Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #521 nyanpass, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    Hi, all~:>

*Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.GameCoaster.DungeonMaker
    *App Store : https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1359652100

[​IMG]

[Basic Guide] Wickedly Good Fun for the Wickedly Evil (by Sarah Saunders)
    https://toucharcade.com/2018/05/24/dungeon-maker-dark-lord-guide/

[Guide & Tip] Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/guide-tip-dungeon-maker-dark-lord.319561/

*Guide for new beginners (by @ArtNJ)
    https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/dungeon-maker-dark-lord-by-gamecoaster.319369/page-25#post-4104083

If you are interested, check it out. :)

*Dungeon Maker Video Guide (by BoxInCorner)

0:00 Introduction and Menu
    8:45 Dungeon Lord Selection and Errata
    13:20 Battle
    16:00 Reward And Building
    18:30 Events
    20:45 Dungeon Card
    22:02 Merchant
    25:05 Boss & Day 20
    28:12 Non Game Related Stuff

1:42 Guide Introduction
    4:32 Plan A (14 Battle Rooms and 1 Trap)
    17:43 Plan B (9 Battle Rooms and 6 Traps)
    26:22 Fate Selection Priorities
    32:20 Begin Play Through Using Plan A
    41:44 Day 20
    50:05 Day 40
    1:02:16 Day 60
    1:18:44 Day 80
    1:33:21 Day 99
    1:34:48 Abyss Shop Advice

*Google Spreadsheet Link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfWOyO9KNXqnZHLHeLNSqU-WeE-6IiI2lNcAc_vrLfL2tvV-r3RuXSEmzDKEMq4BMryjjP8mz6O5nj/pubhtml

ctathemarius, puchicuso and deresi like this.
  2. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #522 nyanpass, Jun 16, 2018
    Well, how about Rebecca? She is also okay.

In fact, Emma was the weakest force among the other Dark Lords. But thanks to her fans, many good strategies for Emma came out. XD

Rebecca may have a good strategy thanks to you. ;)

[​IMG]
    This pic was made by INAKAblade

3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    His Dungeon Maker Guide Video is meaningful because it maybe the first guide to this game in English. If you're having trouble viewing the guide video, check out the Google sheet he created. It will definitely help beginners. XD

*Box In A Corner :
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6PAgi2_XtWji1_Vm7xZ_NQ

These data were written by Tree(Box In A Corner.net)

*Google Spreadsheet Link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfWOyO9KNXqnZHLHeLNSqU-WeE-6IiI2lNcAc_vrLfL2tvV-r3RuXSEmzDKEMq4BMryjjP8mz6O5nj/pubhtml

[Plan A]

[​IMG]

[Plan B]
    [​IMG]

[Plan C]
    [​IMG]

[Fate Priority]
    [​IMG]

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    As far as dungeon room plans go, 9 damage traps in the front 3 rows plus at least one operations room in the back is very strong when combined with a hero that can do area damage because as noted in the guide above, if the heroes hit a trap there is a chance they do a 180, whereas if they hit a battle room they never do that. If you are lucky and get the little coin relic early, you can earn serious gold from this. Ice arrow is a pretty good trap for the middle front since it is easy to make, levels easily, and does good damage combined with a useful effect. Curse is also a decent choice for this spot. This may not work for higher levels when heroes start to dodge traps but it seems like a good way to level you your heroes once they get the middle skill (if its an aoe skill).

deresi likes this.
  5. chanpion13

chanpion13 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    hi. i just started and have some questions please.

1) my monsters have a orange and purple bar (on the same bar). what does this mean?
    2) when a new monster hatches, i should always take the one with the most stars?
    3) i really don't understand CHARM. i keep spamming my dark lord charm, but i don't know if it's working. i don't get how it works. i also have relics that give charm to heroes as soon as they enter the dungeon.
    4) is there a path the heroes take in a dungeon? it seems they go randomly.

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    1) not sure
    2) no. If you want to use it to combine with your Dark Lord, take the highest level (level alone impacts stat gains, not stars) unless one of the others has an A or better yet an S class skill, since the Dark Lord has a chance of getting one of the monsters skills in the combine. If you don't want to combine it with your dark lord, you'll generally take the highest star unless: (a) you might take a monster of a type that when combined with the proper recipe will create a special monster - you can see the recipes in one of the clickable icons on the main screen (the same one that lets you see facility combos; (b) you might take a lower star monster that looks more combat effective based on HP, attack and skills -- generally err on the side of the higher star monster though, as they will gain more with additional levels and if you can upgrade them to elite via a Laboratory facility or Dungeon; (c) very early in the game I might take a Goblin (one star) over a two star monster to generate some extra gold (but Goblins are so weak this is debatable);
    3) you have to read those middle skills' descriptions super carefully -- charm, via the middle skill of (is it Elizabeth if I recall right), is only given to heroes that are actively in combat. Charm via the third skill that costs 10 does hit all enemies. This is the weaker of the two starter heroes to me in part because the second and third skills aren't that great. They can be worth using, situationally, but they don't add a ton of value. That said, if you think about it, you can try and position your battle rooms to hold the attention of more enemies at the same time, making charm better.
    4) there is info on pathing in the links/guides that Nyanpass has frequently reposted in this thread. Just scroll up some.

deresi likes this.
  7. chanpion13

chanpion13 Member

Jun 16, 2018
    thanks bud!

does charm hold effect if i do it once during the entire battle? or does it wear off as soon as the hero is hit and i can reapply it right after?

yes those purple and orange bars still confuse me. i thought they were leveling bars?

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #528 ArtNJ, Jun 16, 2018
    The bar is probably maybe just an XP bar that changes color as it gets closer to leveling -- that is the way the Dark Lord's xp bar works. But I never focused on it and cant say for sure.

