iPad Dungeon of the Endless (by Amplitude Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Still downloading on my shitty connection so I can't help you there! I would imagine there's some way though.

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    If first impressions mean anything, this game is truly magical! The art is fantastic, reminds me of a game in Android called 1Quest which is a very good roguelike. This is the total package though, the music is really great too. Looking forward to spending a lot of time with this one!

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Very slick port from my first trial run with the only bit clearly missing from the PC version are the 4 Team Fortress 2 characters (not likely to appear out of Steam).

The only tricky bit I've had so far is trying to bring up information on an ability or research option without accidently selecting it.

4. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    There isn't a select all button that I can see. Just the toggle to move one or multiple heroes at a time.

5. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    This will be mine, the steam version is so much fun! Is this a sale or just regular? 5 bucks is nothing for a great game and dev.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Good fun, and such a bizzare hybrid of Roguelike, Tower Defence, and Resource Managment.

In a nutshell, here is the basic gameflow of the Escape Pod mode of play (the game has 6 other modes the palyer can eventually unlock):

1) Choose 2 characters from those you've unlocked so far (each with their own very unique stats and skills).
    2) Explore the dungeon looking for the exit. While exploring you'll be fighting occasional beasties that pop up, installing modules to produce resources, and researching new techs.
    3) Once you find the exit you need to plan your escape, setting up defenses to aid you in your mad dash with the crystal from your starting room to the exit. The careful planning is crucial as the SECOND you have one of your characters pickup the crystal, endless waves of baddies will try to kill the crystal carrier. Whichever character you have carrying the crystal will be greatly slowed and defenseless, so either defensive installations or the other characters will need to defend the carrier on their way to the exit. It is usually best to have a fast character as your crystal carrier, since your only hope is usually to run like Hell to the exit as every second endless stronger and stronger waves of baddies will come bearing down on your crystal carrier from every dark corner of the dungoen (literally, as monsters can only generate in dark unpowered rooms).
    4) Rinse and repeat until you've cleared all 12 levels (easier said than done as the baddies will get nastier and nastier each level).

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    And each floor gets larger while your dust supply doesn't grow as quickly, so more dark rooms each time!

8. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #48 sapphire_neo, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    You can select multiple heroes by holding the portrait of additional heroes, or rather you can switch between multiple and single by that shortcut. It might also select all heroes but hard to check when I haven't picked up a new party member yet!

This is an incredible port, easily on par with FTL for being meticulously moulded to fit the tablet experience and form factor. This year has been so amazing in terms of big PC developers, mainstream and indie, showing faith in mobile gaming.

9. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Anyone know if this has cross-platform multiplayer with PC?

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
  11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It does not feature any form of multiplayer (on iPad) right?

12. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Found a bug...Gork is walking through the wall.
    I wanted him to follow Max into that room & he took a shortcut. ;)

Attached Files:

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Here's another one.

Attached Files:

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Don't forget to report all bugs to Amplitude Studios as well.

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    No multiplayer and no plans to add multiplayer.

16. killercow

Thanks!

17. buzznaut

buzznaut Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
  18. buzznaut

buzznaut Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    One other question .... Anyone playing on iPad2 wifi? How is the experience ? Smooth?

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    The former...

20. killercow

He meant the former ;)