iPad Dungeon of the Endless (by Amplitude Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=268887][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268891][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268882][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268924][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268925][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268870][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268941][​IMG][/thread] [thread=268695][​IMG][/thread]

Dungeon of the Endless

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

August 20th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

2. erdgeist

erdgeist Member

Sep 30, 2012
    The onboarding for this game is pretty bad. Too much things you have to figure out yourself (to be fair: it warned you you'll die a lot). I don't really like the long 'touch for further options paradigm', so some things were fairly confusing in the beginning.

3. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I'm in love with this game.. Haven't stopped playing it since it was released even though it kicks my ass every time.. Recently though I've had some success making it pretty far (10nth floor).. Building an industry and food module on every floor the first couple of rooms I open has seemed to work for me.. Started another run today and I've got a surplus of food and industry through floor 8.. Hopefully I break through and win

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Is that on Easy or Too Easy?

5. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    On easy.. I also prefer to start the game with heroes who have high attack stats.. This way you don't have to spend much industry on defenses early in the game.. You'll reqruit players with other abilities later..

I just love the atmosphere of this game.. The music, the art, it just does it for me... I hope this game gets more recognition.. It's truly a great game.. Probably the closest thing to FTL I've played..

Another tip, pause, pause, pause... Enemy waves could overwhelm you pretty quick.. This way you could heal and build more modules if needed

6. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting to pause. Must get into the habit! This game kicks my rear so bad but I love it.

I love the pacing where it's short game with like a sine wave of calm > hectic > calm > hectic.

7. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Got to floor 11 on too easy and monster just start ripping through modules in 2 seconds around floor 10. So idk what to do...indies on floor 11 and it seems so hard because monster literally kill the modules instantly.

8. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    So I reached floor 11 on easy (should be called brutally hard) and did a horrible job managing my industry.. Had around 250 industry stocked up and didn't build nearly enough defense modules to make it out alive.. Totally my fault.. Did an awesome job managing my resources until that point.. Set myself up pretty good for the last two floors but blew it.. Absolutely winnable game and I screwed it up.. Finished the game with a final score of 7,200... I really wanted to unlock another escape pod :(... So yeah giving it another go today and let's see how it goes

9. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Me too!
    I made it to Level 7 on too easy and I could have finished the level, but I was too unorganized at the end. :/
    For me it's the perfect mix of rogue, grinding, tower defense & action.

But as hincy89 said, there should be a better solution for using the powers during a battle.
    Switching from group to a single hero, using his powers and then try to get your crew back together is often leading to the death of one of my crew members. Especially when it's getting hectic.

And sometimes when you activate the crystals for new technologies, one of the crew members stays behind the crystal and is often missing in the next battle if you're in a hurry to move your crew to another room.
    I found myself looking for the "hidden" hero on the map.

One of my goty candidates...

10. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    This run looks pretty promising

Attached Files:

11. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    I finally did it.. Feels pretty awesome ###

Attached Files:

12. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Well done! :)

I hope that I will see that screenshot on my iPad soon! ;)

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thank you!!

It took me 30 runs to finally beat the game.. I unlocked a couple of escape pods and still have 2 or 3 characters to unlock also so I won't be putting this down anytime soon..

14. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    You're welcome!
    I still have to beat it and unlock the other escape pods.
    So far I've unlocked 5 characters, but there's a lot to do.
    If I had to choose which game I would take on an empty island, Dungeon of the Endless would be my first choice. (At the moment;))

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Congratulations, nicely done!

16. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Thanks ###

17. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Just bought the game and made a few runs, I have read the beginners guide.
    But I don't understand how to recruit heroes.
    I have gotten to floor 2, one character died in the run for the second floor but I can't seem to replace the lost character.
    The second slot for my dead character is gone and even if the slot was there, I could not fill it.
    Do I first have to find a character by exploration and then hire him?

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Something about you need to make it through 3 levels with the new guy you found before he sticks.

19. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

If you mean getting a replacement dude DURING a run then yes, you have to explore and you might be lucky to find one in a room.

20. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Yes, I meant that. Thanks.