Universal Dungeon Legends 2 (by Dreaming Wizard Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 3, 2022.

1. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    #41 David1953, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    Thank you, squarezero. I’m still on the first floor, btw, only having killed a few rats and spiders. I haven’t made it to the second floor yet.

One of the locked doors is in the SE, in a room across from where there was a cave in when I tried to go through. The second locked door is near the top of the map, directly across from another door which could be opened by pulling on one of those chains.

I hope that I didn’t kill the Rat King by mistake or anything. There was a rat in the SE section, but no chance to talk to it, and it just behaved like a typical monster, and was easy to kill.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Trust me: you’ll recognize the rat king when you see him — for one, he’s standing on two legs. He doesn’t move when you walk past him and he’s standing in the dark, so it’s possible you missed him. In the map, he’s marked with a black square.

Once you talk to him, you’ll get a quest, a magical sword, and the gate to the rocky area will open. Completing the quest will put you on track to open the door to the second floor.

David1953 likes this.
  3. William Hououin

Feb 11, 2022
    Male
    Just a quick curious question I have…

Anyone finished it yet?

I’m on the 5th floor, wondering how many floors the game have

4. David1953

May 26, 2013
    Oh, I found another area that I had missed, and did find the tree, who wants an eye. Now, it’s off to find the rat king.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Interesting thing: It seems like I’m stuck on the third floor. I didn’t save any tools from the previous floors because they were just taking space in my inventory. But it looks like now I need them to access a couple of treasure chests to move forward. It also seems like I can’t go back into the second floor to hunt for tools. Any suggestions?

6. David1953

May 26, 2013
    I was just curious as to how people are distributing their points on level up? So far, I’ve been distributing them fairly evenly between strength, agility, and endurance. I’ve only added one point to magic so far.

There seems to be very little magic in the game so far, and I’m on the second floor down. I’ve only found two magic books up to now, and both of those were for the same spell, the shield spell. I was hoping for at least one offensive spell, like fireball, but so far, nothing.

I was wondering whether there will be more magic later in the game, or is it best just to avoid investing points in magic entirely?

7. William Hououin

Feb 11, 2022
    Male
    here’s how I did it so far, no idea if I’m doing it right, but so far I’m surviving

358E3534-7EAF-4C80-9B55-4A414EE61ECF.jpeg

David1953 likes this.
  8. David1953

May 26, 2013
    OK, thanks for your input, William Hououin. I’m still only at level 4, and seem to be doing a similar allocation as you are doing. My first three stats are 14, 13, and 14, and magic is 11. I’m only a short distance into the second floor down, and just found my second spell book, but unfortunately, it’s the same spell that I found earlier, on the first level.

William Hououin likes this.
  9. Lukasz Radziejewicz

Lukasz Radziejewicz Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2022
    Male
    Hi William, looks like you're allmost in the middle, as the game has 12 floors ;)

If you're stuck on the third floor without tools, damn it might be my mistake with the update about tools, I should make sure you can find them where it is necessary. I am going to make a fast update adding some tools to all levels that need it so it won't just be on you're luck to find them. On third level, if you killed the spider boss, you should be able to go south west and in the very corner there is a chest with key necessary to go down. I will place some tools around the chest. It will probably take 1-2 days for the update to appear as they need to process it in Google Play and AppStore but I will send it today. Sorry for that issue.

squarezero and William Hououin like this.
  10. William Hououin

Feb 11, 2022
    Male
    Thanks for your reply and hard work, you rock!

Lukasz Radziejewicz likes this.
  11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    No worries, and thanks so much for the quick update. I did kill the spider boss and found the chest; looking forward to getting that key!

12. Lukasz Radziejewicz

Feb 3, 2022
    Male
    I have just sent an update for iOS and Android adding some additional tools scattered randomly on each level (on ground not barrels) and additional tools on the ground next to the chest with key (one that looks different from others) so you will be able to open it now.

For iOS it's also with added option to stop head animation if someone doesn't like it and with additional protection from accidental starting of new game during playing.
    Android has already got that updates so it's just the tools and some minor fixes.
    By the way, William, looks like you're doing very well with your character ;)

squarezero and William Hououin like this.
  13. David1953

May 26, 2013
    I was just curious, are there more spells to be found the deeper you go, or are they simply random, and just “luck of the draw”? I’m on the second level, and have found two spell books in total, but both books were for the same spell. I don’t want to invest too much in magic if there won’t be enough spells to make it worthwhile.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Not sure how random it is, but I found a (very useful) second spell on the second floor.

William Hououin and David1953 like this.
  15. David1953

May 26, 2013
    I’ll keep my fingers crossed, squarezero, that I find that same spell as you.

16. Lukasz Radziejewicz

Feb 3, 2022
    Male
    Spells like all items are randomly distributed, but there is a factor of rarity of each item, so you have a very very small (almost zero) chance of finding top spells on first level, but the deeper you go the more powerfull spells you will find and you shall find spells at all more often. I think magic will become very important in the middle of the game when you should have quite powerful spells.

17. David1953

May 26, 2013
    Thank you for your answer, Lukasz Radziejwicz, and that answers my question completely.

18. David1953

May 26, 2013
    I made it to the third level and killed the spider boss, but now seem to have run into the same issue as another poster. There’s three chests, and I had two tools, and was able to open two out of three of those chests. I already have a silver key that I earned after killing the boss, but haven’t found where to use it yet.

I’m glad to hear that there’s another update on the way to give more tools, so the third chest can be opened.

I’m really enjoying the game so far, and did manage to find a couple more spells.

William Hououin and squarezero like this.
  19. Lukasz Radziejewicz

Feb 3, 2022
    Male
    I am sorry it takes so long for iOS, update is under review in Appstore and it should be published already. I have placed tools randomly on each level (but generated when you enter the level) but especially for those of you that got to 3rd level and used all tools I put one tools close to the important chest (it is put there for good, so even if you use it to wrong chest when load again it will apear back on place not to get stuck again).

20. David1953

May 26, 2013
    Fortunately, I was able to find a couple more tools, enough to open the important chest with the gold key, and get to the next level down.

However, I’m completely stuck on the fourth level. I’ve talked to both the dwarf and head of the goblins, and the latest quest is to find a way to make the leader of the goblins “Goblin king”. For the life of me, I can’t find any way of doing that. I’ve basically killed every goblin on the level that I have access to, and the game doesn’t seem to allow me to actually kill the leader of the goblins himself. If someone could point me in the right direction as to what I need to find to crown this guy ‘Goblin King”, I would appreciate it.

I know that I found a note earlier, but threw it away since it was taking up inventory space.