Universal Dungeon, Inc. (By PikPok)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PikPok, May 10, 2017.

1. Terppa

Terppa New Member

May 13, 2017
    #21 Terppa, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    Hey! The game is great but there's a lot of things I'd like to know. What gives you the insurance dollars ? Is it the level of rooms or what? Also does the relics that increase raid party's atk and def also increase their atk and def while defending? And when defending, is it always the Tree Fort level where my defenders are coming from? Aaaand lastly, when I get a mega chest, according to the chest-page it says I'm supposed to get 20 rares and 100 commons. I've never gotten those numbers, so is it actually a different chest when buying with gems?

Thanks.

Edit: And also, you definitely need to set up forums for this game :D

2. Tao of Nerd

Tao of Nerd New Member

May 13, 2017
    Can't figure out what's wrong

I downloaded the game last night and started upgrading and buying new rooms. I played for a long time and let it go all night. Nothing has happened. There have been not other options presented for gameplay other than upgrading rooms and earning gold. The only other icon highlighted other than upgrade is the setting button. Again, the ONLY thing I'm able to do is earn and upgrade. What am I missing?

3. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Let me be frank: you have scaling issues in this game.

I get why from a design standpoint that you would pick a structured exponential growth with artifacts instead of mini upgrades, but there's a reason no one else is doing it.

1) you hit what feels like insurmountable walls. I see my $27k upgrade go to 102k and that feels HORRIBLE.

2) artifact randomness? If this is a thing, it's stupid. I don't have a way to reduce the cost of my next gold area, so currently I can buy the first place in zone 3 after 30-45 minutes of gathering chest gold and lipstick Dino gold, but right after that I can immediately upgrade it a bunch of times because my gold multiplier is so high. Again, a wall.

I bought my 6th artifact for 25k and its a health bonus for audit waves. Worthless in progression. Next artifact is 81k, a stupidly high amount for how much grinding is required with my current economy, and if it's another non-economy artifact it will be soul crushing.

You've basically got a bunch of walls in place and the lack of transparency makes it hard to make decisions. Maybe it'll be easier down the line for new players with guides out and stuff, but I can tell you that anyone who plays "blind" is going to run into these issues with the walls.

I adore the charm and feel of the game, but the design choice of huge upgrades instead of smaller (more easy to chew) ones is a big negative for the mindset of people who play tappers and incrementals.

4. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    G'day! Could you please send us a support message to us (via "Support" in the Settings menu at the top left), sounds like you've hit a bug that's not hitting the next step in the dialog that opens up the game. Cheers! :)

5. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Can you guys tone down bort's self destruct in pvp?

No matter how wimpy my opponent, his bort is gonna blow someone up and it slows raids to a crawl.

6. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Just a player here. You can increase your insurance by upgrading your rooms and by fighting lots of auditors. With a profit UP relic, you can quickly create about 1500 insurance money in about 5 minutes of upgrading, rinse and repeat, so that's a good way to grind out the low levels of objects.

If your monsters are strong enough, it can instead be a good idea to build up your dungeons and just farm the auditors. They will eventually overpower you, but depending on your monster strength, you can get them to drop lots of insurance money per attack repelled. (I've been able to repel attacks of 500 insurance money strength but after that they start to slaughter me)

I have an monster HP UP relic, but I think it only works for audits, not raids. (it's still useful to use to allow you to farm higher difficulty audits!)

It looks like raids can target any dungeons you have set up. I'm not sure if you can be targetted I've definitely seen one person who has unlocked the 4th setting. If you want to win "defense" keys, it really does look like you have to camp out on tree fort, which is annoying.

7. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    how can i go for stronger audits? Nearly every time i get three melee guys or 2 melee and one ranged guy and get a wooden chest. only once i had a guy on a horse and i got a metal chest, but i don't know how to control the strength of the auditors.

8. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Their strength ramps up over time. You'll notice that the insurance bonus you get from them goes up steadily. The first round or two give you wooden chests with no insurance, then 1, then 2, then 4, then 7, then 11, etc. The metal and golden chests seem to correspond to when you get a difficulty bump up, usually following the auditors on horses who are tough.

Last night, I was able to get up to 1000 insurance dollars a raid, which was great! but then I started getting curbstomped and had to burn it all down again. x_X

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Difficulty for audits ramps up over time, but it also has "elite" audits.

Basically every 5-10 audits (random chance after the first few) you'll have an intense one with knights on horseback and stuff. That will give better chests (metal, gold, and mega very rarely), but they're a LOT harder.

If you lose one don't assume you can't advance the insurance rewards still.

10. RedFlame2

RedFlame2 New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Ive been playing for almost 2 days and I reached the "dd" mark. O far the only relic I reached is the stapler one which costs about 27k insurace. I do not know how to earn 100k + to upgrade the one that boosts coin production/speed.

I heard that setting up a long term base and waiting for audits is a good Idea and I might try this.

11. swampthing

swampthing Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    If only the gameplay lived up to the art and design. Repetitious grind that becomes a snorefest.

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    #32 TheSop, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Does the game cloud sync saves between devices?

Also Game Centre achievements don't work, I unlocked Chillsville but got no achievement.

13. rslowe

rslowe Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2016
    This is a good idea! The relics themselves are given to you randomly, but here is a list of what I have:

Ever Watching Eye - Boost Profit values while in app
    Bonsai bank - Boost Profit values while out of app
    Necronomicup - Boost Production Speed

Clipper - Boost Tap Damage % during audits
    Carbo slop - Boost employee Health by % during audits

Staplorable - Boost Tap Damage % during raids

I assume there's a boost Employee Health during raids, and there's probably some others I haven't yet received. I'd also like to keep track of percentages we gain by level. (If you have corrections, let me know, these are partly from memory and more like estimates just you can see the powercreep...)

