Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I wish they put a notice about this. I don't like people thinking it's a "kid's game" because they didn't know about difficulty levels. Not exactly obvious..

2. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Yeah.... I stopped and really looked at the game..... Far more depth than I thought. And some actual challenge now.

The devs made a great game here.

3. JWONGHF

JWONGHF Member

Oct 9, 2013
    #483 JWONGHF, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Huge fan for this game

i collected 90 different types of legends since the release of the game on iOS.

just cant stop playing.

maxed levelled both my warrior and wizard. leaving the last slot for the upcoming rogue.

for those who said using gauntlet and bracer is the best build for wizard. I beg to differ. bracer and gauntlet has too little damage output and takes too much time to clear power8 dungeons.

My current build is having a sword ( ragnarok ) and bracer (spellbinder). ring (dream walker) and amulet ( will of force)

making use of orb, twister and torrent proc. everything i do can cast orbs twisters and torrent. the trick of this is by casting twisters to gather all the mobs to one place and orbs travelling in the twister to clear those mobs.

orb has much better dps than twister . now i am clearing power 8 dungeons like a walk in the park

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm only in the high 30s

5. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Hold up...are you saying there's a way to somehow get multiple primary abilities?

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I found it very hard to follow, all I read was orb, twister, orb, twister.

7. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #487 houseofg, Apr 17, 2014
    Oh good, it wasn't just me! I was trying to wrap my mind around that one. Maybe he's awesome at switching gear on the fly?!

8. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Certain items have the ability to turn your regular attacks into orbs, twisters, or storms. But the probability is low (<10%) even for high level legendaries, so it may be hard to cast a twister if you really need one say for CC purpose. I haven't tried sword that much (my other fav combo is staff + tome). May explore some other builds to see how they compare.

9. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    [​IMG]

This is an example of the kind of item that has a proc on it. Every attack/spell cast has the chance to proc (even summoning a skull/spirit can cause procs). It is possible stack a few different proc items and thus cast orb/twister/storm even without using the correct weapon type.

10. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Thats awesome. Super exploity builds commence.

11. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    What does "proc" mean? Is it short for something? From the context it seems to mean something similar to a buff. Is that correct?

12. EmeraldLynx

EmeraldLynx Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    I guess I'm in the minority for playing the Warrior. My favorite combo right now is the Horn and Axe. But I got lucky with a legendary sword and shield so I've been using that. The Totem is amazing with just about everything as well. Bunching up enemies means I can steal as much hp and mp as I want.

Fantastic game. I see myself playing this for a long time.

13. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    #493 AzeTheGreat, Apr 17, 2014
    Proc refers to any random occurrence in game conferring an effect.
    Nobody's really sure of its origin or meaning, but there are some common explanations:
    Programed Random OCurrence.
    PROCess
    PROCedure
    Google will go more in depth if you want to know more.

So yes, in this case, it refers to the random activation of abilities. You could also say that attacking an enemy procs HP steal. Basically an event triggered by something that may or may not have a chance of occurring.

14. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thanks a lot for the explanation.

15. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    the probability for the procs are too low.. and I'm not sacrificing my crit damage 240% for that.. at level ~70, my twister deals ~200k per hit so.. maybe I'll focus on getting +damage % more..

16. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Just got Legendary Armor and Axe. Woo! Been using Axe more as I can get constant Health Leeching. Did all of Act 9-12 (Rare Campaign) on Power 8 this way. Spam Sprint, Torrent, and use Normal attack and you got yourself pure health back DPS.

I'll get some pics for proof in a bit, but the lengendaries are the Eternal Cuirass and Fate's Travesty.

17. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #497 lordyokomoto, Apr 17, 2014
    Hmm account still won't unload to server grrrr anyone else still having this problem
    Even worse the sign in ain't working again...great game being let down by basic issues :(((

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    They have a update in to apple and are waiting on the approval.

19. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I screwed something up for sure..... I was getting 10k dps, with an enchanted level 3 epic sword....... I switched to a level 11 epic hammer which showed 200 more dps, so I switched.... Now my dps is at 3000.

20. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    Are there different elements or enchants that would affect one over the other?