Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #81 nyanpass, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Congratulations on the successful global launch!

Dungeon Maker is ranked No. 1 strategy and No. 1 premium(paid) games in the Japan App Store, No. 2 strategy in the Korea, and No. 3 strategy in China. Despite being less than a week since its global launch, it's amazing that this premium game has received positive reviews from more than 2,000 users. ;)

The developer said he was very pleased with the success of his global launch of his game. To repay these users' favors, the developer mentioned that they would make additional contents, error correction and balance patches for the game. In addition, this developer announced that they will continue to put considerable effort into this game. :)

Japan [​IMG]
    Korea [​IMG]
    China [​IMG]

2. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Well deserved success

Despite some rough edges, it's a great game

3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    When you observe this game, there are lots of interesting dot graphics hidden.

Discovering it is another fun part of the game. :p

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I really like the hybrid sprite/pixel graphics - reminds me a lot of the original Dungeon Keeper on PC.

5. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    I like this pixel style too. The design of warriors is also diverse. The hardest thing for me is the angel. lol

My demon queen and the dungeon are growing. I am afraid that I will lose everything I have gained in the present process. To overcome it, I must acquire the succession of the monster and facility with the dark stone that I collect...Of course, it is also interesting to think about what strategy to restart next.

6. Yvir

Yvir Member

May 23, 2018
    The strategic planning per play through has indeed been a driving force behind this game's ever growing appeal with me! Coupled with a responsive dev and the community that's accumulating here, the depth of the game left to discover has transitioned from daunting to extremely enjoyable.

Learning optimal layouts for dungeon building and monster skill selection aside. I've only found myself stumped on the following boss debuff/buff "Corpse Explosion" (Rebecca) and "Seed" (Floria).

nyanpass was kind enough to direct me back to public exchange with some insight on strategies (endless kudos to your efforts on here again) but I'm still wondering:

Corpse Explosion - seems to be a debuff that procs on death, however, I've found trouble observing its direct interaction on the dungeon map

Seed - Seems to be an extra resource (no seed count visible on battle screen) for fueling later passives and skills with Floria, but I'd like to know if there are additional uses with seeds that build up simply from sitting in accumulation on Floria (for those early levels where skill 2 and 3 aren't as necessary, or even unlocked for us newer players)

My workaround to the lack of debuff/buff explanations from the Demon Lord screen has been to read the descriptions when they appear on monsters within the dungeon during a play through.

Oh and just so it's said- I'm incredibly happy with the discovery of this game and ever grateful to the devs for the time and thought put into its mechanics and post-release feedback.

7. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    #87 deresi, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    My experience with Rebecca's Corpse Explosion seemed to be damaging around as much as the accumulated number of deaths.

Seed. I do not know about that, but the seed seemed to support everything. If you use them together with skills after collecting them in some cases, it seems to have a bigger effect.

Because the game lacks some description, It seems that players have to try a lot of things in their own way to get to know the game. I am delighted to be able to exchange thoughts about this game with you.

8. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    The seeds of Floria are materials for the additional effects of her Skills 2 and 3.

9. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Bought the game and I am really enjoying the learning experience, though mind you without all the helpful tips being posted here I would be absolutely lost, so thanks all. #

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Some skills say things like:

SS Black Curtain:
    Give 3 Haze to heroes entering the dungeon. Also, damage received from enemies in Haze state is reduced by 30%

This skill won't activate unless a hero is in her room, but does it really effect the whole dungeon or just the whole room? With translation issues, I am wondering if it really means dungeon wide. The fusion monster Fairy has a dungeon wide heal spell, same deal.

Laboratory: every time an enemy enters—is that the room, or the dungeon? (btw, the lab upgrades star count. It seems to focus on low ranking monsters unless you upgrade the room. Then you can get 4* upgraded to 5*.

Anyone have any thoughts on dungeon patterns?
    x=battle t=trap f=facility

XTXT
    >XTXT<heroes
    XTXT

This striped pattern works pretty well. It's definitely good to have a trap in the heroes' entrance. I'm trying out focusing on one battle room in front of front of the dark lord's room, and setting up guillotines or debuff traps above and below them, because by that point they should have lost some life and the guillotine will do extra damage.

