Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Nope, that is what ashakic recored used for.. The skulls will turn into a "Spirit Mage" that attack with projectiles instead of a normal "Spirit" that attack with melee.. The normal summon is still a normal "Spirit" though, so you need a Reclaim ability to get the skulls to show up and transform to "Spirit Mage"

2. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Thanks for the tip. I picked up Isis with Reclaim and also equipped a hat with Legion. I can now summon 14 spirits. Plus with the edition of the reclaim the spirit mages put my numbers to 20+. I'm on floor 84 power level 8 and I'm mowing everything down with a small army. It's awesome!

Attached Files:

3. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    Screenshot

Attached Files:

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    So far I can't see any skill better than comet. The meteor isn't even needed, just comet and it seems like it hits the whole screen. I know people favor the blast/twister, but while twister is ok, it has a cooldown and the blast is terrible. How is comet not the obvious best skill?

5. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    My personal favorite are twister combined with reduced CD.. It will make your next twister comes right after the previous one after pulling the enemy.. Besides, with twister, I easily deals 2million damage while with comet i just deal about 100k damage..

6. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    I guess it just depends on how you have your gear setup. I have a pretty decent Legendary staff and the blast radius is very small and the crit damage is weak. It takes forever to kill anything. On the other hand I have an epic gauntlet that does tons of crit damage with the twister. Plus it has the added advantage of sucking everything nearby into itself. The fact that the cool down is long doesn't really matter because the enemy is usually stuck longer than the cool down time anyways. I am able to agro several rooms worth of enemies, control them and kill them very effectively with the twister.

I guess it just depends on how you like to play too.

Attached Files:

7. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    This is the staff I was referring to.

Attached Files:

8. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #748 AzeTheGreat, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    And then there's me...all alone in thinking Storm is superior...
    (Although I do agree that Twister wind against anything with a lot of health, I just switch frequently)

Edit: Just wanted to say, the music in this game is absolutely fantastic, but could it please continue on loading screens? The lack of transition is so jarring...

9. IISMDII

IISMDII New Member

Nov 8, 2013
    I use ashakic Records with Reclaim from an amulet and Legion from hat. Have around 14-20 minions to deal all the damage. Then i count on ice-Barrage for mob-control and to give the minions Time to Strike. The Rest of my equip is focused on mana-Leech. Heavily concentrating on summoning and Loving it.
    I am at lvl 50 so far and having no Problems with difficulty 8

10. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    I'm level 97 at floor 200 power 8.. Ignis is dead after 4-5 twister summon ;)

11. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I have yet to find a good blast weapon to play with twister. Been waiting on one to pop up. I am currently destroying everything with comet still. Gear is already set more for damage, crit and luck so whenever I get a twister weapon worth using it should make for a relatively easy jump to test it out.

12. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    This is why it would be nice to trade items. I have a few goods ones. No Legendaries unfortunately though. I'm still trying to find one. I keep picking up Broadway swords. I think I have 5 of them now...

13. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Much more difficult challenge maps are on the way :)

14. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    That's crazy! Do you have a warrior too? I feel like I play a lot but I'm only up to floor 90 or so... I need to catch up to some of you guys!

15. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    #755 Eidaven, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    My first Legend shield drop and I can't pick it up because my imp decided to drop it in a freaking wall... Really?! That sucks... I think you guys need to add a magnetic feature on items. That would probably solve this problem.

By the way I'm a little upset if you can't tell...

Edit- Or maybe have the hound pick up weapons too since pets can go through walls for some reason...

Attached Files:

16. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ouch. I've had that happen several times, it really sucks. Hopefully they just add a check to keep items out of walls. And, on that note, forcing pets and summons to stay on the path would be aesthetically pleasing.

17. We'll be trying to come up with a more permanent solution for this soon, sorry that happened :(

18. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    @ evidaven, good thing that only happen to non legend equipment for me :)
    I have a warrior too, but haven't focused on him yet.. Got a built for him that comes in mind but still haven't explored it..

19. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    #759 Eidaven, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Cool. Yeah. I haven't really focused on my warrior much either. I have been hiring him almost 100% of the time though. I figured while in playing with my Wizard I may as well level my warrior up too. I have him up to level 54 now and he holds his own pretty well on power level 8 floor 90+. I've suited him up with some pretty good gear which helps too. He's a tank.

20. CptMurdock

CptMurdock Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Found this and have been playing with twister a bit. Seems like my overall damage decreased a little but tornado is very helpful as a form of CC at least. image.jpg