Universal Dungeon Hunter 5 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by EthanLean, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    excited for this!! not a big fan of the multiple currencies, timers, and everything else though... but LOOT!

2. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Wow 600 hours whoop Kidd #####

3. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Wait are there still co-op dungeons? Is the only multiplayer mode the clash of clans thing?

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I'm not to sure buddy. They haven't said wether or not there's stamina. A few people on the upcoming thread have said there is so I can't tell you 100%.

I would hope not though. It just doesn't make sense for a S bar inside a game like DH5

5. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    I hate to post this because it's pure speculation from watching gameplay vids so far, but my best guess is 2 currencies, solar to dh4, gold acquired in game and gems or whatever is premium. Looks like a crafting system, some sort of ore looking mats are being looted it appears for upgrade. I never saw the personal dungeon but I would guess it takes energy to clear someone's personal dungeon, I hope that is what the energy bar is for, but it is definately there in both videos I watched. It appears that you can free roam but I really hope picking up missions don't require energy....

There is also a 3/3 bar that I figure is for dueling pvp stuff...

Again I have no idea, but I'm just throwing an educated guess out there based on my limited knowledge of similar genres of games.

6. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    support for MFI controller?

7. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think the new build your own base part bothers me the most. I don't want to have to keep coming back to defend my loot. The whole idea behind that is to get a player to keep coming back to play, which was genius when it first was invented.

I however want to play the exploring / dungeon parts. I wish I could opt out of having to continually raid and defend bases.

8. hitmantb

hitmantb Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    #28 hitmantb, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    Video on building your own dungeon and attacking other players:

https://youtu.be/NY6Ii_Yv8uI/

This is how it works. It is exactly like COC and is absolutely exciting.

Dungeon Hunter 4 is probably the lowest ranking game on top grossing charts with more than 10 million downloads (It is at 10-50 million downloads on Google Play alone, but it is not even top 200 grossing, loses to countless apps with half the downloads).

http://www.appannie.com/apps/google-play/app/com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftD4HM/app-ranking/

Hopefully they will fix it with a great freemium model this time around. Gameloft deserves more money, their games are all high production value and they haven't had a real hit in a long time. For all the complaints they get from this forum, the production value to grossing rank ratio is higher for Gameloft titles than anyone else.

The Diablo on mobile thing is so outdated for 2015 and this would be an epic commercial failure if it followed the Dungeon Hunter 2 formula. Even Diablo 3 itself is fading, how can people expect its mobile version to be a huge hit? People don't want to explore and single player on mobile. They are in it for loot, character progression and multiplayer. Heck Diablo itself is not about single player and exploration! The addition of COC style multiplayer raid/defense has a real chance to make this a top grossing game if players get competitive and start paying for things.

9. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I am apparently not a people then :S

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Me either. My people don't want to wake up in the morning to have their hard earned currency or loot raided... :rolleyes:

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

hitmanb, don't even bother. I've tried to explain why things are the way they are to people based on over five years of actual real-world iOS experience and folks just don't want to hear it. Unless you're pounding on the "#### gameloft and #### free to play" drum, it's in one ear and right out the other. Spend your time doing something productive or something you enjoy instead, posting logical/factual things about the iOS industry in a thread like this is about as effective as yelling those same things at your cat.

12. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    After watching that tutorial, I don't think you lose loot when someone raids you. You just lose the gold that your minions have been gathering, which is probably pretty minor anyway.

So basically it's a nice little bonus if you're not looted, but its not a terrible thing, since you'll only miss out on gold you wouldn't normally have anyway.

Also, from the tutorial it looks like it would be best to equip ranged weapons on your character so that when you get raided they can fight back. AI isn't that great.

13. hitmantb

Nov 15, 2011
    #33 hitmantb, Mar 11, 2015
    The same formula made COC the single highest earning game/movie for all platforms in human history (more than Avatar, more than GTA 5)

1 billion in 2013
    1.8 billion in 2014
    On pace for a 2 billion year in 2015, still #1 on every platform in 100+ countries

A company must cater to the majority, and I am super excited about this Diablo/COC marriage made in heaven. It is the only way for Gameloft to make a real splash with this franchise.

I still think the Diablo formula is too old school for mobile in general however, my prediction is a top 50-100 grossing hit, and ability to stay there for a while.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I just want an awesome single player loot fest with good gameplay, graphics, and for it to be fun filled!

15. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Amen, brother... Wait...

DH4 did a good job with this, and had success with the formula, so I don't see why they would steer away from it. The MP was optional in dh4 so I hope it is the same way, just new story line and metal graphics

16. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    so, for those who actually have it installed, how much space do I need to allocate?

17. Kaimen

Kaimen Member

Jul 13, 2011
    1,2 Gb

18. johnthree

johnthree Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Can anyone recommend a good external controller to use with this game?

Thanks

19. hitmantb

Nov 15, 2011
    #39 hitmantb, Mar 11, 2015
    Review is out:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/03/11/dungeon-hunter-5-review/

"I was genuinely impressed by the lengths Gameloft went to create a console experience. I wanted to learn more about the world. In my opinion that’s what makes Dungeon Hunter 5 a great game — provided you are mindful of its Gems system."

It is a very light review compared to TA standards but at least it is good indication of production value.

Hopefully the COC aspect will make them enough money this time around.

Gameloft deserves a big pay day!

20. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #40 Zeillusion, Mar 11, 2015
    I don't mind f2p. Everytime I say gameloft makes top notch games people bash me. The game looks stunning.

Whoever said D3 is dying is totally wrong. It's a huge hit. Do you know how many copies were sold? Check it out. You'll be amazed. It's anything but dead. I see 2,000+ full games everyday and that's on seasons. 4 people per party btw. That's like 8,000+ and that's only on t6 difficulty.

Anyway...

I'm all for that multiplayer. It sounds like Mighty quest for epic loot! Which was an awesome game. I'm totally down for it! Gameplay like that allows you to play the game infinite pretty much. Always looting always raiding.

I'm so stoked for 11pm!