Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

Hi All ~ :)
    [1.5.5] Patch notes Patch Notes
    Here is the details about Dungeon Maker 1.5.5 version update.
    • The following issues have been fixed and some features have been modified.
    • Monster equipment Banning bug fixed.
    • Dark Lord level achievement problem fixed
    • Changed the attacking ability of the activating skill to apply to the total damage.
    • Battle rewards display problem fixed
    • Interface error fixed
    • Some artifact index display problems.
    • Bloodlust bug fixed
    • Original pack selection problem fixed
    • Added check popup on monster layout screen.
    • Fixed a problem where certain monster girls' skills were changed.
    • Other optimizations have improved performance on combat screens
    A place where you can exchange real-time opinions about this game.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DungeonMaker/
    https://discord.gg/V6DJ9R8

* Google Play & AppStore
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GameCoaster.DungeonMaker
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1359652100

2. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    As you may know, Dungeon Maker is currently undergoing a temporary discount. It might be a good chance to start this game. ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm constantly pimping this game on the mobile gaming Facebook group App Army. https://www.facebook.com/groups/apparmy/

nyanpass likes this.
  4. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Thanks for introducing Dungeon Maker there too.

At the request of Harry, one of the pocket gamer editors, Dungeon Maker was sent, but in the end it was not treated as a review.

But it is good news that Dungeon Maker would be good game for users of App Army. :)

5. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    * WHAT'S NEW : Dungeon Maker 1.5.6 ver

- Several relics have been added.
    - Various bugs have been fixed.
    - Gold & soul auto-acquisition function has been added.

[​IMG]

6. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Thanks for posting these. I just discovered that you no longer lose prisoners when upgrading the prison, either, which is great. The new relics popping up has been a nice surpise, too - they've appeared half-way through a playthrough. It's always a disappointing moment when you get to the stage where they just offer you the health potion all the time.

Metalmine likes this.
  7. Metalmine

Metalmine Member

Sep 14, 2018
    I hope the new relic texts have been helpful for everyone! If there's any issues with any texts please let me know. I will suggest new ones to the dev.

8. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    is there a thread on achievements anywhere? After this run finishes I want to try to mop up the few remaining ones. I've got a couple of questions, like:

- the achievement for doing 100 days with only 2* monsters or below: how do you prevent the game from giving you the three DL-specific starting monsters, like the three Minotaur Girls (3*) Emma gets, which would make this achievement impossible? (these are granted by one of Emma's level-ups). I expected to see them in the list of things you could exclude, but I couldn't - maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

I have a plan for the above (and the "3* and below" and "4* and below" achievements) which is to, in my current run, get 6 lizardman (2*) equipped with Shield Bash and Regeneration Steel, and then start the game with three Healing Wind rooms carried over, which should make the lizardmen hard to beat (so they get lots of Regeneration from Healing Winds, which is converted to armor by Regeneration Steel, and with Shield Bash adding this to their attack).

Has anyone else got any better/other advice for these achievements?

- also - do these "Given at the start of the game, or Succeeded" monsters break the "Do 100 days without deploying additional monsters" achievement? In other words, can I do the "Do 100 days without deploying additional monsters" one using my succeeded lizardman plan, above?

thanks!

9. xovero

xovero Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2018
    You play irea, thats it, or you wait until they change it

No idea, did that achievement a while ago, i just played a full trap build

10. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Both iOS and android have been updated. Now enjoy DungeonMaker more comfortably. ;)

11. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Hmm, i haven't unlocked Irea.

12. awoooog

awoooog Member

Jun 29, 2018
    #1692 awoooog, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    Lizardmen are pretty much rip now after the nerf, since they were changed to get only flat 3 armor per attack. The challenge is only up to like trial 2 so you don't really need to use such an intricate strategy. It'll save you a lot of headache from fiddling around with skills and combining monsters if you just play it normally :p. Personally I just beat it with a full monster + battle room spam strategy with Tania (the ol' spam 4 mana ability) and filling all rooms with 3-star monsters. Not the most fun or creative strategy, but it worked well enough to day 500.

From my understand, the "without deploying additional monsters" challenge would mean actually placing new monsters in battle rooms, so it's probably better to do later in the run than at the start of the game. Apparently I completed this one (I forget doing it...), but how I would do this one is having a good dungeon set-up already and then just going 500 days without placing additional monsters in battle rooms. For example finishing your setup at like day 300 and going from 300-800 without placing additional monsters.

13. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    * WHAT'S NEW : Dungeon Maker 1.5.7 ver

Here are some new updates and bug fixes.

- When starting a new game, there will be a new screen allowing you to exclude skills that you have unlocked.
    - Fixed an issue where you got an error when combining monsters
    - Fixed an issue with error messages in the store
    - More text errors were fixed
    - Fixed an issue with ingredients listed as :rank: :rank: :rank: :rank: :rank:
    - Fixed an issue where you can obtain banned equipment in events.
    - Event relics no longer appear in the ban list.

Feel free to email us at [email protected] for any problems or inconveniences!

Thank you

14. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Thanks, good to know. I'd missed that change - it used to be 3 x level, or 3 x ATK, right?

With the "without deploying additional monsters"/2*/3*/4* challenges, in my current run (D101) I've got big red X's over them, which in my experience means "It's now impossible to do these on this run". Which, in turn, means that the rule must be "Survive **the first** 100 days", not just "Survive 100 days at some point", which I have done with some of the other achievements.

You're right though, by this point in my progression Trial 4 should be easy to just spam with low level monsters. I wonder, if I collect a high monster from an egg, but don't deploy it to a room, will that still count? Then I can combine its skills into my low-star ones, or maybe even convert them to orbs. I'll need to experiment I guess. thanks!

15. awoooog

awoooog Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Yep, lizardmen's ability used to scale with level. Same with the slimes and their regen abilities, but now both minions are pretty much the worst in the game rip,

Ahh, I thought you were talking about the hard 4 trial which asks to just survive without deploying additional monsters.

From my experience I can tell you that for the 2*, 3*, and 4* monster challenges, you cannot have monsters above this star in your inventory (which is also why bringing succession will give you the red X). So yeah, can't take any monsters from eggs that are higher stars than 3* or have anything above that in your inventory or it'll give you the red X. Sirens if you have them unlocked are great to spam for this challenge. Imp girls and goblin girls have pretty good skill synergy with each other too. :)

16. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    It is a part of Dungeon Maker Goodies. If GameCoaster can afford it, it may be sent as a global special gift for Dungeon Maker Players. Of course, nothing has been decided yet. Just, news! ;)

[​IMG]

Metalmine and xovero like this.
  17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #1697 nyanpass, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    Dungeon Maker Fan-Art Contest

* Summer Dark Lord : Marielle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

miku0001 likes this.
  18. toastkid

toastkid Active Member

Feb 21, 2013
    I've been playing this for the last day or two. The rule is actually this:

You **can** have higher-star monsters in your inventory. However, as soon as you place them in a room, you've failed.

This feels overly harsh - I think the rule would be better if you fail at the point that you actually start a battle with them. Then it would allow for pressing the wrong thing, ie being able to place them, then realise, and take them out again. As it happens, if you do put one down by accident, you can kill the game and restart it, and you come back in during the previous battle, before you made your mistake.

It is easy to mess up, especially when you mean to take a monster out of a room, and manage to not quite click on it and place a different monster by mistake. I've gotten into the habit, at the end of each day, of checking the achievements list to make sure I haven't accidentally failed it.

Anyway, I've been collecting higher star monsters for their skills, and combining them into my 2-stars, or my DL, and that seems to be allowed.

I'm on my 2nd run now. I've been doing it on Trial 3, and only using 2* monsters, so that when I get to 100 (then 200, 300 etc) I'm actually completing 4 achievements at a time (hard10 with 5*, trial 1 with 4*, trial 2 with 3* and trial 3 with 2*). I died on 100 on my first run (it was close, I didn't get totally trampled, just a bit overwhelmed), but have carried my best 2*s through to another attempt, fingers crossed.

19. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Hello everyone,
    Message from Gamecoaster :)

First of all, I would like to apologize for the undocumented change to trial card appearance rates. Certain cards have had their appearance rates reduced.

We try to document all the changes as much as we can, but as you can see, some of the previous patches have had changes that weren't intended to be pushed to live so early, like extra relics on the iOS before the Android version. This is also when we applied the trial card rate change.

All of these problems are mine alone for not working properly. In the future, we well do our best and check properly to make sure there are no undocumented changes.

We are now working on the upcoming patch. In the mean time, we are gathering more feedback for improvements on said patch.

I will do my best to have better communication in the future and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Gamecoaster.

20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017