Universal Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord (by GameCoaster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 18, 2018.

1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    How do we unlock new bosses?

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks Nyanpass for always providing us with helpful information. You're really helping the devs out as well. You rock :D

nyanpass and cyllwynn like this.
  3. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Just found this. Also emailed dev.

Attached Files:

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I played the hell out of dungeon defense, although I stopped at about hell 13...so I guess I didn’t. It got to be too much idle gaming and phone wear and tear.

This looks pretty good though, I can see a ton of improvements but some things aren’t clear.

How do I switch out my monsters? I could get to this screen when I get new monsters, but when I go to the dungeon view tapping on monsters only gives
    Me their profile; no options to love them or anything...I combined two of them and got a high level monster but can’t get it into play :confused:

5. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #25 nyanpass, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    :D

It is an event card asking whether slimes will compete with each other. It is a bit of gambling and fortune. :)

The participation fee is 50 gold. Or just skip events.

If you participate, you must choose which slime will win. If you win, you get 250 gold, and if you fail you lose 50 gold.

That part seems to need to be fixed.
    Let's expect updates.

I am glad you like the game. :) What kind of monster did you get a problem with?

Did you mean Dark Lord? It can be obtained from the Abbys Shop using dark stones obtained by achieving achievements. However, what comes out is random. ;)

6. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #26 nyanpass, May 19, 2018
    It is a roguelike game that aims to survive as long as possible by strengthening the dungeon with gold, traps, monsters and artifacts to fight warriors who invade dungeons.

A brief description of the terms in the game.

-Dark Lord
    The player can choose one of the Dark Lord at the start of the game. It is the only controlable presence in combat. There are three unique skills of each. And every time you reincarnate, you gain experience. As you level up, you gain new skills and passives to strengthen the Dark Lord. When the Dark Lord's health reaches zero, the game ends.

-Monster
    Basically, monsters are your powers that can be acquired through monster cultivation eggs or events. In the early days, only the 1~3 Star low-efficiency monsters appear. But the more we progress the game you can get strong monsters. Each monster has a unique skill and an additional 2 skills.

-Warrior
    A warrior is an invading dungeon to defeat you(Dark Lord). Hostile forces for players. As their survival increases, their HP and attack power are strengthened. Like monsters, they have their own skills.

-Equipment
    Equipment is a card that can be attached to a Dark Lord or a monster. It can only be equipped with one, and the upper class equipment has a unique skill. Unique skills have the same effect as the upper class skill of monsters.

-Relics(Artifacts)
    Artifacts can be acquired by elite combat, events, treasure chests, boss war rewards, and other buff items. For this reason, it is important to get as many effective artifacts as possible by making the maximum number of elite battles at the beginning.

-Room
    Buildings that reinforce your dungeon. It is differentiated into combat rooms, traps, and functions, and you can purchase a special modified room card from a merchant to combine rooms to create a more powerful room.

-Event
    Occurs when an event card is selected among the destiny cards. It may be a good event or a bad event, so you should consider your situation carefully.

-Decency Mode
    It changes the sound of the warriors who invade the dungeon. The modified sound effect is the effect of the developer's previous game, Dungeon Defense. In the beta version of the game, there were users commenting that the sound effects of the warriors were too sexy, so the developer added the function to change the sound effects. Another name for it is the gentle mode.

BTW... I am also a starter for this game like you. :p

7. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Now I think I know a bit about the game. I am going to play an achievement reward in the beginning to get a Dark Stone. That's because you can get special dungeon reinforcements, monsters, artifacts, and items. This is a nice fusion of dungeon roguelike with rpg elements. This game is one of my GOTY games this year. Impressive!

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    [Nyanpass] I am glad you like the game. What kind of monster did you get a problem with?

It seems like you can only change the deployment of your monsters when you get a new one.

It's also kind of weird that you can't change weapons...but remembering how things were with dungeon defense, maybe this is something that gets unlocked?

I'm wondering if there are also autobattle settings, like dungeon defense...I hope this doesn't go to 1000 days because that...was just too much time.

So about battles: it seems that everything is auto except the skills which you level up. You spend the blue bar when you tap, which defaults to the bite attack—and is that the only time you attack, with your "specials"? If you have less than 1 blue dot you don't attack at all, I mean.

It's good that the battles are quick, but not really being sure about what is up to me makes it less enjoyable.

Nyanpass, thanks for the help!

9. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Boss Skill Message

Is there anyway to hide the message;

Boss Skill: xxxxx
    Tap anywhere on the screen to inflict xx damage to the nearest hero.

It should only be a tutorial message not stay for every battle blocking the screen.

Cheers

10. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #30 nyanpass, May 19, 2018
    It may not be a satisfactory answer, but my comment is

It may not be a satisfactory answer, but my comment is...;)

Q. It seems like you can only change the deployment of your monsters when you get a new one.

A. Perhaps if the achievements are not completed, there are still functions that are locked. When accomplishments are achieved, several functions are opened one by one.

Q. I'm wondering if there are also autobattle settings, like dungeon defense...I hope this doesn't go to 1000 days because that...was just too much time.

A. The game has 2x mode and automatic skill usage. That makes it a little easier to play the game. If you take advantage of it, you can survive over 1000 days. I'll attach images and videos related to it. Check it out.

Sorry I have not found a video and image in English yet.

2,500 Days.
    [​IMG]

You can also get the ability to 'inherit' when you start the game again with the darkstones you get from achievement rewards. For example, monsters, facilities, and the size of the dungeon are typical examples of succession. With this inheritable system, the next time you try to challenge the game again, you'll be able to play a little faster and more skillfully.

Q. That the only time you attack, with your "specials"? If you have less than 1 blue dot you don't attack at all, I mean.

