Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Sorry if I frightened you a bit, but these are Apple's words, not mine. ;)

Quote:
    iOS games that support controllers must support the standard control layout. You may not require the use of the extended control layout in an iOS game, although you may support it if it is available. When the game is played using a standard controller, you must provide some other way to access those game actions. For example, because all standard controllers are guaranteed to be formfitting, you might use the motion sensors to provide movement information.

Taken from this guideline:
    https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/ServicesDiscovery/Conceptual/GameControllerPG/IncorporatingControllersintoYourDesign/IncorporatingControllersintoYourDesign.html

2. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that as well! During the submission process you chose the controllers you support so that they are explicitly tested (I believe). Either way the next patch incorporates "dpad" support so it will work with the clam shell as well!

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    So I finally got the upload to work. Playing on my ipad, decided to retire my lvl 50 warrior & start a wizard. I'm LOVING it! Steam rolling everything with the wiz, it's so much fun.

4. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    I am absolutely loving this game. This is the best game I have ever played on the App Store and the emphasis on loot hunting/powering up found loot to become stronger and develop a wide variety of builds is a great game mechanic!! This game also does IAP right! This game has definitely satisfied the void in me for a good RPG on the iOS App Store!

My wizard is currently level 76, and I am running with gauntlet/tome. Put emphasis on crit chance/crit damage/ mp and hp leach. I can also summon 14 spirits as of right now to assist me in battle! Great job to the developers of this game, you obviously put a lot of thought and love into this game and know how to do an action RPG the right way! I am having more fun with this game than with Diablo 3. I actually have stopped playing Diablo 3 even after purchasing the expansion currently and have only been playing this!

5. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Thanks, Shiny, but I decided to start a new game now that I have a better handle on the game...... I like this game a lot, and I like the way IAP is handled here. So much so, that I will actually buy some this time.

6. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #546 Papa Deuce, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Btw, what would be cool is a guide for this game..... Old guys like me have a hard time thinking outside the box enough...... I'm almost 52..... Do I get an award for being the oldest player?

;)

7. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    now my twister deals a freakin' ~900k on enemy with poison weakness.. I'm still level 80, but my equipments are level 100.. btw, the dps leaderboard is crazy! i thought the most dps are nearly below 10m...

8. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wow...whats your crit chance and damage at? Thats insane. Have you noticed that the twister seems to have a limited number of attacks per second? Case for me it seems to regularly underperform in crowds, and this is the only explanation I can think of. Also, what's your gear like? And do you by chance know the max level?

9. Thank you, that means a lot to us :)

Our guide section in our forum has a few great guides: Guide Forums

Depending on your class I may have a few good ideas for you as well :)

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I'm topping at 75k at level 56, so your damage at 900k is a huge exponential curve!

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I agree, since they fixed the upload issue I have no problem spending money on this. I can only imagine if their was like 5 classes in this I mean wow.

12. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Is the DQ account at all connected to my Apple account? I ask because my family shares one account.

13. Nope, the account is just tied to your email.

14. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Awesome, thanks.

15. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Anyone know when talents start showing up on items? Around what ilvl?

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Sorry not to be more specific, but pretty darn early.

17. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I seriously cannot imagine building an ideal item through enchanting. I used the guide from that website. I have 633% luck...and on 1000 attemps, I got epic affixes at a rate of about 12%. And it seemed like roughly 2/3 of those were unwanted (skills from unused weapons, resistances to specific elements, luck/gf, regen).

Even if I'm generous, I'm getting useful affixes 1 in every 20 attempts or so. I'm going to write off the added benefits of enchant removal (and retry) and the added consequence of enchantment fail rate because it's too much math for my trouble. But at a 5% rate, you're getting 3 useful affixes consecutively at a 1 in 8000 rate...4 at a 1 in 160000 rate. And I imagine that rate dips when you introduce talents (which ilvl 1 items don't account for) and your needs narrow (you really don't need that much leach, for instance).

In 1000 attempts, I didn't get more than 2 consecutive useful epic affixes. I think I'm ready to just deal with legends and hope for useful random affixes.

18. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Hahaha the guide did say you would put in loads and loads of hours trying to get the stats you want - remember, the android guys have been playing the game since last year. I didn't even last 2 hours before deciding the method just wasn't worth my time.

And for the naysayers, it is possible to hit the 5m+ DPS range on either class legit. Just need a bit of gold, and a whole lot of patience and luck (both ingame and irl).

19. mw1

mw1 Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Are there any plans at all for multiplayer? Personally I think co-op over Bluetooth or local wifi would be amazing.

20. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Thank you for listening! Now I know I can finally sleep at night. :D