Universal Dungeon Hunter V (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Nothing but "Coming Soon™"

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #62 ste86uk, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Some of it sounds good other bits not so good, I hate energy systems that actually stop you playing unless there's an option to buy it out as I'll never buy refills.

I'll still give it a go but don't have my hopes up it just sounds like it has more freemium elements as we progress through the series. I'm guessing the fusion/upgrading just blows through all your gold anyway? Usually I find those sustained tedious and your just trying to earn gold to fuse again to be better unless they have done it different?

I want it to be good but so many things could ruin it, it does sound very pay to win and the dungeon element sounds like it'll just make the game more fun for those that spend.

How do the minions work? Do you have to pay them to get them into your dungeon or just beat a mission and you get them for free?

3. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #63 oscar123967, Jan 27, 2015
    The devs were very vague on that. Hopefully ryan can give us an answer.

Yeah I feel ya on that. Really is a step down from the previous ones imo, probably not gameplay wise but mechanics wise. I can see myself playing this for a 2-3 weeks only before I get hammered with all the F2P mechanics and repetitiveness. Maybe the strongholds concept could add some variety, but I doubt it. It seems very simple. But whatever. Definitely not a game I am on the edge of my seat for.

I really do not like the direction EA and Gameloft have been heading very recently. They're just aiming exclusively for that F2P audience that get addicted to the "under the hood mechanics" of the game rather than the actual game itself. That deer hunter game for instance. Or CSR racing. Or those assassination contract games. Yuck.

Makes me wonder what next game of theirs will be aimed towards us.

4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #64 ste86uk, Jan 27, 2015
    I think they are all heading in a terrible direction as a gamer but if they are making money off all the casual players instead I'm sure they really could care less about us.

I'll try it and hope to like it because I really would like to play this but if the mechanics are terrible I just won't play and sadly it's more than likely it'll be terrible mechanics wise with so many currencies and different things to buy and energy. I don't play any of those games you listed I don't know how people get addicted to them....my life was cheaper and more fun back when I played WoW one low cost per month and I never touched my iPhone apart from to text.

I'm not against spending money either as I buy a lot of apps and sometimes an IAP if it was a free app I enjoy. Spent hundred or thousands on a mud I played for many years....those have had free to play figured out before mobile gaming even become a thing.

5. belon_cfy

belon_cfy Member

Dec 24, 2014
    #65 belon_cfy, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Hopeless freemium game. Unbalance difficulty, worst story line and keep sucking your money for no reason.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Have you played it? I certainly haven't so I don't know how you know.

Yes it'll likely be just like the last one but prettier but who knows for sure until we actually get it. I'm no fan of number 4 but will give this a go still but never spent a penny on DH games since 1+2 so for me it's just some free fun.

7. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    Hey all - If you missed the Twitch stream, Mandy and I will be working on a "First Look" series for YouTube. The first installment of this will be going live Thursday of this week on our channel.

I've seen some good questions on this thread, so I'll do my best to answer as many as I can remember while we are filming this stuff so long as I've gotten an answer from the Dev team :)

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the info. Also I know there likely won't be dates until it's decided but is there any clue if it's something like 6 months? A couple ect

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    I'd say sooner. Maybe a month or so. Judging from their usual trend.

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I have to say this to get it out of my system (apologies for any Gameloft workers or spokesmen) but Freemuim or not the company can release a Paid game and add freemuim elements towards the middle of the story or what not and by then it would be too late to do anything. (Ex. The Amazing Spiderman 2)

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #71 oscar123967, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Yeah, not too far away:

"...plans to launch three additional smartphone games by the end of the first quarter of 2015 including the much awaited sequel to its Dungeon Hunter franchise."

http://www.gameloft.com/download-games/news/3609-full-yearsalesreach%EF%BF%BD227.3millionup1onaconstant-exchange-ratebasis/?actual_page=1&request=news&date=

12. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Anyone else think the camera is positioned way too close to the player? I found it hard to see where the enemies were at, and it seemed like Ryan had the same problem on the latest DH5 gameplay vid

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #73 Nekku, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Which means less things to render at once which results in greater overall performance and a stable framerate even when the screen is filled with mobs.
    It's pretty much the same as it is in D3 for consoles and the only reason I can think of why it is like that. At least, it makes sense.

Hmm, but it's GL...so probably they don't want you to see your enemies so you'll get attacked out of nowhere - you'll have to pot more often - health potions are limited and restocking is only available through ipa - profit. :D

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Not sure about that. Maybe it was just a design decision. Hopefully theres some sort of an option.

Looking at the new elements trailer, the camera angle looks fine in some clips, and too close in others.

The game does keep looking better though. This may just be my new injustice type game

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, right! Then you woke up..... :cool:

16. Gameloft_Ryan

Gameloft_Ryan Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2013
    Community Manager
    San Francisco
    To be honest, I didn't have a hard time seeing the enemies off screen. Often times in those videos I'm trying to balance talking to Mandy while playing and also making sure I don't keep my head permanently glued to the screen. Who wants to watch the top of my head for 2-5 minutes, right? >.<

I think that the position of the camera works for both melee and ranged, but I definitely would encourage players to use their field of vision AND the mini-map to see where enemies spawn that you might not see immediately. It's really useful!

17. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
  18. natesmkdwn

natesmkdwn Member

Feb 19, 2015
  19. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Yo dawg I heard this is gonna be Freemuim. :D

Is it?

20. killercow