Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy cow this has over 400 posts already. I guess I gotta give this a download...

2. It's probably something to do with the item affixes, if you post a screen shot I can help you figure out where the boost in DPS is coming from. Also you might be getting bonus related boosts to certain elements.

1) Reroll ranged is based on the item level. The max range on a normal affix can be is 1-100, which you can get when the item level is 100. When it's an Epic Affix ( orange ) this range goes from 100-200.

2) They are not calculated on the weapon DPS, but are factored in your stats sheet total DPS. They are calculated after gear and talents but before set items bonuses.

3) We have a pretty good list over at our forums here: http://www.shinyboxgames.com/NewSite/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=497

Nope! They all do their job equally as well. The rarity is just a reflection of how many affixes they have.

3. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Oh, I see now. It just does the damage faster in a smaller interval so it makes dps higher. Under constant fire it doesn't matter. Looking at the various abilities in more detail, Storm seems unmatched by any others; 1200% weapon damage is insane. Does this conform to everyone elses experiences?

4. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Definitely my favorite primary weapon ability, but the default attack is the worst when it comes to dungeon crawling imo - I only use the wand when fighting bosses.

That being said, I hope they implement a feature where you can have 2 sets of equipment that you can switch in between battles with a simple swipe or hotkey. It'll make changing elements/skills/etc much more convenient and have overall smoother gameplay.

5. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    IMO, twister is more powerful.. With 110% crit damage, twister produces ~50k, while storm only produces ~20k..

6. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    #446 AzeTheGreat, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    I wonder if thats just because it does damage in larger chunks, so crits help it a lot more. I'm curious as to how you're measuring damage though? Just the largest crit number you see? Or do you have some method to add it all up?

Edit: And I strongly agree with the quick switch suggestion. I hate fiddling around in my inventory every time something with resistance pops up.

7. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Just the number of crits i see.. The dps on the stats don't count the crits and the special attack of a weapon so..

8. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    I see. So the Twister probably deals damage faster, while Storm does more over a longer period. Those are probably the only two skills that are even decent, every other one has seemed majorly inferior to me (Particularly the Sword one, which is just a smaller twister with no sucking capabilities...).

9. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #449 chaos_envoys, Apr 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

Two weapon I used, with the legendary wand with higher DPS

[​IMG]

Twister damage

[​IMG]

Twister damage

[​IMG]

Storm damage

[​IMG]

My stat when equipping gauntlet.

[​IMG]

My stat when equipping Livid wand.. Crazy DPS, but I liked gauntlets more..

10. AzeTheGreat

Apr 15, 2014
    #450 AzeTheGreat, Apr 16, 2014
    Strange, when I use Twister I get way fewer crits than with Storm, which makes me think Storm attacks much faster. So even though the crits are twice as strong, I deal more damage faster with Storm because I'm getting 10x as many crits.

Edit: Just picked up a better twister weapon and it seems very effective, especially again bosses and tougher enemies. However, some enemies seem to emerge unscathed if I cast it too close or at an angle, which greatly reduces its crowd effectiveness.

11. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #451 chaos_envoys, Apr 16, 2014
    With crit chance more than 35%, almost all your attack are crit so i don't pay attention to normal damage anymore :p twister drags enemy away from us too (except bosses)..

12. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Yeah. You're missing out. This game is pretty epic.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Found a small bug, check out the screenshot here. You see that hat and armor drop stacked into the wall? Well neither I nor my imp can get it because there are times when chests are placed too close to walls and loot ends up flying up and sticking between the wall, and the other side. I've had to pass up quite a few items due to this.

IMG_5054.jpg

14. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Stilll loving this game, but man, you guys are absolutely insane with your min-max builds and DPS ratings.

I have a level 42 wizard and level 37 warrior. My wizard DPS is only like 18k at most, but I'm having a lot of fun plowing through difficulty 8 floors (currently on floor 37).

This has got to be probably one of, if not the, best Diablo clones I have ever played. Pretty crazy to think that I experienced this first on my CELL PHONE.

15. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #455 chaos_envoys, Apr 16, 2014
    My build is a pure glasscannon so many of the bosses can easily 2HKO me.. Just striving for the strongest DPS :p anyone mind sharing his/her best damage dealt and level? Mine is 100K level 47 wizard..

Edit: my bad, i mean Damage dealt, not dps..

16. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    This game is just pure win.

One thing I would love to see is a merchant buy-back screen. I was trying on different robes looking at Stat effects and accidentally sold mine. Fail!

17. chaos_envoys

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    There is locking system for that.. Locking your items will ask you if you really want to sell your locked items or not ;)

18. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    +1!! I've accidentally sold several items due to not being clear which item was selected. I even sold one item I had just spent a bunch on to enchant and reroll. I would definitely like some sort of undo for items I've just sold. Some other games I've played do that by having a buy-back option which allows you to buy back items you've just sold for the selling price, as long as you haven't left the inventory yet, which I guess is what you're referring to.

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    The problem is you have to individually lock each item. That works fine for items that you know in advance are especially important, but I don't think it's really an adequate substitute for a general undo for selling. Personally I think anything which streamlines inventory management is good, and anything which makes inventory management more complicated is bad. One way to minimize accidentally selling things would be to make selling a two-step process where you have to confirm a sale, but I prefer one tap to sell for the above reason. Having an undo option gives the best of both worlds, since it's fast when you don't make mistakes, yet if you make a mistake, as long as you notice it before exiting the inventory screen you can undo it.

20. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    #460 Eidaven, Apr 16, 2014
    So the rarity of the item the imp creates is based on the amount of affixes on the 5 items he is using to create the single item? If so it would be kind of nice to be able to limit what rarity items the imp can pick up. If it could only pick up magic and rare items he could have a higher chance of creating an epic I think. Right?

What does the pets level do? Does it have anything to do with the item creation?