Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Where are all the legendary items? I have a level 40 Mage and have only seen a total of 5 legendaries. Is there something I can do to increase my chances to get them?

2. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Equip weapons with +luck? The legendaries comes late in game though, but not that rare in early game..

3. cadence1982

cadence1982 New Member

Apr 19, 2014
    just downloading now! excited about this one!

4. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #564 AzeTheGreat, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    I'm about 45 and I've got 8. Compared to most games, its fairly generous. It helps if you get some luck on, and an imp can help process lower level items into legendaries; I think I've gotten at least two from mine.

5. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Amazing update as now cloud saves work and I can play this at home on my Nvidia shield (with proper controls) while I play this on the go on my 5s. Also amazing how I don't have to buy IAP on the Android version since I already bought on iOS.

Easily the best loot-fest since Torchlight, and right now even topping that game.

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, any updates on the new char? Wanna know the latest progress on that female rogue class.

7. gamesin

gamesin Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Kor
    looks pretty

8. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Great game! One of the best dungeon crawlers in the app store.

I have a few questions about the items though.

What does leveling up a pet do?

How come some stats on items are in brownish red colour? Things like 0.50% MP leech.

What does collected and found mean for legendaries? I have found 3, collected 8 and when I look at the legendary book, I have 7.

Does equipping a full set of legendaries give you some additional stats?

9. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Leveling up your pets grants that pet more affixes. So you might find a "blue" imp and as you level that pet up you will see that they will gain more buffs for your character.

Those stats indicate the type of affix Some affixes are considered "epic" or "legendary".

The LegendEX (the book) has a bug that we are looking into right now. It is intended to track the number of legendary items you have found in the game.

Yes, some legendary sets do give you a buff when you have a certain number equipped. If you go into your inventory, tap on the item, then tap on that items detail window (it will be the window with the magnifying glass) you will get even more item information. This will tell you the various set equip bonuses you can get.

10. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Thanks for anwsering these questions.

For the epic/legendary stats, are they suppose to be much better than normal ones? I have a normal +0.60% MP leech but my epic one has a +0.50% MP leech.

11. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Their potential is higher. So if you chose to reroll the item, you have a chance of getting a number not capable from the non-epic affix

12. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Also, I believe that if you reroll them, the Epic stats will stay the same (for example: it could go from .5 crit damage to .6 crit damage), while others can change (crit to damage).

13. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    can't believe i spent over $100 buying gold trying to get the best stats for my gear lol great way o support the devs though haha loving the game though. this and iootp 14 are draining my phone

14. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    . . .

15. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    So, um, what would you like the legendary piece named after you to look like!? :eek:

16. keroppikai

keroppikai Member

May 27, 2012
    Male
    English as a Second Language Teacher
    Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
    scrooge mcduck's walking cane...allows the user to rain golden dollar signs as an aoe attack and creates a pool of greenbacks to drown them in :p i'm pretty bad rolling affixs. they all got to be decent, otherwise i'll reroll. at 300000gp a roll, money disappears pretty fast.:mad:

17. Speaking of, we have a Legend Design thread that we look to from time to time when we get to making new Legends. :)

We'll be making a whole collection of Rogue Legends ( and possibly pet legends ) soon, so if you're interested, here's the thread!

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
  19. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #579 ruggedland, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Got this very interesting legendary robe for wizard, Crimson Battlegear. It grants a wizard whirlwind and charge ability, two stables of the warrior arsenal, at the same time a substantial dmg buff. Was able to build a wizard with over 800K DPS and clear up pwr 8 floors easily.

[​IMG]

20. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Why oh why oh why oh why do all of the fire slimes resist ice? It slows me down so much...(and ice used against them still pops up as effective, not resist).