Universal Dungeon Hunter V (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Maybe may 2015 is the end of Gameloft and dead mobile gaming industry?!?!
    They gonna leave it?!!

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Freemium confirmed :') next game

3. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Those premium currency gems look so enticing... And the payment for upgrading your loot with a Dungeon keeper-ish raid other player's dungeons, can't wait! NOT!

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ouch not sounding too great, worrying about being raised by whales while sleeping sounds fun?? Also I hate fusion systems they are so cheap and just another way for you to waste all your hard earned gold, as it looked like when they fused it deducted gold.

Looks even more freemium than the previous version. I'll try it but I won't spend any cash on it I know that for sure....I can't believe people do with these games.

5. weendex

weendex New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I have a soft spot in my heart for Dungeon Hunter games, even though DH3 and DH4 were huge disappointments.

There are two elements of DH4 that really bugged me the most, and I'm holding onto a sliver of hope that DH5 is different.

1) Potions on a timer. This was simply obnoxious. I don't mind freemium, pay-2-win, gems, yadda yadda... but this was an actual paywall on playing the game. In particular because you were forced to use potions a lot... which lead me to

2) Arena/Gauntlet style dungeons. Fighting off waves is so boring. DH1/2/A all had dungeons to explore. DH3/4 instead seemed lazy instead. Here is a room. Fight off all the waves, designed to ensure you use up as many of your potions as possible, which you have to pay or wait for to replenish.

I'll try it out, but I'm not going to get overly excited.. this will probably be just DH4 with updated graphics and integrated Clash of Clans mode.

6. Turmoil

Turmoil Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    From the website:

Gems
    There is nothing more precious to the merchants of Valenthia than the glow of polished gems. Only with these can you attain the rarest loot!

:mad:

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Sounds amazing.....

The sad thing is though that I'll still try the game knowing all of this.

8. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Gems are the premium currency iirc. That's Pay to win right there

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Dead mobile game industry?? No. Quite the opposite actually.
    Gameloft has been in mobile since the very beginning of mobile gaming.
    Their future looks very bright indeed as their positioning is very strong.

And just to make things worse for all the free to play haters, here's two articles ye are really not going to enjoy but do exemplify the future of gaming. Enjoy. :)

"The wave of free-to-play video games is surging, and Sony's along for the ride"
    "The rising popularity of free-to-play games is changing how titles for consoles like PlayStation 4 are sold and monetized."
    http://fortune.com/2015/01/13/sony-free-play-video-games/

"Mobile game revenues set to overtake console games in 2015"
    "The mobile video game industry continues to ride a growing wave of free to play and casual game successes"
    http://fortune.com/2015/01/15/mobile-console-game-revenues-2015/

I'm afraid none of those articles (based on actual market analysis, not Internet fear mongering or rhetoric) indicate death of any form in mobile gaming.
    They in fact show quite the opposite.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I'm not arguing I know that sadly this pay to win rubbish is the most profitable by far if they get it right and the game gets noticed. It's just sad...but it didn't stop me enjoying some of DH4 although not as good as 1+2 for me I still got some fun for free.

So there are plenty of free games that do it right for me and allow me to just feel like I'll buy an IAP to support the devs but don't really need one....such as cosmetics or quick cheats instead of working for it, I'm ok with things like that and even very unobtrusive ads. But I hate pay2win which is what this is sounding like adding in the player raiding and best loot from gems only.

11. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I am excited about that game, I had enjoy dungeon hunter 4 and finished the game without paying.
    The only thing that would get me to say something bad about that game is if it require internet connection.

12. NexusInfinity

NexusInfinity Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2014
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I wish they would also add cloud saving to DH as its a lot to lose when you change device or delete it for a while due to the large file size. Just no way to recover your game unless your one of those that sync with a computer I suppose? But I never have done.

14. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #35 italodance, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

What articles? Are you new to smartphones? new owner?

Bro,Gameloft is gone,I don't know,Have you been in 2009 to 2011 (or 2012) on iOS? these years were the golden years of mobile games and gameloft,i remember the games that i had on my iPhone 3GS were way better than my currently iPhone 5.

Do you remember Gameloft from those years? they usually released 3 new games for iOS each month,now what? we totally have 4 or 5 games from them yearly.(and 4 of them are freemium).

I don't want to insult Gameloft or their fans but just compare those years with today and you will get my point.

Do you think F2P and games based on internet connection are quality?
    Do you think getting free game is good and enjoyable?
    Do you think smartphone games are so close to real handheld or home consoles?
    Do you think mobile gaming industry is getting many more AAA titles than handhelds o home consoles?

Of course not,but it is just even ridiculous to compare them.AND yes mobile gaming industry already lost it's quality and passion for years.

15. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    You read my mind, yeah cloud saving would make that game my favorite.
    And I also like the dual sword animation.
    It's better than dh4

16. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    I got no problem with free to plays as long as they don't require Internet connection, and are cash grabs. ( just like marvel contest of heroes).
    Quiet frankly some games like dh4 are not cash grabs at all.
    From now on, evry time a game hit a certain dificulty spikes it's a cash grab.
    They all want it easy.
    What happen to the players who will play castle Vania, or metroid.
    To me I want dh5 to as hard as dh4. It will last me longer, and will make me feel good about finishing it.

17. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    its going to be pay to win and always connected because that makes the most money. If you think gameloft cares about player experience over making money you are kidding yourself...

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #39 Nekku, Jan 21, 2015
    Meh. I've read those articles. Not salty in the slightest. I'm excited for PS2 but I'm not forced into playing f2p games non-stop due to the lack of premium games. On mobile, not so much. There's not much of a choice but to play f2p games or don't play any games at all.
    I'm not against f2p in general but in mobile gaming you will be faced against the worst iap implementations ever and that's why people are upset cuz everyone knows how GL will set it up.
    Pay some money or face a paywall or do some horrendous grinding which will take out most of the games fun. DH4 was so worse especially in the beginning at the academy where the first paywall was. If you have passed it, the next paywall was already waiting for you. Developers are still entitled to do it right. Vain Glory is a great example.
    All those articles on the internet are somewhat misinformative. There are some f2p mobile games which generating huge amounts of money, sure. But compared to these couple of games, how much f2p games fail miserably?
    Ratio would be like 10000:1, I guess.
    Now just because CoC and a couple of other games are doing well, everyone states f2p is the new standard which is plain wrong. I can just imagine how many devs tried to hop onto the bandwagon just to realize that you'll need more than a free game to be successful. Much luck is just one of many things it takes. And all these things cant be calculated.

19. yussoupov1

yussoupov1 Member

Mar 19, 2014
    #40 yussoupov1, Jan 21, 2015
    I hope it's free. I don't really understand why somepeople want it to be premium because most premium will have no support of the game after the game release meaning there will be no new content and such. if you want to pay for the game you can even pay much more with freemium or youdon'thave to pay for anything and put more effort. I always put money into the freemium titles because i don/'t have time but my gf never waste her money on any games and she always best me in every titles. That's why some people always complaint that they paid so much for the game but someone who never pay anything beat them.