Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I thought they would gain new abilities as they level, but they don't. The stats they have only increase in value. They drop with higher stats and value just like gear though, as I went from having a blue normal fairy with 2 stats, to picking up a yellow rare imp with four stats. Pets drop on occasion without having to purchase anything. I have 1 equipped and 4 in my stash all from in game drops.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I had a rare fairy for my first and she does seem to have picked up a new skill while leveling up as suddenly I checked in to see she had 18.1% resist all which she never use to have.

I have a fair few pets in my inventory now but don't want to swap as I don't know who to level up and what skills they may get.

Just spent the last 6 hours straight playing and watching tv at the same time and didn't get bored at all, also go two new legendary weapons.

3. !!!nada!!!

!!!nada!!! Active Member

May 29, 2012
    Whats the death situation here? A few things have almost made me think there are limited lives. Also, what are the hire scrolls?

4. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wow, just played this for the first time since I downloaded it on day one. This is a pretty cool dungeon crawler, and for free? I'm impressed. The ads are not at all annoying, and so far I see no real need to purchase iap. Does this stay true throughout the game? I've only played for about a half hour-45 minutes.

5. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    They do gain new abilities as they go up in ilvl. But it seems to be somewhat random.

6. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    #346 savvy, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Pets can learn new skills, and at the same time level in rarity

Problem is you have no idea what level they gain skills, or what their limits are. I've leveled up around 15 pets, all with different results. Some pets have 5-6 skills by lv 40-50, while I have a few lv 70 pets still stuck with 4 skills

Pay with in game gold to revive on the spot, or you have an option to restart (everything is reset), in case you cant clear the floor / pay up

First 100 floors, revive fee = level x 100 gold
    Last 100 floors, revive fee = level x 1000 gold

Elite mobs will easily one shot you with some of their skills (very common with the ones guarding the portal), so pay attention to your surroundings. These one shot kills are usually 'time bombs' that are placed near you, and are hard to see since everything on screen is spamming something.

Hire scrolls are used to bring in one of your other characters (controlled by AI) so you can do a 2 man run. You can also hire them with in game gold

Hire fee = level x 100 gold

An ad popped out one time in the middle of battle, and it didn't pause the game so I died. This happened only once and I must have gotten past the first 50 floors before it happened.

If you were to buy any IAP, I would highly advise to purchase a character slot for release of future classes. This game is definitely worth spending a few bucks on though, I'm just saving mine for the next wave of vanity items :D

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If you're getting so much fun out of it it would be good to buy just one IAP to say 'thanks' to the dev. Then in the future we may get a sequel or more updates etc. If none of us bought an IAP then this game would eventually just disappear due to lack of profits.

Its a great game, think we should support it specially if you've played it a lot. I havent come across any 'paywalls' at all which is great for a freemium title

8. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    This is the first game I've played that has nailed freemium. Dungeon Quest should be taught in F2P design class.

Question for ShinyBox: I'll be playing this on my Nvidia Shield (android) when you guys fix the cloud save server issues. Will I need to buy IAP again on the android version (to get rid of ads) if I already bought IAP on the iOS version?

I'm fine double-dipping as this game is just phenomenal -- literally my favorite dungeon crawler since Torchlight (note: didn't have a ton of fun with Diablo 3).

Now on floor 30 something and just wrecking difficulty 8 fools with my Minions conjure build. I can summon 9 spirits now, and I've been stacking dominion bonuses (like extra damage/health for spirits), etc. Then I've got my warrior AI tank who's currently doing 37.5k DPS, and then each of these guys has a pet (imp and fairy). 13 unit party crawl. :)

Fantastic game!

9. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    @devs; I had to restart my whole game by deleting the game and reinstalling because I couldn't pick up any more items (no imp as a pet, and yes I had space in my pack) soooo yeah fix that bug please bc I lost iap because of this aswell

10. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Can you not hit the restore purchases button on the splash screen?

11. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    I spent $5 this weekend on this just because I like this so much, got 300k gold, the demonic imp and another character slot. I will be throwing more at the devs too for some vanity stuff too later. I am loving every minute of this game, once the devs get the server issues fixed and I can send my chars back and forth to my ipad I don't think I will be playing many other games. This should be on Vita as well since you have the buttons mapped. Then I would have 3 devices to kill batteries on daily.

12. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    #352 chaos_envoys, Apr 14, 2014
    Anyone can connect to the leaderboards? I always get leaderboard error when accessing it..

13. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Yes, but not the iap gold and pets I purchased

14. hbernritter

Jul 15, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    The gold I understand and hopefully they can fix that for you but the pet should come back, might be a glitch there.

15. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Just got the L head revenge. It's pretty darn nice! It has an ability that makes all mana skill use health instead. Which is pretty neat. Don't need a mana pool anymore :)

Also... If you have low level L items, is it worth rerollong stats for 200k?

16. mw1

mw1 Active Member

Aug 30, 2013
    Any online/local multiplayer in the works? Me and a friend are enjoying this so much playing on our own devices at the same time (well that didn't quite come out right...) but we were wondering if we could co-op instead!

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Will the imps collect magic items to give you a rare trade, if you change the pick up option to rare?

Great to know what respeccing the item does...does it just redo the damage roll or everything?

Devs: it would be nice tab able to specifically disenchant the element on an item. Or is the best way just to respec, if that would do it?

Gotta say I am not usually into these games but all the different weapons and skills, managing the equipment I use for element effectiveness, gives it more depth. any plans for higher level skills at level 50 or 75?

18. GoleX

GoleX Member

May 10, 2012
    Pets are considered consumables just like gold.

Once the account system is fixed and you can upload your character, send an email to [email protected] with your account email & character name and we'll replace what you lost that way.

Thanks!
    - Ryan ([email protected])

19. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

This is a known issue. We have several fixes on the way for this. The first is a new build that we submitted to Apple early Sunday morning. Fingers crossed it should be ready to go this week!

Sorry for the delay.

20. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

#360 Shiny Box LLC, Apr 14, 2014
    Hmmm if you are using a hireling (another character you brought along with you) make sure their inventory is not full as well. You can check this in game by tapping on their character portrait to open up their inventory.

Also check to make sure your "pick up" settings correct. So pause the game, go to options, and press the "Pick Up: " button until it says "Pick Up: Normal+". This "loot threshold" option will let you set what items your character will pick up. So, if Loot Threshold is set to Normal+ your character will pick up every item that drops. If loot threshold is set to Magic+ it will leave all normal "white" items on the ground and pick up anything blue "magic" and above. The same thing is true all the way up to Legend+ where you will ONLY pick up legendary items.

This is an advanced game option and is intended for very specific play situations namely loot runs and imp pet use.

Also, I am VERY sorry about your IAP loss....please email me: [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you when our servers are back up (should be this week).