iPad Dungeon of the Endless (by Amplitude Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Aug 19, 2015.

1. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Thank you for the update. Hopefully we won´t be charged again ...

2. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
  3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Also includes 5 DLC expansions so $4.99 (preorder discount) for the new app is pretty good.

4. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
  5. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I m ok to be charged again as this game is litteraly gorgeous!

Pre-ordered!

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sweeeeeeet!

This game is amazing on iPad. Really great strategy/TD/roguelite.

especially since it now comes with all those expansions, I’m happy to jump on it again. Always wanted this game on iPhone. Dare I say it, it’s up there with FTL.

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I want to preorder but I'm hesitant since many people in this thread said the game has very small text / wouldn't work with iphone. However Playdigious does good stuff.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I think that you do have a valid concern, as I recall text being on the smaller side for the iPad version. unfortunately it seems the only info we have is what’s on the pre-order page. There’s a very limited video there of in game play, but doesn’t tell a lot. For instance It doesn’t show what the character page will look like when expanded, but it does give a look at the size of text for the tower weapons selection page, just briefly.

I feel it may well be on the smaller side but I’m also not too phased as I have an Xs Max, so things like this usually come out ok.

9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Dudes... this is gonna be so sick. I’m so pumped this is happening. The game is so good.... some of the most tense moments in gaming I’ve had with this game. Trudging through each dungeon, trying to find the exit, planning your defense and then trucking to the exit, hoping your dudes would make it in time.... I literally cannot freaking wait.

Skall and Talbs like this.
  10. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I love FTL, and wish that would come to iPhone.
    I’ve never played this though

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Get on this then. If you’re in to FTL, there’s a good chance you’ll be in to this too.
    Mind you, this is nearly nothing like FTL, except that it is a roguelite/like, plenty of good strategy to explore and find out about the game, great artwork, and delivers big on those hectic moments.

12. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i’ve been dreaming for years to have this one on my phone, and now seems to be the time to play it on the go... GREAT!!!

by the way, somebody knows if the original iPad/Steam version will be included on this one, or it is a new chapter of the Endless universe + DLCs?

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's the same as the original iPad release, with new DLC included.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  14. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I second these hectic moments. Few things are as exhilarating as barreling through a dungeon labryinthe as you hear doors opening from hallways nearby, knowing full well that those doors are unleashing HORDES of monsters that are coming to rip you and your team to shreds unless you hit the elevator in time. This is a must-play for anyone into rogue-likes or tower defense titles. Completely unique in the world of gaming imo.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    The comments here make me want to take a chance. So I'll preorder it.

I'm just worried it'll hurt my eyes that I can't play it for long. And I hope it's not too hectic where I just get frustrated and give up. But I'll give it a shot.

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    It’s like nothing else - it’s not my typical type of game at all, but I still have it on iPad and play it - it’s amazing. I am throwing the extra £5 at Playdigious ;)

Skall and L.Lawliet like this.