Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

We hear you loud and clear on the world sets and story.

That is the hardest (takes the most time) for us to complete really. Know that we DO have plans to add some of these items to our game. The world sets for sure are something that is on our radar for release. That will be after our Rogue patch is released.

Thank you for the continued support, the TA community has been incredible to us and we appreciate it, please keep the feedback rolling in!

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I only seen the IAP option to hire? Any suggestions for my wizard being level 40 bringing in a level 3 warrior?

I agree though the game has so much potential and so much that can be done it just depends how well the game does I suppose?

3. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    No IAP needed to hire. One the main menu simply select your normal character in one slot, then on another slot select Hire in the drop down menu. It'll ask you to pay a few thousand gold, and it's good till the hired character dies. It's a great way to level up both characters at the same time and share loot between them as well. I seem to find the battle is more challenging in terms of more enemies when there are two heroes rather than one, maybe others find differently.

I wonder what the highest DPS output each character can have. My level 75 warrior has 230k, and level 80 wizard with 120k.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I seen on their forums someone mentioned a warrior build for 5mil damage and wizard for 3mil I hope that's not true though they should be even shouldn't they?

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So my warrior got pulverised I guess I'll have to go bad and repeat easier levels to level him up first.

Just wondering from the devs does anything change when you hire a character? Is exp split or not mobs ect?

6. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Are items character bound? Or is the stash meant to allow passing items from character to character? I only ask because I passed something to another character. It's ilvl 77. When I try to equip it to my lvl 38 character, It doesn't allow it and says "character must be level 38 to equip."

Just a bug?

7. The exp is split in a fair way between both characters based on the level difference between the two. Two characters that are the same level will be split right down the middle, while a level 99 and level 1 playing together will give mostly all of the experience to the level 99 with the level 1 getting a small fraction.

There's also a 25% bonus to experience when playing with another character and up to 100% increase in enemy health depending on which floor you're on.

8. The stash is how you would transfer items between characters. To equip an item, your character must be at least half the level of the item.

9. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    #389 savvy, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    I know the android version has been out for months, but I believe they're also stuck with equips capped at lv100, so I don't see how reaching even 1m dps is possible atm.

Edit: Think I found the forum where this was mentioned, and the method used is pretty lame, though 'legit'. So I guess these numbers are possible.. but can't be tested right now on iOS

Some items are class specific, but no items atm are bound (since you can unequip/re-equip)

Your character needs to be over half the level of the item. So in this case, it is a visual bug. You should be able to equip it at 39

Hey devs, nothing big, but what are the stat increases for the bonus shrines on every level? I assume its something like a 10-20% increase?

10. FledgeFish

FledgeFish Active Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The game is great some more areas and multiplayer would make it really awesome! It's by far the best dungeon crawler on ios!

11. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Haven't been able to open without crash all day on my iPod 4, I tried turnin it off, hard restarting it, deleting apps, reallocating its ram, can't get past that screen. Any suggestions?

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thank you for your reply, so I do have 2 slots unlocked and probably do the third when the rogue is out but for now I'm happy just playing my Wizard on his own.

It sounds like I'm not really missing out or anything like that by not using the hiring system?

13. Shiny Box LLC

This is an ipod touch 4th gen right?
    Does this describe what is happening to you when you open the game:
    1) Click on the dungeon quest icon
    2) See the shinybox logo
    3) Crash?

Am I missing anything?

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just to point out the question above on this page from me again and to also ask how any of you afford to re roll legendaries? It costs 200k just to re roll and it might not even be the stats you want I'm guessing?

15. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    The main stats of the legendary item stay the same afaik. Or I could have gotten lucky to keep the orange stats when I rerolled Judgement...

16. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    You have it all

17. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    I have one level 62 character and a level 41. I have about 2.5m sitting in the bank plus another 1.5/2m I've spent. Run around, ID and sell everything. Repeat.

18. Shiny Box LLC

Ok thanks! I will try to reproduce this on our end.

19. AzeTheGreat

AzeTheGreat Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    So are there any good wizard builds I should start looking at? Only level 25 right now, but I'm interested in seeing where I can go. Currently I'm just using summons as meat shields while I spam the Barrage skill at clusters of enemies. Game seems easy enough right now, even on Power 8. Also, where should I be putting my money? I don't seem to have much to do with the 50k I've got.

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Guessing the cash keeps getting better then because at the moment it couldn't dream of millions at only level 42 but it is starting to get higher and higher as I go along. Earning 100k or so doesn't take that long now.