Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Jesus. All orange stats.

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    So @CptMurdock, how much damage you deal per twister attack?
    Mine deals critical 700k for resisted enemy, and 1,7m-2m for effective enemy.. If the enemy is weaken, my twister can deal up to 2,5m and since my equips are focusing in critical damage (+300%) and critical chance (+40%), every attack are pretty much critical..

3. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    My crits on resisted enemies are only 400kish currently. I wish the weapon I had also had +damage modifier. Maybe I will find one some day haha. Wizard dies so easily though. I hate avoiding everything and wizard AI is better than warrior AI when hired so I have been hiring my wizard and tanking everything. I am on floor 165 or so power lvl 8. Not having any issues plowing along though. Might crank out 200 tomorrow.

4. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I mainly uses my wizard, and putting my stats into mana until my mana is 30k and use mana shield all the time.. Since mana leech is activated, I cannot die if the attack I receive isn't above 30k.. So far, only bombs from enemy with explosive can kill me.. It's easy to avoid that though..

5. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Good strategy. I dumped most points in to attack and have been pumping HP. I dropped a little bit of DPS to use the amulet that turns skulls in the spirits. That took a lot of heat off of me but the elite monsters that drop elemental bombs require some finesse and the worm boss is a bit of a pain sometimes. The AInfor a hired warrior is just awful to me. Once that gets corrected I will go back to using my wizard as my selected hero.

6. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #766 AzeTheGreat, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    What is the Taunt and Fear proc on this legendary?

Edit: Oh, and it seems like you always want to ID everything. Test it by getting a bag full of items ready for ID. Click sell all. Record the price. Click ID all and record that price. Click sell all again and record it. The first two added should be less than the third. Basically, it always seems beneficial to ID. Sometimes the benefit is greater than others, but this seems to be holding up against my mental math for every bag I sell.

Attached Files:

7. CptMurdock

Sep 21, 2012
    Would be nice if created items from the imp fell in to a separate tier so the imp would stop eating what he creates. Really a pain to manipulate the system currently. Maybe imp crafted items could be purple or something? Just wish I could set my pick up tier higher without the hassle. I cannot even see what the imp is doing when I am battling due to toxic clouds and mass wizard poison devoting everywhere... :/

8. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Meteor has 25% chance to inflict "taunt" status on opponent, and shatter has 25% chance to inflict "fear" status on opponent.. I think taunt will make the opponent focuses his attack on you, and fear will make him stay away from you.. The best status to inflict on opponent is "weaken" though.. When an opponent is weaken, the damage inflicted is increased significantly..

9. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Aww...not cool. I thought it was 25% chance to cast meteor when enemies are scared. I was like, "Where's the scary face button?" What's Shatter? Don't believe I've seen that before.

10. EmeraldLynx

EmeraldLynx Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    Question: Does attack speed affect how fast your axe spins with Whirlwind?

I've been loading up on attack speed and it seems to help, as well as bumps my DPS, just wanting to make sure.

11. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Shatter is advanced version of teleport... Try using Orb's second attack..

@EmeraldLynx don't know about Whirlwind since I haven't focused on my warrior yet, but for mage, the secondary attacks (Twister/Storm/Meteor/Orb) stays the same, and it only affect the primary attacks (barrage/comet/blast/pierce)..

12. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    #772 Eidaven, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Is it possible to have luck too high? It may just be a coincidence but it seems like the further I go and the higher my luck gets I've actually been getting fewer Legendaries. I don't think I've seen a single Legend drop in the last 20 floors ( 80-100) besides that one that got stuck in the wall. Not getting any drops is kind of making me lose interest a little bit. I have my luck up to 385%

Edit- I was trying to post a picture but the TA app is stupid. For being an iOS only website you'd think they'd invest a bit into updating their app more often.

13. Attack speed increases how many times your whirlwind hits each time it reaches a breakpoint. I'll update what those break points are in a bit.

14. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Really?? Thanks for the heads up!! I haven't noticed it...

@eidaven, my luk is 330 and I found legends regularly per 2 floor.. My warrior luk is 500 though..

15. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #775 ruggedland, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Are we having server issue again? I have not been able to upload anything the last two days no matter how many times I try. Download still works occasionally.

16. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I was able to do it last night. I had to try about 10 times before it would work though. Try turning airplane on and off and then try it again. That has seemed to work for me a couple times. It may just be a coincidence though.

17. EmeraldLynx

EmeraldLynx Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012

Okay awesome. Seems like the axe and a horn or a totem is the way to go for a warrior. I am hoping to find a good hammer or throwing axe and see if it's any better, but nothing has topped the Axe's whirlwind for me yet.

Don't see a lot of talk about the warrior, mostly just the Mage. I was using my Mage as a hire, but decided I wanted to start from scratch without hiring.

18. We're actively working on our server issues by taking our entire system and moving it to a new server system. Since it will also require a client change, we are holding the next patch back a few days till this is complete.

So new patch will contain challenge maps, new leaderboards, Game Center leaderboards for iOS, bug and balance fixes, and hopefully a much better account connection.

19. Rennerd

Rennerd Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Fantastic game. Graphics are great, lots of explosions. At level 15 as a wizard, and haven't faced any difficulty yet...

20. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Make sure you bump it all the way up to power level 8 in the top right corner after you hit dungeon crawl but before play.