Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Could be. I'll try to look for it. Thanks!

nyanpass, Good tip with the IAPs. Thanks!

2. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    IMHO, the biggest attraction of this game is to choose every moment. Strategic Choices. I judge and predict my current situation and future direction, and make choices according to judgment to create the ideal situation I want. Dungeon Makers have choices in every play. What new bosses to choose, where to go from the play route, which compensation to choose from, and so on. By offering a variety of choices and allowing the user to choose for themselves, the user can strategically lead the play rather than being dragged onto the designed play route.

I think there is another reason for strategic choice in dungeon makers that is fun and enjoyable. That is, when the player makes a selection, feedback is provided so that the result can be visually confirmed immediately. All the choices in this game instantly show the results. This gives you the information you need for your next strategic choice. The user then makes an interesting choice each time based on the information gathered appropriately. Considering that, it seems that the developer has well understood the characteristics of the mobile platform and designed the game. So the whole flow is naturally connected and you can immerse yourself in the game. some descriptions are wrong, but it does not ruin the game. They would be corrected when the game updated. The replay value of this game is awesome.

As a result once I start playing, it is not easy to quit this game...So I'm short of sleep. the game is addictive and interesting.

3. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Which dark lord do you recommend? I like all of the bosses in this game.

4. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    If either Lilith or Elizabeth, I prefer Lilith. To me, Elizabeth is ambiguous. However, Lilith has wide-range attack skills, and she reverses the enemy's power. In my case, I survived a little longer when I chose Lilith.

5. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    I think so. How about the other bosses?

6. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #46 nyanpass, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    I want to celebrate! :p

As soon as the game was released globally, Dungeon Maker ranked no.1(#1) in the overall Japan App Store premium(paid) games, and ranked no.1(#1) in the Strategy category. ;)

Best! :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. struy5

struy5 Member

Mar 9, 2014
    This game is very fun and addictive. Enjoying it so far.
    Couple of complaints:
    Let me see the upgrade/combine lists in the shop even if I don't have the 125-150g to use it. That way when I'm selecting rooms I know what I should look for in regards to upgrades.

Why is 'upgrade all your traps' even an option when selecting a starting 'perk' when you have NO TRAPS, blah.

Also, in some events it will say 'Upgrade/Remove 1 Random monster' however, you then select anyway.

8. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Okay. This game deserves that. Congratulations!

9. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #49 nyanpass, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    There are now 7 Dark Lord in this game. The Dark Lord that you can play at the beginning of the game is Lilith and Elizabeth. The Dark Lords that can be obtained from Abyss Shop as the rewards(Dark Stones) through the Game Play, or open directly to the IAP are Rebecca, Emma, Tania, Floria, and Marielle. :)

[​IMG]

There are pros and cons to all Dark Lord, and it is good to choose based on the player's tendency. Which Dark Lord to choose affects the direction of gameplay. Furthermore, because developers consider balance in games, the balance between the Dark Lord is often adjusted through updates. ;)

1. Lilith
    [​IMG]

2. Elizabeth
    [​IMG]

3. Rebecca
    [​IMG]

4. Emma
    [​IMG]

5. Tania
    [​IMG]

6. Floria
    [​IMG]

7. Marielle
    [​IMG]

10. SozapChris

SozapChris Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Male
    Lead level designer | Social manager
    Sweden
    I love this game more and more, but I encounter more and more cards / events that are not translated into English, some event / cards seem to miss text as well. Attached two examples.

One thing I find hard while managing the dungeon though is the player CANNOT swipe across the screen to change the camera to a better angle without using the 1 Mana skill as touching the screen and releasing also uses that skill.

This should be changed someway, for example, Left side of the screen will change the camera position without using the skill while the right side of the screen uses the spells and if you click a specific one then you use that skill instead.

Attached Files:

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    The game has been updated to ver 1.21. Bug fixes are included, please check. ;)

12. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Thanks for the helpful info. I did cloudsave before the update. I think it was done well.

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    grabbing this up this week for sure! looks awesome and now No 1 in Japan App Store!

nyanpass likes this.
  14. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #54 nyanpass, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    That's right. Since the launch of Dungeon Maker globally, it has now achieved the top spot in the entire Japan App Store premium(paid) games. And I think you will enjoy this game quite a bit. ;)

[​IMG]

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm really happy this game is doing well. More premium games always make me happy.

nyanpass likes this.
  16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I would buy this in a flash except the untranslated cards give me a lot of concern. Also, as was mentioned just before, the inability to move the screen without first setting off a skill sounds like a terrible oversight.

17. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #57 Solarclipse, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    There aren't that many untranslated cards, and in general I don't prefer taking the events anyway. If you hit as many elite battles and treasures as you can, you can get lots of relics...which are by and large the most useful thing from the events. They really are a mixed bag.

The tap when you move the screen isn't a big deal—it only costs one point and they refill automatically. Also, you don't need to adjust the screen very often, and when you do, it is probably when you should be attacking. It's not remotely anything to detract you from this game if you like these kinds of mechanics.

I've got some tips!

•When you are choosing your reward, you can tap the monster or map icon in the top right corner to see what you have already. This is helpful particularly for thinking about your dungeon layout.
    •Any dungeon piece can be used to enhance ANY other dungeon piece. I thought they had to be the same at first. So unless you want a particular room, choose the room with the highest level...it does seem to me however that higher rank rooms take more to level up, so a level 7* room might not enhance as much as as a level 6** room. I kept dying around day 80 until I figured out how to properly upgrade my dungeon rooms this way, I was focusing too much on monsters.
    •The monster and facility succession cards are awesome and really help getting and keeping the fused monsters and rooms, which are far superior to the others.
    •Gigantify, by the time you are level 5 or 6 will multiply hp by 7-10x and damage by 3x! (depending on the upgraded version). This means your 5 Star monsters can have 4 or 5K hp! Can't way to get a gigantify that fits 2 or 3 in a room...
    •dungeon cards are great for making elite monsters and upgraded rooms. I've got all my 5 and 4 star monsters in elite status now, finally made it past day 100, and looking forward to the bonuses :)

18. Kiven

Kiven Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Male
    Frustrated Wrestler and Lifelong Gamer
    Philippines
    Had low expectations coming in, but havent able to put it down since downloading. Mechanics are perfect for mobile, love the art style. Hope they improve on the background/layout graphics more and add more rpg elements to keep the game fresh.

nyanpass likes this.
  19. individualistik

Nov 21, 2012
    Had some reservations that it'll be too grindy (based on the dev's previous game), but took the plunge and I'm glad I did.

Great ideas and strategic decisions that matter, with persistent progression and a long list of upgrades. I had to force myself to put my phone down once I started playing.

nyanpass likes this.
  20. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I fully agree with you. There are some inconveniences that the event card is not translated, but it is trivial in the game. I also avoid event cards. It is full of interest, but it is an uncertain outcome. So in my case it's better to take different actions for strategic choices. The game is pretty good!

Thanks for the tip. I could not get over 100days, but your tips here would be helpful.

Minor errors mentioned previously have little impact on gameplay. And they are likely to be fixed through updates. Do not miss this game!