I'm also thinking about a snaking pattern. Heroes will tend to go through the traps first and get whittled down.
    TTTTXF
    XTXTXT<
    TTXTTT

Having an ambush battle room surrounded by traps in the middle of the second row is also pretty powerful.

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    This game is known to have some Easter Egg hidden.

If certain conditions are met, it comes out.
    Below is an example.

Anyone have seen the following event? :p
    I hope you find more fun in the game. :)

[​IMG]

12. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #92 nyanpass, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018

Your analysis is interesting. :D
    It's worth trying again at the next restart.

I usually prefer placing monsters straight in the boss room. I prepare a lot of traps around the dungeon entrance.
    The following is an example of one of the strategies to overcome D + 340, which is known to be one of the most difficult.
    If you look at the pictures, it will be a little easier to understand. :)

[​IMG]

Boss's skills, monsters, artifacts, facilities, arrangement, and luck ...! There are many factors that affect the game. Depending on the situation, various strategies should be established. Do not be afraid to try, try a variety of challenges. Then, you can reach a higher place. :p

13. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, you understand well. The following is an analysis of the influence of experience of each room that users have summarized. Since the original material was not English, a rough translation was applied. While it may not be satisfactory, but please understand this with your generosity. ;)

[​IMG]

14. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Very impressive! Are there any special traps recommended? I am now aiming for over 340 days.

15. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    I found a good introduction to this game in reddit and would like to share it here. This may be helpful for those who want to start the game.

*rawrbearian • May 21, 2018, 12:18 PM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/comments/8kfjbo/dungeon_maker_dark_lord/

So basically you choose from two (with more unlockable) Dark Lords, which are your boss monsters. They have unique skills that can turn the tide of battle. Then you have a 3x3 grid that heroes walk through. You want to prevent them from killing your boss, so you assign trap tiles and (I forget the name) but Brawl tiles, which provide buffs to monsters you place on the field. You cannot place monsters on trap tiles.

Then you go through a dungeon which consists of cards that you choose to advance. So like you're presented with three cards "battle", where you fight some monsters and a boss monster, gain loot in the form of coins and a random choice (spawn a new random monster, upgrade a trap, combine monsters to make a new monster, etc) , "elite monster" which is a harder fight with better rewards, merchant where you buy things with coins, events which are random positive or negative things, treasure chests which give useful items, and dungeons which let you rest to regain HP on your boss monster (it doesn't normally regenerate between fights), upgrade a monster (more HP, attack, etc), or upgrade a trap (more damage, better buffs etc).

You go through the dungeon till you fight the boss, then you do it again with harder monsters. When you die, you gain experience for your dark lord which unlocks upgrades and new skills, and rebirth stones, which you use to unlock new monsters to collect, things like being able to add monsters to your boss tile, new weapons and armor to equip on monsters, etc.

16. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    A powerful combination(meta) trap to recommend to beginners is 'Horn Pipe.'

[​IMG]

Horn Pipe can be installed at the entrance monsters where they appear. You can put monsters there or not. When a monster enters, all monsters gain Fury, and Fury gives additional damage by raging levels. When you give a rage of 100 through your horn level up, all monsters will be furious 1,000 even if there are only 10 warriors(enemies). The more you get a lot of warriors, the stronger your monsters. Horn Pipe can be made through combinations in the shop. If you want to reach a higher floors(days), install this horn in front and place a monster in the back. Then beginners will be able to reach a sufficiently floors(days). :)

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #97 nyanpass, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    The contents of the Event Cards

The following is the contents of the event card that appears in the current version of this game.
    (Of course, there may be an omitted event card, please understand that.:p)

What random events will happen to you? ;)

When you select an event card, the following events appear, and events that occur automatically at the start are exceptionally random. These events do not have a formal name, and the event names here are arbitrary assignments by users.

