Apple TV Dungeon Hunter 5 is out.

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by iPadisGreat, Dec 18, 2015.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloaded, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. The last Dungeon Hunter I played was on my iPhone before the series went freemium.

2. Pelted

Pelted New Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I'm a super casual gamer these days and really miss a RPG like this so I jumped on this one for the ATV. I really dislike freemium but sadly it seems all to much where mobile gaming has decided the money is. I did not play this on iOS though I did play the first one a few years ago. I've played the crap out of 5 now over the last few days much to the chagrin of my wife. Overall the game is a great deal of fun, however, the biggest issue I have is the menu controls. I'm playing with the Nimbus not the Apple remote, but there are some serious issues with menu navigation right now. I get that this was designed for a touch screen but wow there are moments where you have no clue where the highlighted active button is especially in inventory screens when you have lots of items. It's great to see more items show up in the ATV store, but developers need to think through their navigation schemes a lot better.

3. CyrusG

CyrusG Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Pelted is right -- my biggest knock is the menu controls. I've heard from players in-game that as you advance, it becomes very punitive and difficult to progress without spending money.

That being said, my first impression is very good. Frame rate is decent - lags from time-to-time - but it's definitely more playable than Modern Combat or Asphalt. The gameplay controls are very good and it's amazing to see a universal app that plays so well on both mobile and tvOS. There seems to be a lot of depth and mechanics as well.. I can see myself getting lost in this game.

4. musicalmac

musicalmac Active Member

Nov 21, 2014
    I wish it played like DH4, which was actually a lot of fun. DH5 is so stripped, you can't even aim with the right stick (or virtual stick). I downloaded it to try it out, and it works well. But yes, menu controls are awful and the game itself is fairly disappointing.