Universal Dungeon Quest (by Shiny Box Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just been playing at lunchtime and bought another IAP for the dev, i would for sure buy this game for a premium price so i'm quite happy buying a few IAP's to get to that price

Great to hear there'll be more content.

I bought a 'dog' as well, when does that appear, i cant seem to 'activate' it and its not appearing in the game, sure i've done something wrong !

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea sucks I cant spend any money on this yet because I downloaded it from the NZ store but my US store is the one with all my money on it. I can download the US version once they fix the account upload error.

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    make sure you equip the dog on the inventory screen...in the bottom right you will see a pet tab and equip there. the dog picks up gold for you ;) the fairy heals you when you get low and the imp picks up items and weapons (i believe) that can be switched into rares after 5 normals are picked up...<--could be wrong about that just thought i read that somewhere

hope that helps

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Very helpful - thanks!

5. ChaosIsMe

ChaosIsMe Active Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Just want to chime in again how great this game is. I bought the additional character slot for the warrior class and love that you can bring them into the dungeons with you as an ai controlled character.

Got a few pet drops so far and the pet's abilities are super helpful and varied.

6. CzarBrain

CzarBrain Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Absolutely love this game. I purchased the package. Now I'm slaughtering with the wizard! Woo hoo! Diablo esque in my pocket.

7. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    The game is fun, it would do though with some explanation (or maybe it's just me); for example in the shop menu, what does the enchant do to items?i see a percentage to fail and a cost but can't see what is the actual benefit...
    On some items if i click on them i get in a screen with more info; hoever i can see that some of those items have more than one ability but i can't seem to change the one i'm equipping...also how do you choose which ability goes in the slot? (at the moment less than level 10 only have one slot available).
    thx for the explanations

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I did the opposite I went mostly mana, some into power, and zero into health and I currently shoot a swirling orb that cuts through groups of mobs on power 5 enemies, and a mana shield that allows me to tank bosses since my mana pool acts as a barrier to attacks. I'm pretty sure the time warp bubble acts as a buff to my attacks when present, at least I think that's how it works, any chance the dev can confirm how the time bubble works?

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Is there other skills we can put in the 3 equip able slots or are those the only ones we get?

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Skills change with gear, so yes there are different ones.

11. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

Hi! The enchant screen contains a few helpful items:
    1) Element enchant. Use this to change the effective element of your current items. This will give you defense against an element if you put it on armor or will add additional damage if you put it on a weapon. The effect applied is random.

2) Reroll stats. This will take a current item and "reroll" the stats on it to increase its power. The power increase is related to the highest dungeon floor you have reached. The more floors you clear the more powerful you can make your items.

3) Enchanting. This will add random affixes to your items. For example you could take a blue "magic" item and enchant it all the way to an epic (orange) item using this system. It is random but certain affixes can only be placed on specific gear.

You can see more info about our game and its systems here

12. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Monk class, please.

13. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Make it a movement

14. jimjamzzz

jimjamzzz Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Man I love my mana less whirlwind toon.

[​IMG]

15. jimjamzzz

jimjamzzz Member

Oct 8, 2013
  16. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    How do I equip them in those slots?

17. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Any aoe object is pretty beastly. I hardly saw a sand worm boss on screen and all I did was spam whirlwind in all directions.

18. Shiny Box LLC

Shiny Box LLC Well-Known Member

You don't equip them individually. They are on the items that you equip. If you want to see a list of them hit up the stats page in your inventory they will be shown there: the "white" ones are what you have equipped the "greyed out" ones are all the possible ones in the game.

You can see what skills items give you (not all of them do) by accessing your inventory page touching an item then touching the box on the left or right of the inventory screen to get more detailed item info (the box has a magnifying glass in it).

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    So we only have 3 skills per character that are down by the right attack button?

20. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Hit a lucky streak this morning...now up to 8 legends.