Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. Danjuro

Danjuro Member

Feb 4, 2017
    I am experiencing crashes all the time since the update. Not in Airplane mode here.
    They seem to happen when entering combats here.
    Usually, reloading works fine and throws me right into battle, excepting for the boss fight, where it is crashing now systematically, rendering the game totally unplayable...

2. Ailuue

Ailuue Member

Oct 27, 2017
    As far as I can tell, there is no in game update functionality, only app store updates. From the history, it seems it still takes them weeks to come out with a next update. I'm getting worried this crashing is going to go on for a couple of weeks :/

3. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Active Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Anyone know what the new Storage unlocks do?

4. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    If you have a monster or a room that you like and want to save, but don't have room to carry it into your next run you put it in storage. Next time you start a new run you can take it out of storage.

This is particularly useful for the new elite (6 star) rooms that are very difficult to build. You can store components of those rooms in storage to work on them later, or if you finish a high level room store it and work on something else, bring it out of storage when you want to use it to try a new strategy.

HumbleSloth likes this.
  5. Enluna

Enluna Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Do relics that affect buffs and debuffs affect heroes too? For example the relic that makes regeneration get reduced by 30% rather than 50%.

6. Elfanger

Elfanger Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    1 room and monster carryover should be unlocked by default for all new players. Otherwise it's just a gamble and each time you play it does not feel like you are making much progress at all.

7. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Yes for monsters, as far as I can tell

8. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Would you like to withdraw and start a new game? I have often had crashes in my first game, but I have never had any crash problem since the second game.

9. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    These new special items have special abilities. I'm curious about them. Interesting.

10. Ailuue

Ailuue Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Anyone know if Steel Boomerang applies to your Dark Lord's 1-cost skill?

11. Danjuro

Danjuro Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Amazingly, that simple workaround seems to be working! Thank you!

deresi likes this.
  12. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, the game is temporarily unstable as many new content is added at once, but it will get better soon. XD

The fix is already in progress and the update will be done as soon as possible. Please note that due to Apple's review period, it is a little slower than Android. ;)

ctathemarius, Ijipop and Sutekidane like this.
  13. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    It is limited to the dark lord room. It does not apply to cost-consuming skills.

14. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Me too. I just got the Sun Seeker. It is amazing. Its original skill seemed to be able to affect the entire dungeon. I hope that info about the special equipments will be shared. I just chose it because it looked good. It was fortunate that it was good. Lol

15. puchicuso

puchicuso Member

May 23, 2018
    Hello, I am really enjoying this new update/content. But the details about them are somewhat lacking. Soon we'll see a tip or a guide for new contents sooner or later? I look forward to it. This is the only place I get information about this game. Thanks!

ctathemarius and Ijipop like this.
  16. Gyzer

Gyzer Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Male
    #676 Gyzer, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Day 500+ Guide (Marielle)

I've been playing with the new content as Marielle and I jumped from my record of 120 days, to 520 days in the following run. Died at 520 and am currently on day 819 in a new run (day 660 is an extremely hard version of the infamous day 340, be careful). The new Awakening pack is extremely useful, especially the Monster Equipment unlocks. I was fortunate enough to unlock the Earth Guardian and Ruler's Gloves. I've also unlocked the top and bottom dungeon expansions. That and a handful of fusion monsters from the original pack has kept me alive for a long long time. Heroes haven't reached my Dark Lord room ever since day 60. I kind of want to withdraw and get my Rebirth reward but I want to see how far I can go. And a tip for those who don't know: you can go and unlock stuff while you're in a dungeon run, they are immediately applied to your game instance. I haven't tried this setup with other Dark Lords, only Marielle so far.

Try not to unlock too much Monster Equipment from the Awakening Pack, otherwise you can't funnel your gear choices.

screenshot_20180622__1Zn9n.jpg

Tip: Equip your Dark Lord with Earth Guardian

Screenshot_20180622-005239.png
    Tip: Useful for the low DEF monsters that you want to put in the front but they die too fast.

Unlock 3x battle speed and autoskill, both save so much time for yourself.

Magic Shovel for bottom and top dungeon expansions is also useful and gives you lots of tiles to use. Might not be a good pickup if your dungeon relies mostly on traps or is in a weak state.

Marielle level 10 recommended. Spam Undulating Wave. Why you ask? Because it removes all unfavorable states and heals all monsters. This not only keeps your monsters healthy through infinite HP bars and Immortality, but sometimes entirely nullifies the debuffs placed on you and your monsters during Boss Battles.

Do not start hitting Event cards until you get to day 200 or higher. The majority of them are one time only and you will benefit more if you begin to hit them when your dungeon setup is fully functional.

