Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Broadway's is typically better w/ the +1 Extra Attack for pure dps, but obsidian will do decent DPS and help w/ your survivability if that's an issue at all.

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #242 Cilo, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    I had a couple of people asking about Wizard gameplay and some setups so instead of trying to explain it, I went ahead and made a small video. Compared to some people on this thread though my dps doesn't match to 50k crits, but I'll get there. :D

This was on enemy power 5, on the Inferno stage. I thought I would give you a quick look at how the mana shield and time warp work together, and also how my mana pool acts as a defensive barrier allowing me not to take any damage. Ignore the music if you want, I had to replace the sound as Display Recorder isn't the best at picking up in game audio. :eek:

3. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #243 ruggedland, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    Cool game

Great game, very addicting. Wizard seems more fun to play than Warrior, and the AOE effect of Casslastrophy is so ridiculously OP :).

One issue I have is that my Warrior has 0 Mana even though I put 34 pts on it, see below. Is this a bug? It started happening in the Inferno as I remember.

[​IMG]

4. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    After intensive research on the forum and players from android version. The current dps build for Mage would be pumping all the point to power. 0 for health and 0 to mana. Just buy and spam mana and health when it's low.

I guess it might be the best build as there is no power potion for u to buy and spam so it's irreplaceable.

5. Jasonv2

Jasonv2 Active Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Really enjoying the game, reminds me a lot of torchlight. Just want to say, I'm having problems uploading my data to the servers, keep getting an unknown error. I also tried to purchase the 300k gold IAP, and I was charged for two of them without getting the gold. So just a heads up guys, careful what you buy into during the server issues. I did have a character slot purchase go through fine though.

Either way once the server issues shape up, I can see this game taking a ton of my time.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Don't know if that would be the best build for myself, I hate relying on pots, I'd rather manage stats in a way that totally negates pot use.

7. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    No Legendary Weapons yet.

i feel so strange in this land.

8. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I play using enemy power 9. Seems very easy with a wizard. Level 32 at the moment.

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Found my first legendary for my wizard but it's only a robe no weapon yet. I was using mana shield the poison version and time warp but seem to be clearing things faster with blast and tornado I just run around spamming skull sentrys and tornado and no one touches me.

10. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Looks like you have an item on that gives you the talent "Blood Knight". It dumps your mana into your health pool. With the right set up and pet this can be a very strong build!

Look in your inventory and check each of your equipped items (just tap the item then tap the magnifying glass in the item detail box above your equipped items) this will so you the extended item detail window. One of your items will have the "Blood Knight' talent on it. Remove that item to restore your mana

11. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Same here. I always feel like I messed up if have to use a potion. Obviously whatever way of playing is fun for someone is the way they should play. For me personally, much of the fun is in figuring out the right mix of stats, equipment, and tactics to beat monsters at the highest difficulty level I can manage. In this game especially, I think using a lot of potions makes things too simple, especially since there's no cool down on them and they're cheap.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wizard seems still way more powerful than the warrior to me. I generally like warriors more vs. wizards but in this game playing the wizard seems to be way easier.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So this is my first none warrior legendary and I'm wondering if something on it changes my abilities. I noticed the talent about dot effect which is at 2% from the robe but don't dully understand it.

My main question is why do my elements keep changing now? Whenever I'm using blast it'll randomly change from arcane to fire, ice, poison for a few seconds and the same with my tornado I've seen it come out as a big green one instead of arcane. Everything use to just be arcane before I had it equipped?

Plus I also loved mages and always play them on any rpg although I have to admit on WoW I changed to be a warlock and then Druid.

Attached Files:

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Click on the magnify glass on your item and it will tell you what kind of damage it does. It's pretty simple to figure out that each weapon type has different types of attacks. Also: it might have different abilities in itself. Like (does fire damage/50% chance to swing twice/35% chance to shoot axes towards enemy) ect.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    My weapons don't and never did before and I can't see anything obvious on the robe for it either.

16. yaboyrasp

yaboyrasp Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013
    That robe give you all elemental....that adds prismatic I think it's called which is a percent chance to cast a different element when you attack.

17. savvy

savvy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    anyone know the good talents for warrior?

think i've seen all of them (currently lv50+), but none of them really stand out, or perhaps i'm just understanding them wrong

looking for anything that helps negate/reflect/evade/lower damage taken

18. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Yep, I have Revenge equipped. Thanks for the pointer. Again great job.

19. symmetrian

symmetrian Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    For the warrior, I really like the axe (whirlwind is fantastic) coupled with the hand axe. I like having ranged capability, and the second skill where you throw a flurry of axes is great. With life leech and some mp leech you can just spin and destroy for days.

20. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't really agree on this. When I kill the mobs, most of the time there will be mana or health orbs on the floor so I get to replenish easily. Also, I stacked mana n hp leech items tgt with hp and mana regen items. So all in all, I only spam potions during bosses lvl. No matter how much u pump in your stats u would need potion in boss lvl to advance quickly. So all in all, mana and hp stats is quite useless to me. Of cuz u are free to make your own build, there is no absolute build. I am just sharing the current top dps Mage build is of pure power :) to follow or not is your choice.