Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. symmetrian

symmetrian Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I'm not sure why this is so confusing. You can have four active skills, two from the main weapon and two from your off-hand. The skills that you have equipped depend on the weapons and their element. To change which skills you are able to use, change your gear. That's it.

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Monk class soon?

Also, the drops on this game kind of suck. I'm playing on mage and have received 3 legendary items so far. The only problem is all of them are for a warrior. It woul be nice if drops for higher grade items went to the current toon.

3. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The abilities are tied to weapons or armor so when you equip items the abilities change.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    What I am saying is the whole time i played this I had 3 skills for my mage. The element might of changed but it has always been a metoer, and like 2 teleports. So are you saying if I find a weapon and it has a heal on it that heal spell will replace my meteor and 2 teleport ones?

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well dang! I think I found a legendary staff right off the bat and used it the whole time because it was so good. No wonder that meteor spell never changed sigh! Lol thanks man.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Had a little more time to play today but still only level 23 ish but hopefully double that on the weekend. Picked up my first legendary only to be sad to see it was a warrior amulet : (

I'm wondering what is best to do, to clear floors on difficulty 7 which I find best as 8 takes me too long to kill with my current dps and I get bored. But is it best to clear floors quickly on 4/5 or to stay on 7/8? And do you all do each act once or do it twice before moving on?

Found new wizard weapons which seem to kill much quicker but I get so attached to my old stuff I don't want to change. I had mana sheild and time warp along with barrage and storm, now it's blast and tornado with skulldra and skulladgra? Something like that.

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Rolling deep on my warrior!

Legendary sword. Broad way: 4,500 dps.
    Legendary offhand horn. AllFlamd: 700dps.
    Legendary Hammer. Judgement: 2,100 dps.

Not using the hammer though.

Sword & horn. Banging combo

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Anyone has idea on what the best stat for Mage to pump? Power or mana? What abt health? Thanks

9. paxal

paxal Member

Jun 26, 2013
    First of all sorry for my english. I have an iPad 3 running on ios 7.0.4. The game sometimes gets lag, its randomly freeze / frame drops, specially when using skill or facing group of enemies. I hope devs is aware of thhis problem.
    Anyway, thanks for great game, one of few games that dont you to force buy in app purchase, thats why im gonna get the second class slot for .99 :)

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I think the dev is aware, there are a lot of frame rate issues on the iPhone 5, 7.0.4 also.

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Haha nice numbers! You must've played 48 hours straight!

12. aceofspadez

aceofspadez Member

Dec 12, 2009
    What I don't get is how the item level is determine... As you can see the item level for the sword is higher but has less dps... What contributes to the item level? I'm sure the stats have a factor in it too...
    But based on item level you should be able to say one is better then the other, but when you look at the stats for this example, you don't see that being true
    I also got the higher item level in a much later level then the lower one

Attached Files:

13. Item level only gates how high the affixes can be rolled, but doesn't determine the overall power of the item. The specific item affixes determine the power more, which the compare window can help with.

14. symmetrian

symmetrian Active Member

Jul 21, 2011
    What are Relics? I see them drop but don't see them in my inventory.

15. Relics are challenge related items that you can collect for stat bonuses when you complete a set.

You can view your progress on the stats screen / adventure tab

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm curious what you all do with stats especially wizards. I've noticed a lot of people go pure might and nothing else. I kept sharing mainly with might and mana as my mana sheild was my health and on really tough groups or bosses I'd run low on mana and have to kite while I regen.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Power all day every day!

18. aceofspadez

aceofspadez Member

Dec 12, 2009
    So based off the two items I have displayed, which one is stronger? Do the stats on the higher item level wep overpower to higher dps ?

19. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Probably the best free game I've seen in a while. #

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    LOVING this game!