Universal Dungeon of Madness (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Dangit, this game is frustrating. I wish I could change the direction of the tile when I'm going on the tile. It always just shows my stats. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Also, the timer should not start until after the tutorial.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yes, pages ago I asked for an option to not display my stats & disrupt the game as it's pretty easy to tap on yourself.

3. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Would like to buy it but apple store means "in app purchases" :(

Optional or ingame currency ?

4. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    IAP in this game just an optional, you can buy gold but all content is unlockable in game. Also making money and unlock characters in game is easily, IAP just saving your time, not a must needed.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    How goes work on the Secret Vault issue?

6. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Thanks for your answer. There were no details on appstore !

7. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    This game is hard! I haven't even finished the first bloody screen yet? Argh. I'll keep trying but I've a feeling this won't keep me busy as much as the devs other games.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just not fun for me. Not at all.

9. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    #69 countBasil, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Love the game...AFTER a lot of effort figuring it out!

Recommendations:
    *give more orientation! (took me awhile to figure out what needed to happen with the damsel) or at least be able to see all the instructions at once without replaying level 1 [edit: also explain that food has to spawn!]
    *let user tap the three medals at the end and get explanation of how to attain them
    *give the Replay button even if user succeeded in a level, so user can try again for more medals [edit: annoying to have to exit, re-enter cave, figure out what level you were playing, and select it again!]

10. countBasil

Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    #70 countBasil, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Another thought: TELL the user that the pieces need to be rotated 1) to lead the hero to the bad guys to attack them, AND 2) to lead the maidens (and the hero) to the exit. Also that the bears turn back into maidens with food and THEN they can be hurt! [edit: AND 3) to trap bad guys or lead them to bombs/spikes/etc! (Another tip: trap maiden in safe place)]

Like many users, I was frustrated when I guided the hero to the bears, and later to the maidens, and then mystified that nothing happened! It just is not at all obvious what is supposed to happen, and people are likely to give up (as I did initially, but came back after trying the game again later!). Hope these are helpful ideas!

[EDIT: also have in tutorial list that spikes and bombs can harm the bad guys so you can lead them to them!]

11. countBasil

Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Also need to get explanation of buttons at bottom, which I realize I never tried. Should be obvious not only what they do but whether they're one-use or whatever. If user can tap even inactive ones will also be more likely to play more to unlock and buy more at store, etc ;)

12. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    This game is tough, but I like it. My first request to the devs would be a gentler difficulty curve.

I agree with all of the suggestions on the previous pages. Especially the retry button even if you complete the level. I would also like an option to return to the level select screen in the pause menu. (Like Angry Birds and Cut The Rope)

In the store, are the weapon and armor items one-time-use? I'm assuming they are, but it's unclear.