Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    #521 cdkilgore21, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Still can't sign in. Been trying for over thirty minutes...I'll keep it up though..

Edit: Here's what made it work almost instantly for me; while still in the DQ app, I slid up to bring up the control panel and turned my wifi off then back on. After waiting a second for it to reconnect, I tried again and it signed me in without a hitch.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Any word on monk class?

3. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Will this game support the Logitech Powershell controller? AFAIK it is against Apple's guidelines to not support controllers with the basic layout.

4. darkteletubbie

Feb 13, 2011
    I wish there was a better explanation of what hire scrolls are, may increase purchases if people knew what they where getting. Also having a follower isn't something that jumps out as being an obvious choice, but increases the fun a lot.

5. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Upload from iPhone working now ;) now just to check ipad and see if it lets me log in and download from the server

6. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    To celebrate the update. I bought a second slot :)

7. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Wow, what a pain but thanks, that did the trick. I then had to attempt the upload a couple times before it worked.

8. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    oh man i bought the 3rd slot thinking this was the rogue update already

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    LOL well at least you have it for when it gets released in 2 months :cool:

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just got the update. Still can't upload / download to account. *sigh

Don't you guys want my money ? :p

11. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    Downloaded the update and I had no problem uploading my data.

I am noticing something weird though and I don't know if anyone else is having this issue. When I go into my inventory and tap an item to pull up it's stats (don't equip it) and I then return back to the game the screen flashes red like I am dying and my health is almost completely diminished. Very weird....

12. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Didn't you see? It costs HP to sync. :p

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #533 Cilo, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    The word is the bird is the word.

14. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    Guess I should have read the fine print ;).

15. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

I have seen that bug in the past but I thought that we resolved it! I will put it back in the bug db and try to reproduce it on our end. Thank you for the heads up!

16. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    is that a definite date?

This happens to me too. It seems checking item stats lowers your health to critical levels. I guess it's not really an issue since I check on gear after the floor is cleared. But yeah, very weird.

Another bug I noticed is how Twister doesn't shoot out exactly where you aim it. It curves off like 45 degrees.

17. Shiny Box LLC

Currently we do not support the power shell controller, and after checking through the documentation on the apple end (you have me worried for a minute!) they don't call out having to specifically support the basic layout. We do support the MOGA as well as the Bluetooth Steel Series controller. I also hear that we support various other blue tooth controllers that you can pair using 3rd party software, but I have not verified those here at SBHQ.

18. Shiny Box LLC

Part one of our server fix has been completed (which was getting out that iOS patch). We are still moving toward a server migration as well that will clear up some of the congestion you are seeing. It will work, it just may take a few tries at the moment.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and support, you all have been awesome!

19. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Finally the upload is working! Thanks dev :)

Leaderboard is working but the legend leaderboard is not working for me. I have 10+ of it but it still show 0 for me.

But it's not that impt but do check it out. Thanks

20. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I just successfully synced from my iPad 4 to my iPhone 4S. Yay! Like some others experienced, the first time I hit upload, I got a Connection Error message after waiting a bit. I simply hit Upload again and it worked the second time. Downloading to the iPhone worked the first time.