Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
  2. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Is it supposed to run on iPhone 4, because I'm having no luck?

3. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    FML definetly no iPod 4 supp then

4. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I love the idea of a Diablo experience on my iPad, and I'm ecstatic that the IAPs are persistent rather than consumable. If it meets expectations, I could see throwing $5-$10 at it, which is what I am willing to play for a polished premium game.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #45 L.Lawliet, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    The requirement is quite low surprisingly at 5.1.1 so it should run on ip4 variations. I know my old jailbroken ip4 is at 6.1 firmware or something like that.

Btw, I'm totally addicted to this game. Funny because there's no dialogue or story whatsoever yet I'm having so much fun. The many item variations are amazing. Just finding an element on an item will change the look of the attacks. I have a sprint that electrocutes the ground as I run (when activated). Which also brings me to another point that there are quite a few different types of weapons. Shields can be replaced with offhand weapons like hatchets, totems, and horns. Each does a different skill. The wizard has different types of offhands as well like a teleport orb. I also think the wizard is ridiculously strong with long range attacks and teleportation.

Personally, I think people should start at difficulty 4-5 for a "normal mode" and 5-6 for a "hard" mode. Above that are variations of hard. Anything 3 and below are way too easy you'll never die.

I personally use the hammer because it feels strong (has a big hit sound), has the coolest secondary skill, and makes the game harder. I've been easing my way through with axes and swords because they hit so fast. However downside is they feel really weak because the slice sound is so light. Hammer ftw.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Yeah, im glad i downloaded this too despite the freemium model.

It scratches that looting itch that is almost too rare on iOS.

Im enjoying the Lance for the Warrior. Sometimes it's difficult to aim, but it has the special attack that gives you more freedom.

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Only had two quick goes on break at work hopefully I'll get more time with it soon. The stash is very expensive, anyone tried the pets yet?

I'll definitely have to turn the difficulty up mine was automatically on 1 which is very easy.

8. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    Doesn't run on iPod 4...

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #49 ste86uk, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    Never mind it says on their forums what the pets do and the next class is going to be rogue.

So pets are:

Hounds - The Hound helps you find hidden gold piles and picks up all dropped gold piles for you.

Fairy - The Fairy heals you the same amount as a potion when your health drops below 50%"

Imp - The Imp steals normal items and items below your loot pick up threshold ( in options ). After collecting 5, he gives you a rare item in return.

10. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    It runs silky smooth on mine. What is wrong with it? Crashing?

11. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    The tomahawk is so overpowered... :D

12. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I'm quite impressed. I've been waiting for a game like this. Visuals aren't so hot but it's a heap of fun! Would I be wrong to say diablo-esque ish? Lol loving it!

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Ahh so new heroes are coming slowly? Darn? Well I guess you only really need 2 slots then. I want that character in the trailer who looks like Imperius.. unless that's just armor you can get. Lots of different armor in this game btw!

Oh does anyone know how the secondary attack skills work? I figured out the main weapon's secondary attack is the 2nd button that unlocks later. The off-hand weapon also has a secondary attack so I'm assuming that's the 3rd button that will unlock? I'm at level 18 though so I guess I'll find out soon..

I agree. A Dungeon Quest 2 with super polished graphics would be a killer!

14. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Well after playing the game I must say I hate it.

It uses the typical model that various iOS games use when it comes to graphics. I am not keen on those polygonal models (or whatever they're called). Also, there is no strategy when fighting, just shoot and repeat. The only thing I liked about it was the loot galore.

I have been spoiled by the greatness of CrimsonHeart. I guess no iOS ARPG will ever be that good in my opinion.

15. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Black screen on opening and then crash.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    As far as strategy goes, im pretty sure you havent met any boss yet. And, you're playing at enemy rank 1 i presume. You start creating bottleneck strategies, hit n runs, poke n dodge and herding tricks when enemies dont die in a hit or two.

The bosses have attack patterns that need to be avoided, which forces you to learn them first before going in and juking it out fist-to-fist. Of course, in rank1 even bosses are pushovers especially when you have a significant amount of lifesteal.

It's awesome with how the primary and secondary weapon types vary from each other encouraging different approaches to defeat enemies.

Contrary to what you are saying, i have to say this is one of the more deep type of hack n slash when it comes to hitting things.

17. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Why this game is so easy? It must be for kids

18. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Go to the main menu, then dungeon crawl, then crank the enemy power up to AT LEAST 3. Or more. That should help some.

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I think the developer should've defaulted to difficulty 3 at least. At 3-4 you'll start having to use strategies. Anything below and you're button mashing.

Btw, this game is not comparable to CrimsonHeart which I love. This is not a KRPG. No story, no towns, etc. This is dungeon crawler / diablo type game. They aren't supposed to play the same.

20. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    When I read that guys review, I almost dismissed this game completely. But when I saw yours, I decided that I'm now going to give it a shot; as I obviously will take your word for it pal. This is why it's good to know the people on the forums who know quality from crap!