Ever Watching Eye - (1) x4, (2) x16, (3) x256, (4) x4096, (5) x1.05 mil
    Bonsai bank - (1) x4, (2) x16, (3) x256, (4) x4096, (5) x1.18 mil, (6) x30.13 mil, (7) x531.48 mil
    Necronomicup - (1) x2, (2) x4, (3) x6, (4) x8, (5) x10 (6) x12

Attack and HP relics - +20%, +40%, +60%, +80%, +120%, etc.

You can see that the economy boosts start to give out diminishing returns per upgrade, but you'll probably still need them to reach the fire and air dungeons.

14. RedFlame2

RedFlame2 New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    #34 RedFlame2, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Someone needs to make a wiki for this game so people can refer to that as a guide

Edit: Also, for the ones that multiply coins, their' upgrade multiplier is the same on each level.
    Edit Edit: I take it back, they are very different.

15. Hogwarts

Hogwarts New Member

May 17, 2017
    Bone Phone is a relic that boosts employee damage during audits. Allows you to farm the high audits if that's your preferred playstyle.

Ever-Watching Eye is x268.44 Mil at level 7, I don't remember level 6.

The relics don't seem to be very random,as I have the same relics as you,and I'm sure your next one will be bone phone.

16. RedFlame2

RedFlame2 New Member

Jul 31, 2016
    How do you guys even reach a level 7 relic thats costs like 100k insurance. I feel bad for you grinding 100x ;-;

17. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I (mostly) stopped playing because it's just a giant grind and I'm sick of losing troops in raids to stupid crap like bort blowing up.

I have 10-20x the power as the people I attack and I still lose troops while tapping to assist. It's dumb.

Economy artifacts are too slow in coming and the walls just seem so insurmountable. For me to improve my economy I have to grind out 100k insurance with no other improvements in the meantime.

Nope.

18. YootoobDrama

YootoobDrama Member

Oct 1, 2016
    #38 YootoobDrama, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Ok so I got a couple possible bugs, couple suggestions and couple questions. (I apologize if some wods

Let's start with the bugs:
    -When I'm raiding a base I can see the purple smoke of my Globsworth on the floor of their base making it look like they have some AoE effect there (I guess it loads my raid background when I raid?)
    -I am allowed to start a raid and cancell it to search for a new one if I don't like the one I got without consequences most of the time (1/10 times all my heroes get damaged to 50% and I have no idea what triggers this but I've tested plenty and I'm sure it's just random). This has the undesired effect of making it super easy to farm, I'm at top 100 already just picking my fights and leaving when I don't want to and I haven't really been farming rating, just getting the keys for my chests.
    -I am able to change which dungeon is being audited by force quitting the app or getting into a raid and leaving it
    -I am able to restart an audit timer by force quitting the app or getting into a raid and leaving it

Now the questions:
    -What decides if I take damage upon forfeiting and raid?
    -Do epic heroes auto-use special abilities on raids either on attack or defense? (I remember a brief tip that said this but in my experience it doesn't happen, never seen a hero on my attack team of 4 epic heroes or any hero on defense team use a special ability so maybe this is a bug...)
    -What dungeon I'm defending? I'm curently about to complete my third dungeon and I have no idea which dungeon I'm defending. Sometimes when I attack I get people on Tree Fort, sometimes I get people on Chillsville and I'm not sure if there's even a reason behind this picks...
    -Do audit chests have a specific order? I've doon a ton of audits on my last 2 resets and I've gotten 3 Legendary chests after big amounts of waves, do they always follow the same order when I reset?
    -What is the highest chest you can get from an audit? Is it the legendary one I've gotten 3 times already on my last reset?

Suggestions:
    -Tell me which dungeon I'm defending, I'm going crazy with this one!
    -Fix the bugs
    -Do not let people reset timer or change audits
    -Punish people for quitting raids and if someone quits give the defender full key credit
    -MAKE A WIKI OR SOMEWHERE WHERE I CAN GET INFORMATION, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW HALF THE STUFF HERE WORKS AS YOU CAN SEE FROM MY QUESTIONS AND PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT WE ARE DEFENDING IF WE HAVE MULTIPLE BASES
    -See previous suggestion

Everything else seems fine and I'm having tons of fun! Good game!

19. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm on the road at the moment, so difficult to post, but hopefully we'll get Rlan from the dev team in here shortly to respond.

20. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    G'day!

Cheers, we're aware of that. Surprisingly a pain to work on, but we're working on it :)

Yup, working on a solution for these things. We want to have a good experience that is also not causing anxiety when playing the game, but also want you to have fun raiding, fighting audits and the like.

Now the questions:
    Currently a bug - you should take damage each time.

They are meant to, but the current system isn't working optimally. They charge up over time once a raid starts - but employees might die before it were charged. We're looking at improving this.

They will attack the Dungeon with the highest power level. We don't make that very clear - but basically the one which has the best / most staff in it will be attacked. We're looking at improving this a lot :)

Yes - each Dungeon has it's own Audit progression, so Tree Fort has it's own set of Audits, and Fire Fortuna has it's own as well. Every 5 Audits in a location you'll get a Prince audit - so you might have had 3 Legendary Chests as all locations were at their audit point. Designing ways to bring audit progression to the forefront right now :)

Currently you'll get a Mega Chest in an Audit but it's not the same as the one in the store - has higher level cards etc, but not nearly as many as the store. Looking at splitting up Audit Chests and Store chests to make this a lot clearer!

As for a Wiki, there's a Reddit section that are all disecting the game right now, You can view all the Relics there! https://www.reddit.com/r/dungeoninc/