Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Great game ignore anyone that says otherwise. My main knit pick would be I'd of liked different graphics but still a great game and good to play.

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Hey man, gameplay over graphics any day. At least in my books.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #63 ste86uk, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Very true but it's nice to have both! They aren't bad but I can just imagine this gameplay with dead trigger 2 graphics!

Just stayed up for a while after work to play my wizard, loving my poison mana shield and barrage from my wand. I do keep seeing though when I go onto items it mentions offhand attack as someone did here in the forums. Anyone know how to do the offhand attack?

Edit: ok so looking at it again....and coming back to replay a boss on a harder difficulty it seems like for your main hand and offhand weapon you get both skills. My main attack button is from the staff and my first skill mana shield is from the offhand item. My second skill I unlocked is the offhand skill for my staff with that being storm ((which is awesome)) so I'm guessing when I unlock that final skill slot tomorrow I'll get the offhand skill from my offhand item unlocked.

I'm sure I seen an extra skill slot on the screenshots though?

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I am loving this, going to buy a pet just to remove the adverts (even though they aren't excessive)
    I'm playing in enemy setting 8 and I've gone through the first five levels twice so far.
    Brilliant game hope it does well and this price point and that we see plenty of updates.

Attached Files:

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think the graphics are fine, also the filesize isnt huge so i would rather that be the case.

Really enjoying this, controls work well, just a nice hack n slash, i'll also buy an IAP to get rid of the ads. Well worth picking up, hopefully theres a fair bit of content in it

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Can anyone access the leaderboard? Or it is only me who can't?

7. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    It's gone

The game is no longer available in the UK ie.the item your trying to buy Is no longer available!

8. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Yeah US too :/

9. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Yes, this is strange. Looks like the Uk store hasn't been updated fully yet. I'll try it again, but I don't believe they are still in the store. Same thing happened with Family Guy, it came out later in the Uk than it was expected. Could be a few more hours.

10. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Thank you from SHINYBOX!

Hi everybody and THANK YOU very much for talking about our game!

To answer a few questions:
    1) Some users are having some server issues, we are looking into this right now VERY SORRY for this issue.
    2) ANY purchase you make in our game will remove all ads! Thank you all in advance for your support.
    3) Online is NOT required to play our game.
    4) There really is no pay wall.....play as long as you like and FIND THAT LOOT!!
    5) The game was released a bit early and we are trying to get that under control as well.

If any one has ANY issues please post here or on our forum, our twitter @DungeonQuest_SB.

Thanks again!!

11. Shiny Box LLC

Your items will be fine. Also the servers will still work for you as well!! Make sure you use the DQ Account system. You can upload your save game to our servers and then pull that data back down to any device that plays DQ (droid, windows, ios, etc) it is free and will back up your save data in case lose your data!

12. Shiny Box LLC

Thank you VERY MUCH for your support!!

13. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    When is it coming back on the US App store??

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, I am very eager to purchase IAP but I had to make sure the game is working fine for me.

1) I encounter "unknown" error when uploading the char to your server. It stops midway and prompt a "unknown error" msg.

2) likewise for leaderboard, encountered "unknown" error when trying to view the leaderboard.

3) there is no log out button for DQ account? Initially I thought my account is having problem so i decided to recreate another one but I can't seem to log out so I have to delete the game and do a fresh install. Also, some player might play more thn 1 account, it will be great to have a re login page if we wanna change between account.

Thanks

15. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Truly enjoying this! With it had invisible analog though. The standard I feel is to close to the bottom of the screen, if I could place it more towards the middle it would be more comfortable :)

16. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Whoa, can it be? Is this the Pocket RPG replacement Ive been waiting for?

17. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    FYI I found it on the Canada app store.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Early release huh? Well watch your Twitch accounts and your Youtubes, they aren't safe! Just kidding. These are good devs unlike that other company as of late....

19. Shiny Box LLC

We are looking into the server issues now. This may resolve itself on your end if you try not to hit the server for an hour or so.

Leaderboard issue - This is tied into our server system. Once that is back up the leaderboard will be as well!

Right now we only have one account per user. As we grow (and today is an example) we will need to upgrade our server system and we can add additional accounts.

Thank you for playing!

20. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    When will DQ release for US App Store? I want it now, but the patience. :c