A. In the game, only Dark Lord is controllable unit. You must effectively deploy monsters and set up traps to prevent warriors from entering before the battle begins. For Dark Lord, you can use various skills as you level up.

Here is an example of the Dark Lord's special skills and abilities: Lilith

[​IMG]

This is the data created by users in beta. The term may vary slightly from the official version.

This material is not provided by the developer. I know it was created by beta users. Developers basically seem to want users to find out more about the game themselves. It may be the joy of the player.

There will probably be minor bugs and some improvements. However, developers have been constantly updating the game since the beta. This game has only just been updated to the official version from the beta version. According to developer comments, there are additional updates in the future. Let's expect it. :)

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Is this an idle clicker, or is there depth with strategy and involvement from the player. I can't stand idle clickers and the previous game from these guys was more towards an idle clicker in the vein of a tower defense game.

12. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    I played the game with mute, so I did not know the difference in Decency mode. But now I know. Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm not sure there's a strategic depth in the game, but it's not an idle clicker. So far the game is interesting with fresh ideas. Um...for someone, this game can be tough, but at least it's a game style that I have never touched. If you are interested in this game, it is recommended to try.

13. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Below is a list that you can combine in store. :)

Some strategies are required in terms of creating traps and monsters in various combinations and using them to keep dungeons efficiently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    I think i like this game. When i say think, it's because i desperately need a guide or a help file to explain a lot of the finer details. For instance, i have a Charm skill but i can't find any explanation of what Charm actually does except boost later skills. Does it stack? Does it run out? Same for lots of other skills. Also, some of the skill descriptions doesn't match what i'm seeing in game. So i have a skill which heals slightly and applies Charm to every monster on screen. Now the Whip skill is supposed to heal my hero every time i hit someone who has Charm applied, yet it seems erratic

Can anyone who has moved on to later difficulties comment on if anything new opens up? Because, while the actual game is more interesting than the devs previous game, it seems to lack a lot of the depth in form of upgrades judging from what i have available in the shop

15. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Although the description of the game may seem insufficient, you can experiment with it right away. Currently, this game supports 4 languages, so it may be a burden to developers to increase Text. Instead, new content will be added steadily. In other words, this game basically encourages the challenge through replay, so it seems that the developer will overcome the disadvantages by reducing the burden on the text and by allowing the user to intuitively understand the contents of the game through game play. This game has been updated more than 10 times since its beta release, with bug fixes and content so far. It means that developers understand what users are worrying about, and there will be updates to improve them in future updates. ;)

There are a total of 140 items that can be opened in the original pack from the store based on the current version 1.2. And they are the rewards you can get by completing an achievement or solving a more challenging situation. :)

16. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Somewhat agree....However... it is better to know this game by playing it than to understand it through explanation. Oh... of course...I want the game will be supplemented with explanations. It reduces trial and error. Well...thanks to this game, it will not be boring at least this weekend. Excellent.

17. TactAuthority

TactAuthority Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    #37 TactAuthority, May 19, 2018
    I'm not worried about lack of updates. I bought this game because i loved their previous one. I'm just saying that skill descriptions should be in the game. No 2 ways about it. How can i experiment with what Charm does? I can't detect any different behaviour in enemies and that's pretty much all i've got beyond damage numbers. Do you know what Charm does?

I like experimentation but in order to do so with any efficiency you need access to basic information. In this case, either skill descriptions or some sort of combat log to study. As it is, my character is approaching lvl 10 and i've yet to fully understand what her skills do. I understand you're passionate about this game and i feel like like there is a gem here buried underneath a complete lack of information. I was asking about depth since i would have no problem buying an IAP if it offers the same replay value as their previous game

18. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    In my experience it moves the target to the player's monster. maybe?

19. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #39 nyanpass, May 19, 2018
    Sorry, my understanding of your opinion was lacking. And now I understand your worries.

——

First of all, the information in English related to this game is extremely limited. Considering the origin of the developer, I think that part is inevitable. However, as I mentioned earlier, this game has been ranked # 1 in paid games on the Korean store (developer country) for several months. So the Korean Wiki for this game has a relatively detailed description of this game information. And in the community that the developer runs, there is a lot of exchange of opinions and information among users every day. That is, the lack of information the user experiences in the game was not a problem. Mostly because users can solve the question through wiki or ask other users. :)

However, it seems to have been a difficult aspect for global users as it was released globally. The developer may be able to help with that part, but I think that more global users will have to interact with each other to create information about the game. :D

I think English Wiki like Fandom, Reddit, Discord, or TouchArcade's related thread could play that role. In other words, I would like to avoid giving developers another burden other than the development of the game. Since developers have limited time and resources to use, I think it's a bit more important to fix bugs or add new content to the game. But It is my personal opinion. ;)

Of course, I fully agree with your opinions and thoughts. And as a user who purchased the game, you have the right to suggest it to the developer. :)

——

Next is my opinion on the depth of the game, which can be subjective for every user. I like the developer's previous game. But for me, I think this developer's new game is deeper and worth repeating play. In other words, I think Dungeon Maker, the developer's new work, is better. ;)

And I'll talk about Tip for IAP. You already know it's not necessary. It's the option to support developers and make games a little more convenient. Even if you do not use IAP, you can open all items related to IAP in the game. :)

One More Tip! :p The important thing here is that when you have duplicated the original pack of IAPs with the items you have already opened while playing the game, it is supplemented with Darkstones. For example, suppose you have already gotten Dark Lord: Rebecca through gameplay without an IAP. However, if you purchase the original Dark Lord package with IAP, the existing duplicate Rebecca will be replenished with 10 Darkstones. With that you can buy other items in the store. Nice tip, right? :D

——

I'm glad you're enjoying the game anyway. I like this game too. :)

20. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Thanks for introducing this game. I found a good game.