Some useful Events:
    Anvil (One time; equip all monsters with random gear and gain Altar. Does not override monsters' current equipment. Maximum mileage when all of your monsters are properly setup.)
    Riddle Goblin (Infinite spawn, use the destroy room function to get rid of Altars.)
    Dangerous Monster (One time; sacrifice your HP to upgrade all dungeon monsters to Elite.)
    Bloody Dimensional Gate (One time, sacrifice your HP to increase current and future monster's HP by +20%.)
    Mysterious Egg (One time, cook it to increase monster's max HP by +40.)
    Legendary Sword (One time; all monsters gain +15 ATK and you get an altar.)

Important Relics to look to unlock/select:
    Speed Potion (Acceleration up 50% --> 100%)
    Necklace of Focus (Focus damage up 50% --> 100%)
    Potion of Transcendence (Stockpile Dark Lord HP via Dungeon cards)
    Second Heart
    Soul Orb (Gain 1 Shield per 1 triggered Immortality, look to unlock both this and Death Knight)
    Elixir of Immortality (All monsters +3 Immortality at the beginning of the battle, good with Death Knight)
    Black Cat Statue (+5% damage dealt per 1 Immortality, synergizes with Immortality stacking)
    Pearl Shell (+5% damage dealt per 1 Slow on hero)
    Armor of Madness (Lessen damage taken from Berserk state for Orcs)
    Net (Slow effectiveness up 50% --> 60%)
    Fury Mace (Fury decreased to 25% instead of by half, increase overall dungeon DPS greatly)
    Monocle (+2 Vulnerable to heroes entering the dungeon)
    Black Box (Grab if you want more Relics more quickly)
    Phoenix Feather (Allies with Acceleration receive 35% less damage)
    Dawn Dew (+2 Defense when 1 Absorption given, synergizes with Earth Guardian)
    Flute (+3 Focus when Absorption is activated, synergizes with Earth Guardian)

***Important: Do not get Voodoo Mask. It applies Berserk State to all monsters and changes the dynamic of your dungeon greatly. I haven't tried it yet but I don't recommend it at the moment. Having tanks alive is more important.

My current dungeon setup is a combination of Warhorns (Fury), Meditation (Focus) and Amplify (Vulnerable) rooms. The benefit of these rooms is that I don't have to use any resources at all for Meditation and Amplify rooms since they are self-sufficient effects. I use every facility I get on my Warhorns, and the amount of Fury they end up generating is a bit ridiculous. Currently they generate up to 40,000 Fury per battle.

screenshot_20180622__07r84.jpg
    screenshot_20180622__y3cPT.jpg
    Tip: If you feel confident that your front line won't get broken through, take the time to use the back of your dungeon to build more complex rooms, like the 2 Double Giant rooms I made.

I place all of my fusion monsters and Warhorns at the entrance to tank entering heroes and fill the rest of my dungeon with alternating columns of Amplify and Meditation rooms. The longer the stream of heroes, the stronger the back of the dungeon gets. Once the front gets cleared, heroes are met with an even stronger back with stockpiled Fury. My monsters at the front rarely die because I equip all of them with Earth Guardian, which grants 1 Absorption per attack. Fusion monsters important to the success of the dungeon are Death Knight, White Fang, and Arachne. DEF is more valued than ATK, let the Fury do the damage.

0991.jpg
    1223.jpg
    0507.jpg

I hatch as many Orcs and Minotaurs as I can. Since their damage is doubled, and the fact that Marielle grants Dodge to all monsters in the dungeon, they get placed in Meditation rooms. In front of these Meditation rooms are the Amplify rooms that give Vulnerable to heroes that pass. Once they enter the Meditation room with the monsters, they get hit for up to 400,000 damage from the combination of Berserk, Fury, Vulnerable, and Focus.

Put in the front of the dungeon:
    Fusion monsters
    Ice Golem
    Lava Golem
    Sea Drake
    Druid
    Ancient Mummy
    Monsters with high DEF or survivability.

The rest:
    Start making lines with Orcs or Minotaurs. Make columns of them and don't scatter them around. Work your way to the back of the dungeon.
    Monsters that give heavy debuff states ex: Reaper Girl, Medusa Girl will also benefit the back of your dungeon.

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    There is a new update for this game in the App Store. XD

As you know, this is a fix for the bugs reported so far. ;)

Maybe this developer is working without sleeping? Cheers! :)

ctathemarius, Ijipop and Sutekidane like this.
  18. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    iOS update is live! thank you for letting us know. Best!

19. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    I play mainly with Marielle. Your strategy is going to be a big help. Thanks!

Gyzer likes this.
  20. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Marielle is a fairly powerful Dark Lord.
    So, there are many users who like her. :)

She will have a leg in the new skins to come.
    Is she a mermaid princess? XD

[​IMG]
    This Pic was made by けーおす

ctathemarius and Sutekidane like this.