Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

We have added more vanity items into the game over the course of the initial release last year. We plan to do the same with our upcoming content as well!

@Myndflame Judgement is pretty sweet! Keep it around you can enchant it later once you collect gold and use it again after you out level the weapon.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I can't decide between 4,500 dps broadway sword or 4,200 dps judgement Thor-hammer >.<

3. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Judgement surprisingly came with Poison while I was cruising through the Desert Temple in Act 2 on Power 8. It utterly DESTROYED Angus Malum with it and my arcane Horn. DoT, 4.3% Health Leech, MP Leech, and the dps.

it was a symphony of death, lemme tell ya.

4. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Can I transfer items found by one character to another? I'm playing as a Mage and I keep finding good warrior items.

5. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Yes. If you check in your inventory you will see your "bag" bar at the top. Press the arrows to the left or right to cycle through all bags and you will get to the "stash" tabs. You can put items in the stash to share across different characters.

6. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Buy the stash, and put it in there.. Stash is like the universal storage between characters..

Edit: oops, Ninja'ed by shiny!! :p

7. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male

If I go pure mana, and none into power... Won't I have extremely low damage then? Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for the advice!

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    @Shiny Box LLC: Which IAP are restorable and which aren't? I guess extra slots and things like that are restorable, and coins aren't, but what about the "ultra special offer" in the main page? (The $10 one which unlocks the slots, vanity packs, etc.). If I uninstall and reinstall, can I restore that purchase too?

9. Design by Adrian

Design by Adrian Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Mobile/Web Designer & Developer
    London / Stockholm
    Boring

Good gameplay - responsive controls. Fairly good graphics.

Gets incredibly repetitive after an hour. Enemies get harder. You get more free gear that will slash those enemies. Repeat.

10. webman2k

webman2k Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Sounds like this isn't your type of game. In this genre - the hack and slash rpg - this game shines as the best in the App Store, and one of the most fun I've ever played, but you have to know what you're getting into. Part of the fun is the grind, and the surprise of new items that can help you along the way. Add the to the fact that you can tailor the difficulty... I can't think of anything that was left out :)

11. rabbitsamlcs

rabbitsamlcs Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Good job Shinybox. Ability depends on items is new thing to me. I have to say this game is quite addicting, but still hope for more content. I mean more varied abilities / spells or whatever. One major drawback. I can't sync the account of between Android and IOS despite using DQ account. It just said "server error" or something that sounds like that. Hope u fix this, and please add more content. Purchased the $9.99 package to show support.

12. TomekSzymek

TomekSzymek Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Hmm... How many acts are there?

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #313 Cilo, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    In his build no because mana shield reflects damage as well as negates it. However I've learned now after bumping my difficulty setting to power 8 that many champion enemies run either a thorns or reflect affix, so you'll need a good mix of both power and mana, if you're using mana shield. At this level I can't play without mana shield, as my health will drop in a second if I run into a champion, or elite pack.

On power level 8 I also have to carry a spare weapon with a different elemental attack, because a lot of the elite enemies will roll resistances to one element for example like shock, so I swap out to another weapon with fire. If you run into a champion that has stacked resistances for both your weapons (which I have lol) such as fire and shock, I just pick the one with the highest dps. The fight will be slow as hell, but at least the dev programmed it in a way where mob resistance isn't 100%, it feels more like 60-70%, so your attacks will get through.

14. Eidaven

Eidaven Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like I'll be selling everything for now since I won't be able to afford 250,000 gold for a while...

I have another question. Is there an alternate method of unlocking extra character slots besides paying a dollar? I don't mind paying an extra dollar to unlock one but I'd like to know if there's another way before I do.

15. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    I usually run something like twister with either a tome for summons or a skull with the talent that turns skulls into spirit mages. The minions tank damage and I'll spam blizzard or twister...with enough hp/mp leech you never run the risk of dying at the floor I'm at (only in the 50s). And you can even heal through thorns since your gaining back hp from th minion dmg as well.

16. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Without multiplayer I can see this getting old pretty soon.....just gonna enjoy the ride while it last

17. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    How does the imp work? I have unused loot in my bag, but I can't drag and drop anything to him. How does he convert items?

18. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    can i please have this game on pc???:)

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I beleive he picks up common items on his own and needs 5 to convert but it mentions you have an options section for loot threshold where you can chose which type of items he will pick up to exchange.

I also use twister and minions at the minute, thorns sucks for me due to my low hp regen and leech but sacrificing a minion and summoning another gets me through it on difficulty 7. Only on floor 21 though so far just wish I'd find a legendary weapon all of mine only have 500-1k damage at most.

20. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Currently my Mage is at lvl 60 and playing at stage 110+.

Few tips to note:

Keep all the low lvl legendary and a set of epic. Those can be reroll to match your current lvl.

Power lvling at difficulty 1. After u have rch the Max char lvl, switch to whatever difficulty you like for challenging purposes.

I prefer teleport "orb" than mana shield as Mage Shld be a glass cannon anyway, not meant to tank dmg, it's impossible to tank dmg at stage 200 difficulty 8 anyway.

So teleport and play in circle, I prefer using wane too as I will cast aoe while playing in circle.

My build is pure power build which most mobs die in seconds. Kill mob pick up mana n health orbs on floor, rise and again. That's my tactic.

Having many stackable health/mana regen/leech is the best way to make this pure power char works. My mana and hp regen so quick that I sometimes don't need orbs on the floor.

Teleport is also useful for covering huge distance looking for portal within every map.

That's all for now, have fun.