Universal Dungeon Link (by Gamevil)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gamevil_TA, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Menezesmaia

Menezesmaia Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Gamevil_TA, there's a future update to fix the app size? 1.2gb is too much, I think. Pls, give me some answer.

2. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    wow i didnt even notice the size until i see your post. agree that it's kinda over size as the game dont seems to require this much space. think they really need to fix/optimize that. even the video in the game have pretty bad compression imo. so with that size no idea what is it being use for. :eek:

3. gamevil_TA

gamevil_TA Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, compressing the game further will significantly lower the quality of the heroes/characters. We understand that the game's size is an inconvenience to many of you, so we'll continue to look into ways to compress the game without sacrificing quality. Thanks for your patience and understanding!

4. venhavn

venhavn Member

Feb 27, 2013
    My code is 304-064-344. Please add me, got 5* as rep. Thank you very much

5. duh_d_dum

duh_d_dum Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Anyone can add me. I'll be adding everyone that already posted. 504-224-344

6. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Add me please. I'm VIP 5, here's my code:
    754 - 944 - 844

7. Nonstickron

Nonstickron Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Graphic Artist / Pre-Press
    Central Florida
    Gamevil_TA, I think we're just having a hard time coming to grips with there actually being 1.2 gb of assets in a game like this...all 2D sprites and what not.

Can you please explain why it's so huge? It's all character portraits?

8. Rhane

Rhane Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    574 134 844

add me 574 134 844

9. valariel

valariel Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Add me^^

Hey guys, add me @ 744-094-344 for a buddy.

Cheers!

10. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    This has all the trappings of ask the usual freemium games. Friend codes, vip levels, collect/fuse/evolve things that you randomly summon, etc. Nothing btw or innovative on that front.

The actual puzzle combat is pretty fun, though. This is the main feature of the game. If you re moved this code feature from the game and stood it on its own, it would still be a good puzzle game. Imagine a board/grid with multiple pairs of colors randomly placed on the board. You have to connect each colored square with its matching color by drawing a line from one to the other, and the goal is do so while drawing a line through every square on the board but you can't cross a line you've already drawn.

The entire rpg experience is wrapped around that one core gameplay feature, and it works rather well. I'm still in the early parts of the game, so I'm not sure if things will get harder (like adding a timer to limit how long you have to plan your moves) or if the game just turns into a collect n' grind (because let's face it, without time limited turns, the puzzle aspect of this game will become trivial very quickly and the "difficulty" will simply be on whether your team is leveled up enough or not).

So far it's been pretty fun, but the jury is still out on whether this will be a keeper or not.

11. netherjade8

netherjade8 Active Member

May 6, 2013
    add me gift daily

add me daily active player 184-364-944

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Now I don't often download Gameloft game, but thank you, Wizard_Mike. Because of your review, I'll check the game. :)

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    It seems perfectly fair, as far as these games go. I tend to compare most of these to Hello Hero, since I played that one for quite a long time before getting bored. Leaving gameplay aside, its a little hard to tell if its more or less generous than Hello Hero, but its roughly in the ballpark. The one thing that is different is they seem to have screwed up on is the how often can you play a level mechanic (usually called the "energy" mechanic in this type of game, though here its "swords"). Its probably a limitation at some point in the future (at level 30 I imagine), but you can play for as long as you want for quite a long time. Accordingly, its completely impossible for me to speculate as to how this compares with Hello Hero for veteran players.

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Totally loving this!

Use my code and I'll use yours just message me. Haven't used anyone's yet!

554-464-144

Also: anyone hit a paywall on quest 19? It's pretty rough and my guys are all 30 and I have 2 4*s on my team. I'll have to keep enhancing.

15. eluna

eluna New Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Looks like a lot of fun. I'm not sure yet how the magic guys work yet, one of the ones I picked does fire damage instead of attack but not really sure what it's strong/weak against.

Oh before I forget my friend code is 604-714-4244

:)

16. Kilgin

Kilgin Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Please implement iCloud save game backup for this game?

17. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Yeah, at a glance this seems rather cool. I'm sure the paywall of "you don't have all 6* characters so you die in the first turn" will show up eventually, but I'll enjoy the ride until then.

934-214-144 is my friend/referral code. I don't really have anything impressive yet in terms of assist units, but once I have some time this weekend to play some more I'll hopefully be worth taking up one of your 20 Friend slots. :)

18. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Add me as referral 564-684-444 for gems rewards.

I am currently with 5 stars and 4stars.

Thanks

19. Menezesmaia

Menezesmaia Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Thank for the answer, but it is strange. In the google play store the game has only 40~50mb. Why?

20. tamykatakki

tamykatakki Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    My friend code is 154-964-844 if anyone is interested :)