- Artifact related events

1. Amber stone event
    You can get an amber stone, which is an artifact, or you can wake up a monster that is sleeping in an amber stone. It is usually not preferable to wake up monsters to supplement their troops, and it is better to just get an amber stone. Complete amber stone add 25% additional experience, incomplete amber stone add 10% additional experience, and cursed amber stone increase the number of warriors entering the dungeon by penalty instead of 10% additional experience. *Edit: The cursed amber stone still gives you 10% xp

2. Green stone event
    You can get a definite bonus to reduce the Dark Lord's maximum health 80, or 50% chance to sacrifice a monster. It gives 10 poisoning to warriors entering the dungeon.

3. Relics merchant
    It is an event requiring 200 gold coins. If you can afford gold, it is better to buy it from the merchant. However, if you collect more than 40 ~ 50 artifacts, you will get 200 gold and get a potion of life, so avoid it in the latter half.

4. Remains with relics
    You can get artifacts at the sacrifice of Dark Lord's life or monsters in the event of saving the artifacts placed in the flying blade trap.

- Altar (Positive effect on enemy warriors) Event

1. The fast-paced altar.
    The reason why users are reluctant to hold event cards in the middle and the back. An event with only harmful effects. It is usually ok to take all monsters + 5th level buffs if you have a chance to sacrifice your stamina but have prepared for the altar.

2. Elderly events asking for directions
    A half-chance event with certainty of pros and cons. Increase Trap Attack Power + 20% and Gold 350 acquisition are enough to take risks, so let's think carefully.

3. Abandoned steelworks events
    If you have a lot of monsters, you can take risks of the altar, but if you do not have a lot of high-grade monsters, it is better to get only one random monster equipment.

- Dream event
    An event where you can get a trap or monster. Usually choose a trap

- Monster egg seller
    You can dedicate 250 gold and get one high-grade monster, or you can sacrifice 500 gold to get two high-grade monsters. Thanks to this event it is less risk to collect gold and choose event cards. But if you do not get a good reward compared to the sacrificing gold, it's a pity.

- Devil's suggestion
    An event where you can renovate the entire trap of the dungeon at the expense of 500 gold.

- A broken hammer
    Event to remove one room and get 200 gold. One of the few events that can remove altar.

- Slimes compete with each other
    It is an event card asking whether slimes will compete with each other. It is a bit of gambling and fortune. The participation fee is 50 gold. Or just skip events. If you participate, you must choose which slime will win. If you win, you get 250 gold, and if you fail you lose 50 gold.

- Big Monster Proposal
    you can either lose around 180 life and upgrade ALL your monsters or you can "convert" 3 rooms (don't know if that also upgrades the monsters) I don't know if convert goes away but it makes them unusable for at least 1 fight (I died there)

The above information may be added or changed in future updates.

If you have any untranslated event card, please refer to this.
    It might help. Perhaps there is an update to fix it in the next update.

18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    For monster effect skills like Tania's Burning Will, does one cast last the whole battle or do you need to refresh it? Its hard to tell what effects are going in this game.

19. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    maybe you need to refresh it. Tania's Burning Will. *Acceleration = Reduced time to next action. *Concentration = Increases damage on next attack. If there are certain artifacts, acceleration accelerates to 2.5x, and concentration seems to be possible up to 2x. And there seems to be a boss-only relic. But I can not be sure. I tested it a few times and it seemed like that.

20. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Love the game! I am close to 200 days on hard 4 now!
    By far the best things to get from the store are the monster and facility succession! I only have one of each though :(

This game is really deep and I hope they put even more unlockable content in in the future! Even if it would cost 3-5$ to get access to unlocking it!

I would like to see more options to rearrange the dungeon though!

Oh and I still don't really get how much xp rooms get when you enhance them with other rooms? Does it matter at all in which you put them? Or would they all benefit the same from a certain room? F.e will an arena or a battle room in general improve an arena more than it would improve an arrow trap?

To the list of events:

The cursed amber stone still gives you 10% xp

There is an event that's untranslated that you don't have in your list. It has a big monster as picture and you can either lose around 180 life and upgrade ALL your monsters or you can "convert" 3 rooms (don't know if that also upgrades the monsters) I don't know if convert goes away but it makes them unusable for at least 1 fight (I died there)