Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Ahhh, I must have gotten lucky so far. :)

2. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Yeah. I've done this a couple times. Maybe just remove the option to enter the portal by pressing the attack button. If you can only enter the portal by tapping the green dialog box it would eliminate the problem.

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I didn't even realize I was doing it via the attack button. I was thinking "how the heck was I mashing buttons so much that I managed to hit the portal button?!"

4. OrochiBebop

OrochiBebop Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Absolutely love this game! Wish it was on my vita I have big hands and the 4s gives me cramps.

Currently running Warrior with Axe and Warhorn - Spin to win n tornadoes everywhere .... Also love Wizard too but idk why War seems more challenging

5. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    I would also like help with this please

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I have my loot pickup set to epic, it seems like sometimes my imp throws something down that I can't pick up, then he grabs it again.

So, does this mean that he is picking up everything, and converting it all...so rare would be 1/5, magic would be 1/25th, and common would be worth 1/125 of an epic item? Or is this just a visual and the items are actually going into the abyss? Thanks in advance for clarifying and if they are all going toward my epic item you are awesome. I appreciate the forethought.

7. lidralyn

lidralyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    He picks up 5 items and makes an item of Rare+ quality...sometimes it is rare, sometimes it is epic, sometimes it is legendary. So if he makes a rare item, he sees it as an item you still do not want so he takes it back. Then you only need 4 more for him to make another item.

8. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    This makes a lot more sense! I thought I had stuff disappearing too. Maybe you should have a better explanation in game that says how this works.

9. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    #429 bilboa, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Actually you don't have to hit the Enter Portal button that appears over the portal. If you just hit your main attack button while over the portal, it also causes you to enter it. This is how I've entered it accidentally a few times. In fact to avoid this I try to remember not to attack anything near the portal until I've completed the rest of a level, so I won't miss out on too much loot if I accidentally enter it. I think just making it so the attack button doesn't cause you to enter the portal would probably fix most of the problem.

EDIT: Oops, just realized Eidaven said the same thing just before me.

10. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Yeah, we need to do a tutorial of some type for the game and we are still talking about how we can do it and not alienate players in the process.

11. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    Maybe you don't even need an in game tutorial. Just an in game library of info that I can look at on my own time. If I'm wondering how something works, like the imp for instance, I can go to a help screen and read a brief description of what he does.

That would also help sell some of your IAP in my opinion. As of right now I only have the Imp. I have no clue what any of the other pets do. If I knew what they did I'd probably be more inclined to buy some of them.

Do you guys have a wiki page that explains anything in more detail?

12. #432 Atrophex, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    No wiki page yet but it's on my to-do list. We have an outdated site at dq.shinyboxgames.com and will eventually revamp that to a full Dungeon Quest wiki-like site.

An in game dictionary is a great idea and is actually on our to-do list for when we expand the collection system to cover more items in game ( only shows the "Legendex" at the moment ).

Also, if you check out the pet shop tab, before you click on anything there's a small info pane to the right that might be a little bit more helpful, but I'm not sure if most players notice that before interacting with Pets.

13. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    As I'm starting to reach the max level of items, I have some questions for those who've been working on min/maxing or those that just happen to know. Hopefully, you can help.

1) in regard to rerolling, does anyone know what sets the parameters of the rerolled stats? For instance, if I reroll a rare ilvl 100 item and a legendary ilvl 100 item in order to maximize a crit %, is it the rarity that sets the min/max I can reroll? In regard to the legendary, is it specific to each item? Or do all items have inherent and hidden min/maxes upon creation?

2) when the affixes giving + damage and + %damage are on an item, are they already calculated onto the listed DPS? Or are they calculated afterwards? If they're calculated afterwards, how do interracting qualifiers work? in what order are they calculated from separate items?

3) is there a list of set bonuses somewhere? Some of their descriptions are in shorthand and difficult to understand.

14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Agreed. I think that's much more in line with a game of this type than a tutorial.

15. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #435 Cilo, Apr 16, 2014
    Send me the points you want to cover and I can create a mock one through video for you.

16. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Does fire cause way more damage or something that would be factored into dps? Because currently my over 1k dps poison wand results in about 11.5k dps displayed in stats. Equiping an 820 dps fire wand bumps that up to over 16k. I can't find any bonuses to fire in my setup that would account for this, so I'm really not sure what's going on...

17. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    1) From what I understand, what increases max paramaters for rerolling are the level, rarity of the item, as well as the rarity of the bonus itself (orange stats are the way to go, a lot of my epics are way better than legendaries)

2) I really would like to know this as well. I really hope it isn't the former

3) Click the magnifying glass on the items to see a more detailed description. I was able to understand most of em, post some that are confusing you and maybe someone here can clear it up

18. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    #438 savvy, Apr 16, 2014
    Guys, Pet info can be easily found here

Just a basic rundown:

Doge: Auto loot gold (even some that's not on screen), also randomly digs up huge piles of gold

Fairy: Auto heals when HP is lower than 50%. Do not rely on this if you are constantly taking damage. It takes a while for the fairy to realize you're dying (if you run away, it will take about 2-3 seconds after hitting below 50% hp before it heals you)

Imp: Loots items that aren't assigned on your default pick up. To set this, go to options, and look at the bottom left. Every 5 loot spawns a random Rare/Epic/Legendary. I notice rare/epics have a much better chance at getting orange skills this way. From my experience, the better the loot, the better the chances of getting legendaries

19. Eidaven

Sep 16, 2012
    You are right. I didn't notice that at all. That is helpful.

So do the imps in the shop have any benefit over a magic imp I found while playing? Do they have a higher chance of making higher tiered items or something?

20. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Fire does way more damage than poison over a smaller amount of time