iPad Dungeon of the Endless (by Amplitude Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Asking again because it got buried a couple pages back.

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sort of. But not really.
    I mean, as far as I'm aware, and I haven't completed a full "run" yet so grain of salt needed, really all your unlocking that will be available on your next run start over are heroes. And perhaps whatever else those different spaceships represent, which I havent done yet. Think they're like run scenarios or something, so they don't really can't.

Short answer. You're only unlocking heroes.
    But finding them and keeping them alive to become permanently available is part of the fun.

Maybe someone with more experience can elaborate.

3. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Cool game, but... There's just way too many occasions for me where there's just absolutely no way to survive the dungeon. It feels very frustrating. Sometimes the games go smoothly and I feel like in control and it's clearly my fault when I die, but way too often it feels that I just caught bad luck from the generator and after analyzing all my choises, I might just as well give up as there's no out of the situation.

4. loveschack

loveschack Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Copenhagen
    What a fantastic game! However, I can't figure out how to use the active skills in combat, so frustrating. Can someone help?

5. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Isn't that the buttons that appear below the hero portraits top-right?

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Pretty sure you just tap on them? Active skills available for use will be shown below the character portrait while on the game screen.
    Also active skills are shown for information only in the character details screen.

7. loveschack

loveschack Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Copenhagen
    Yes, but they're not available during combat for some reason. Sometimes they appear beneath the portraits, but only when I'm out of combat. Are they available for you guys when you fight?

It's very strange, feel like I'm missing out on an essential part of the gameplay

8. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    They Appear when you have that specific unit selected so, select single unit selection then choose unit and activate skill but remember to switch back to multi select.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yep hincy got it spot on.

10. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    What's a good team? I can't seem to make up my mind on who makes the best team for me. I know I like Golgi, so I must pick her every time

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #131 LordGek, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    I don't think so. While no expert myself, the unlocks come in 2 varieties, characters and game modes (each ship has its own rules and thus is a whole new game variation to itself). So I do honestly believe you could, with skillful play, complete the first mode, Escape Pod, with just characters available to you from the get go.

Actually, you need to get this, unlocking a character really only means you can choose them as one of your starting characters, from what I understand, all of the characters can still randomly appear in the dungeon as mid game recruits unlocked or not.

So in the end, these unlocks are just for more variety and replay value, not absolutely needed bits to win.

12. loveschack

loveschack Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Copenhagen
    Thank you very much, that did the trick!

13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Use Max' ability called Pfilfer and someone to defend him like Sara. Replace Sara with a better bodyguard when you have unlocked them. Don't know if this combo is still good, it was good on PC

14. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I beat it on Too Easy without first unlocking anything - in all my other runs on Easy I'd failed to unlock a single thing.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I generally pick someone that can run fast mixed with someone that can stand and shoot

16. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    It is all true but some good combos are not accessible at the beginning.

17. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    What a great game this turned out to be.

I just finished my first run on easy, although I blatently and repeatedly had to cheat to do so. Some of the later levels were so starved of dust I could never have finished them with my party without save scumming.

This unlocked the armoury pod, infirmary pod and freezer pod. Ive unlocked all but 6 of the available characters. Im surprised by the amount of depth to this game, and cant wait to try and figure out the new modes, or the normal mode with different party members. all without cheating this time, of course.

18. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    I think there is a bug currently which unlocks too many modes.

19. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Looking at the wiki, its possible I may the correct number of pods unlocked. I definitely finished the game, and its entirely possible I finished it without losing a hero or taking damage to the crystal due to the way I cheated.

20. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I bought this game and played a couple of runs and thought 'meh, blocky graphics and unclear tutorial, it's shoddy'

Then I thought I'd give it another chance, read a beginners guide and had another go.

Then another

Then another

Etc etc