Charm wears off once it is used -- i.e. if a hero gets one charm, it keeps it until it has an opp to whack another hero. Its kind of useful earlyish in battles once your front line of battle rooms is fully busy. Once enemies start to pass the front lines, your usually better off picking them off with the direct attack so they don't get to the Dark Lord. This Dark Lord doesn't heal much (a tiny bit with the third skill), and therefore ideally doesn't do much point blank defense of the Dark Lord room. The other bad thing about charm is that presumably the charmed attacks contribute to using up debuffs which is somewhat counter productive with debuffs that lower attack like weak or cause misses like blind.

deresi likes this.
  9. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Oh, I forgot to mention more. :p

Tania is also attractive. Recently @NeonChaos had commented that he broke the top level of difficulty with Tania. If you refer to his strategy, it will be fun to play with Tania. ;)

In addition, TA's Dungeon Maker users tend to prefer Tania. XD

[​IMG]
    This pic is Tania painted by Miata.

10. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I'm going with plan C and after many ~D60 games i've done a straight D340 run with plan C with Lv6 Floria lol xD with 1 single change is i put the warhorn to the main trap room (100% hit) :p After that my Floria reach lv9 :D

deresi likes this.
  11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #531 nyanpass, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Floria is the Dark Lord with the strongest vitality!

Of all the Dark Lords currently registered on the Leaderboard,
    The Floria user is in the top spot with the highest score. ;)

[​IMG]
    This pic is Floria painted by ktss_rgm

ctathemarius and deresi like this.
  12. Yvir

Yvir Member

May 23, 2018
    Could someone flesh out their early game a bit more for prioritization? I've seen a few posts mention that the initial 60 days can be glossed over but the reality is that those are 60 initial turns to really build the snowball in decision making that leads to d100+ runs.

I can not, for the life of me, get a hatchery set-up working well. I've gotten up to 3+ hatcheries leveled decently only to either watch my poor dark lord fall to the heroes because I have a weak board, or my hatcheries only ever get to level 10+ monsters and i have a weak combo of units (mind you I play without the title screen return)

Following Nyanpass's advice I've cleared 100+ up to difficulty 10 without issue playing my own way :) But I've recently taken an interest in establishing a solid early game strategy so i can test mid-late game with more confidence and consistency. I mainly play on Rebecca/Floria/Tania but as I've seen from others, 340+ can be reached without using Dark Lord skills too!

deresi likes this.
  13. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    #533 ctathemarius, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    IMHO, The best guardians and skills to guard the dark lord's room.

Guardians: Dryanid, Arachne, Shiva.

Skills: Absolute Barrier, Mystic One, Mass Accel, Foresight, Earthquake.

Dark Lord: Marielle. (But it does not matter. This is common to all dark lords.)

deresi likes this.
  14. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I’m enjoying this game a lot (with muse dash !) , excels in replayabilty, playing the godess of fire atm, i find her extremely brutal (good thing i took her and also unlocked water lord)

I’m on 3rd difficulty atm (my strat is simple , majority of monster rooms in dungeons, stronger being just before the lord, and 2nd strongest at entrance)
    Mixing with labyrinth type traps to be sure heroes visit all monsters rooms muhehe.
    Expanding ofc is my primary choice then ensure you fill the dungeon well. overall it’s balance between improving monsters/rooms and not forgetting to give lord some minions to eat otherwise damage will fall behind.

Just wish it would be a little easier to unlock packs tho. Doing a 100 run and sometimes no packs (feels like tied to lords leveling) is a but frustrating but the fun >>>> boring so np :)

deresi likes this.
  15. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    If you have monster succession and/or facility succession, the first 100 levels feel like filler: just bring a warhorn or two to place at the entrance, a three giants for a guard room, and as many 6-star (special combo) monsters as you can.

In your first 100 levels without succession, I myself try to:

* get as many rare artifacts as possible; elite battles are easy in the first 100 levels and artifacts can greatly help your overall livability
    * get at least one or two of the following dungeons in order of importance: as many hatcheries as possible (five to six is probably ideal in late game), warhorn (save any frenzy battle rooms, any lounges), extraction, gigantify (not a priority if using a warhorn dungeon), any good 3-star battle rooms (those that give vulnerable, acceleration, etc.)
    * get some six-star monsters: if you don't have monster succession, many of the special combos only require two monsters; they're relatively easy to hunt down if you are willing to save-scum the merchants

If you're willing to save scum the merchants, I recommend getting a bunch of gold and then seeking them out, looking for any hatcheries, frenzy rooms, and/or lounges that are purchasable in 3 or fewer buys. If not, reload and skip to the next merchant.

Once I have a few hatcheries/warhorns, I start save scumming for solid monster cards -- five-stars or special combo components.

ctathemarius and deresi like this.
  16. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I beat level 340 on difficulty 10 but only got 1 vault reward.
    Did I misunderstand previous posts that said you get 10 rewards (100 crystals) for beating 340 on diff 10?

17. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    You get 10 dark stones for reaching lv.100/200/300/340 each, at all 10 difficulties, so you get 40 unlocks free simply for clearing content. For many people (like me), you reach difficulty 10 before you ever reach lv.340, and so when you finally reach lv.340, all 10 difficulties worth of dark stones pop one after the other. If you've already reached lv.340 on another difficulty, you won't get nearly as many. =(

deresi and dukat111 like this.
  18. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    For the upcoming update, I will collect my dark stones without using them from now on. ;)

19. puchicuso

puchicuso Member

May 23, 2018
    Hello, Long time no see. I watched this guide video well. Thanks!

20. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Is it possible to get infinity dark stones to open all the packs without spending money on iap? Just a little confused about it.