Universal Dungeon Plunder by Dominic Duchesne (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Mar 5, 2013.

1. #41 DungeonPlunder, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    First of all thanks to everyone who bought this game (and who left their impressions) so far on this pre-release day: it's an uphill battle when you're premium with no currency iap. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it now and in the future with additions.

Right off the bat: No sorry ;) Just one rune even with 4 characters. You'll have to do a good run to get your 2nd intermediate (or major / legendary)

Well fun is what matters down the road :) Glad you like it.

I chose to embrace the roguelike term for the following reasons: random maps, perma-death, turn-based combat and tiled based movement. There's a few things tbh that this game does not respect 100%: notably the identification of items (everything is pre-identified) but I'm still comfortable with the label.

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    It's all good, honestly I just wanted to know. Thanks

3. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  4. Llamaentity

Llamaentity Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
  5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I definately appreciate people that post the links!

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Note to dev: confirmation on using the life scroll please. It doesn't take much to tap on it accidentally.

7. Thanks for the comment Gabrien.

Will put a confirmation for it in the first update. Sorry for the scroll though.

8. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Active Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Product Trainer
    United States
    Hi Dominic,

What's the Deluxe Edition IAP add? I'm not sure where to find information about that. :)

Thanks!

9. Deluxe Edition allows you to use 6 alternate cosmetic models for your characters (2 per classes). They don't affect gameplay in any ways but they definitely have a good look :D

I'll edit the app description right away to explain it.

10. Galois

Galois Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Excellent game! I foresee a lot of time being sunk into playing.

11. Cheeseball

Cheeseball Active Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Product Trainer
    United States
    Will you be adding other feature to the Deluxe Edition IAP later on? I'm willing to pay for extra content if it's worth it, even if it's just cosmetic.

12. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Looks rather promising. I've also been heartened by the fast dev response to questions! Before I buy, I just wanted to verify this bit of info from the PR:

Ultimately defeat an evil archmage conjuring a new ice age: the environment will be covered in ice and snow progressively as you travel through the perilous lands.

Does that mean there is definitely a win condition, not just a score chaser/leaderboard hunt? You can kill this archmage, get a victory screen/epilogue/ending/etc., and call it a day if you so desire?

13. #54 DungeonPlunder, Mar 6, 2013
    I'd rather be prudent and say this: Consider this IAP as those 6 models for your purchase decision, not as any further guaranteed expectations.

Oh and I forgot.. you also get a gold "Deluxe Edition" plaque in the main menu! ;)

14. #55 DungeonPlunder, Mar 6, 2013
    The answer is yes, there is a definite ending to the game where you kill this archmage and then get the usual celebration stuff. However it's a long road ahead - you will not make it with your first character.

For the completionist types: there's also separate achievements/leaderboards for each of the classes, as well as achievements/leaderboards for a level 1 to the End Game (Good luck on that :D).

15. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Having a blast with this one. Great job, DP.

I typically hate slot machines, but I like this implementation, if that helps people that are on the fence.

16. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #57 bestkevin, Mar 6, 2013
    I'm not sure if I would buy this one. The slot mechanic thing not sure. Well like king cashing but this one is different. I wish there is a lite version so I can try before buying.

17. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The game is fun! I was initially iffy about the slot mechanic but it does make for a more dynamic experience!

18. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Fun game, is there a place where is saves my previous attempts? (Scores, Records)

19. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Whilst I respect people's opinion on the slot aspect I do disagree!
    If the slots were instead represented by 5 dice that you rolled and then held the ones you wanted and rerolled those you don't then I doubt there would be such concern!

It's just a randomechanic... What if it were represented by five cards where you could discard the ones you didn't want! Again based in all the card type similar themes games I doubt it would have been brought up.

Hey Dev how about adding dice and card skins to the slot section as part of the iap you would make millions ;)