Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Just uploaded this video showing the build details. It has the added DMG boost from Oracle.

http://youtu.be/PgDUkvioX8M

2. ruggedland

Oct 11, 2011
    Very interesting. I'm glad those maps can be purchased with in-game gold, and they definitely add to the variety of the game. Is GameCenter leaderboards part of this patch?

Really looking forward to the Rogue class.

3. GameCenter leaderboards will be supported with this patch :)

4. ruggedland

Oct 11, 2011
    Sweet, thanks dev.

5. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    That is weird... Gear does not look too crazy special and my DPS shows as significantly lower on both my wizard and warrior. My wizard does more damage per hit as well.

6. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    The multiplier are more with lance, and might, stonecold, attack speed, and even nadroji to increase might and stonecold more.. And some ice damage too.. My wizard kills much faster with only 600k dps because I'm focusing on twister critical not on normal attack..

7. GoleX

GoleX Member

May 10, 2012
    Here is the blog post on the upcoming patch for easier reading:

Patch 1.4.4 Preview – Challenge Maps and New Leaderboards

Challenge Maps
    Starting at level 20, you will be able to purchase a new type of item: Maps! We plan on having many types of these Maps, and the first type we have implemented is the “Random Map” Challenge. Random Maps will take you to a random dungeon, with brand new lighting and effects that hopefully adds much needed variety to dungeon running.

[​IMG]
    Corrupted Fire World

[​IMG]
    Demonic Fire Dungeon

Climb past floor 200!
    These maps are guarded by a mini boss called a Cartographer, who drops a Random Map for the next floor that’s one floor higher. Doing these Maps will allow players to surpass our previous floor limit of 200, and climb our new “Highest Floor” Leaderboards also included in this patch.

There will be “Highest Floor” Leaderboards for each Enemy Power level, so climb ranking at whatever Difficulty you feel most comfortable!

[​IMG]
    Golden Ice World

[​IMG]
    Enchanted Desert Dungeon

Dungeon Tileset Variety
    The new lighting and effect variety we’ve added for these will offer roughly 5 new styles per Dungeon, from Super Dark dungeons to extremely varied as seen below:

[​IMG]
    Arcane Fire Dungeon

Map Items
    Maps will have random affixes, much like items, that add different challenges to each map. With each map affix added to the map, the higher the Reward for completing it!

[​IMG]

Shop Updates
    Maps can also be purchased in the shop at the current floor your character is at starting at 5000g at floor 20, up to 50,000g at floor 200, and beyond! Other shop changes include slightly more expensive potions for players above level 50 and scaling Pet prices that offer lower prices to low level players .

[​IMG]

Account Connection Issues
    With this new patch we’re moving to a new server solution that should dramatically improve connectivity and our ability to respond to connection issues. To fully move to this solution, we need to update client code, and we’ll be requiring at least version 1.4.4 of Dungeon Quest to connect to the DQ Account System once this new system goes live.

Future Content
    We have two large patches coming after 1.4.4:

Patch 1.5 – The Rogue Class
    Patch 1.?.? – New Item System, Enchants/Augments, Socketing System, Hero Point system, and new Map Types
    The order of these patches depend on a few factors, mainly how quickly the art team progresses on Rogue. If her modeling and animations progress as planned, the Rogue will be out first. Otherwise Patch 1.?.?, which requires no new art, will come before.

Both patches will provide a large amount of content and we’re anxious to get them in as soon as possible. In the meantime, let us know what new Map types you would like to see next and make sure to keep following us at our forums, twitter, facebook, or reddit to get the latest news.

8. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Server down? I cannot connect to the server in game or connect to the forums... :(

9. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Was just having rough times uploading for a bit. It is so hit or miss. Really looking forward to the server migration! :)

10. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

That makes all of us :)

We will let you all know when we submit the patch for approval. This weekend will be very heavy on the servers that are up now so we do apologize in advance for any connection issues that spring up. You should still be able to access them, it just make take a few attempts.

11. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wow, upcoming update looks awesome! It definitely reminds me of the Torchlight 2 system, which is an awesome thing. Keep up the amazing work and don't let this game die!

12. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I agree. The new stuff looks awesome. I can't wait to play it. I guess I need to work a bit harder to get up to floor 200.

13. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    loving how the update looks!! can't wait to play it..

14. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Spent the last day enchanting some gear up. Currently rocking 3 legendaries and 3 epics on my wizard. The legendary items are used for set bonuses. Using them for blood magic (all MP to HP), plagued (Armor boost of 25% HP) and cosmic power (25% MP/MP regen). These help me achieve 9500 armor and nearly 38kHP on my wizard. I am still able to shell out large tornado damage as well (takes 4 tornadoes to kill floor 200 Ignis at EP8. Gave up some tornado DPS for survivability but I like being able to teleport on elite monsters and have no worries about getting hit no matter what is around haha. Only thing that I did not do was pump luck on my epics. I do have other epics that are nearly as good with luck but currently want to stick to maximizing DPS while having plenty of survivability for the upcoming new maps and all. :)

My warrior is rocking all legendaries and he is essentially a meat shield for the most part even though his DPS is respectable.

15. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    So how much damage did you deal per twister attack to ignis?

16. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Each tick was hitting for 1.77 million using poison. Plenty of damage for now. I may need more with this next patch but we will see what happens. Looking forward to leveling the rogue as well. I hope we will be able to hire both the rogue and the warrior at the same time. Does not make too much sense to have three character slots but only able to use two at a time. ;)

17. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Not sure why but my twister damages fluctuates from 1.4m to 2m poison damage to ignis.. Mind sharing which equipment you use now?

18. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    My first couple ticks on twister are lower (around 1.2 million) I believe the boost comes from the weaken skill. Pictures of current equipment as follows. Could use some different random affixes but it gets the job done for now.

View attachment 72473

19. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
  20. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012