iPad Dungeon of the Endless (by Amplitude Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    As best I understand it, ANY (there might be some special exceptions) of the game's 19 characters can just pop up at random in the dungeon for you to recruit into your party with sufficient food. Since you can't have more than 4 in your party, I'm not sure if the game lets you swap out a character or if extra heroes no longer appear when your party is full.

To bring in a hero as one of your initial party members, they must first be unlocked. You unlock additional heroes in the game by clearing a dungeon with them in your party or at least keep them alive in your party for 3 dungeon levels.

So to sum up you find new folk at random on your runs and if you keep them alive long enough, you can pick them as a starting character in future runs.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This went free today, if you don't own it and enjoy roguelikes this is a absolute no brainer.. Kind of sad to see it go free

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Damn. Amplitude deserve every coin for this one. Can't recommend it highly enough at the epic price of free though.
    Wish they'd make it on sale for $1 or $2 instead so new entrants could at least contribute to a coffee to help them out if they're working on another masterpiece.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Yeah dude, this will never come off my device.. Really hate to see it go free.. At 2 bucks it would be a steal.. Honestly at full price it's a bargain.. This game is awesome

5. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Unbelievable! :eek:
    I agree, 1 or 2 dollars at least for this great game!!!! One of the best of 2015!
    And I was glad to pay 5€ for this gem!:D this will never leave my device, too!

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would love to support them too but I wish this was made universal so I can't even play it regardless. I don't own an iPad unfortunately..

7. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    The text is annoyingly small even on the iPad. On the iPhone it would be hopeless.

This may be a good game but for me it would be more enjoyable on my computer screen. Not sure it's a great fit for portable gaming. But that's just my old eyes talking.

8. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I gave this a go on steam a while back and didn't get it. Now, on my iPad, gave it a 2nd shot. Now, I get it. This is a true gem. The concept, decent. The execution, brilliant. The pixel art and chip-trip soundtrack really sets it apart from other indie output.

Would love to see the same team do a more traditional RL.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think what screwed me over the most when playing this on either the PC or iPad is forgetting, when stuff got crazy, you can always pause the game and plot out your next move.

10. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Iphone please

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Thought this was free? :(

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I am happy to see that it isnt free anymore. Deserves whatever they ask.

13. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    How do you play this game- it's too hard

14. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Are you pausing when it gets hectic?

15. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Good it isn't free anymore!
    But 1.99€ is still too cheap for this gem!!!
    Get it for 2 Dollars!!!

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Pause. This game is designed for you to pause lots. Read the descriptions of all your characters traits and pause and use those traits when enemies are around.

Pause

Pause pause

17. Almyn

Almyn Active Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Anyone know where this has disappeared too? It’s disappeared from the App Store and my purchased list.

18. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I hope they did not fully remove it from app store...

19. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Probably a goner now. I kept the IPA installer (I have an old iTunes version with access to the App Store :D) although I don't own an iPad and running it on the iPhone 8's screen isn't as much fun as it should.

When I saw this game's thread going up to the recently discussed games I was hoping it had received an update or something. It's terrible seeing good games disappear.

20. The game will be re-released under Playdious and available on iPhone devices too

Attached Files:

Gwarmaxx and Rocksaint like this.