana points..

Anyways, are the servers down? Cannot upload my save at all..

9. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Uploading is always the most difficult... I may actually go back to using the mana shield build later but I want to have teleport right now for faster farming.

10. xander134

xander134 Member

Jul 14, 2013
    New York
    I'm enjoying the crap out of this game. It's simple but A LOT OF FUN. The elemental system and the off-hand items make for cool and extremely fun customization (on top of the stats-based gear).

Three things I'd like to see, though I'm sure they've already been covered in this massive thread:

1) Loot scales with enemy difficulty, even in earlier stages, when enemy level is increase. At present gear seems to scale only with stage number.

2) A single player campaign, story-line, and/or missions/quests. The game is called Dungeon QUEST, but there don't seem to be any quests.

3) Multiplayer. Whether it's horde-mode, with a team of players facing waves of increasingly difficult enemies, or PVP matches (MOBA style?), multiplayer would add tremendously more replayability.

This is an addictive and fun game for those who like a Torchlight/Diablo-like loot-fest, but it needs a little more depth in order to retain players beyond the 4th Floor of levels.

11. We've outgrown the server that we're currently on, which is why we're having so much trouble lately. The next patch will be moving us to a new server that should provide a much more solid and reliable connection. We're testing the patch now and will be submitting in a day or so to Apple for review.

12. You should be technically getting better gear from higher Enemy Power, considering your Luck increases the rarity of items dropped on average. Past floor 100 you stop getting higher level items, and the expected progression is finding better and better epic and legend items ( with the help of higher Luck ), and playing with different builds that allow you to reach floor 200. Since you can adjust Enemy Power at any time, there shouldn't be too much of a wall that would stop you from progressing. If there is, please let us know where you're experiencing it!

We know we should... and will likely have a Story or Quests or just something more than our intro text that says "VANQUISH THE EVIL AT THE PLACE" at some point. The problem there is that none of us are exactly story writers, and we've been so focused improving the game everywhere else ( related to our skillsets ) that we've neglected explaining exactly why you're killing slimes and skeletons. For now, just know they are evil and could potentially carry delicious loot.

Definitely our most requested feature :)

Thank you for the feedback!

13. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    How about adding leaderboard for highest damage dealt? Just an icing in the cake though.. Been tinkering with my stats, equips, and power tower/fountain and finally dealt 4.2M poison damage to enemy weak to it ;)

14. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    What equipment are you currently using? That is pretty sick! I am working on some more enchanting currently myself.

15. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #835 chaos_envoys, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Skills: +100% glasscannon, 2 twister +20%, 1 damage +47% 1 poison +20%, and 1 poison +500 damage, weaken +10%
    Talents: plague 20, empower 30..
    I'm lazy to upload photo :p

That pretty much all of it.. Without power tower, the damage is capped at 3,4~3,7M and with power tower, it got a boosted 4,2M~ Of course weaken need to work first..

To ignis, it only dealt about 2,3M though...

16. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    What equipment do you have glass cannon on? I would not mind another piece with it. :)

I will let you know what my twister pushes when maximizing DPS. Still working on enchanting a quality ring. Enchanting is so time consuming but I love being able to make them so great even if it takes so long.

17. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Legendary Bracer Spellbinder.. I need to enchant a quality empower neclace since mine was just a so-so.. Uploading is a pain so maybe I'll wait to make it later..

18. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    I have an insane empower necklace. I will have to search for that bracer to see if glass cannon provides a solid bump. :)

19. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    What affix in your empower necklace?

20. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012