Universal Dungeon Hunter 4 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    :eek: *skitters off to go redownload his beloved old games*

2. Or good. That is the question, it just better have no wait timers! :D

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Watching the video to get free gems doesn't work :(

You watch it, it tells you you earned 10 gems and then they never appear in your inventory/cash slot.

4. Does this game have Gameloft Duo Gamer Joystick or icade support?

5. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    You sure? Doesn't work for me.

6. DizzyNBG

DizzyNBG Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Watching the video worked for me, but i only got 1 gem per watch oO
    Anyways, i watched it five times before it tells me that there aren't anymore free slots.

btw, i hate it when devs implement items like weapons n stuff that are only available through iap. Sux

7. Well, about 3.0GB to install....I won't be getting this any time soon

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Thank you soooo much! It works! YEAH!! Now I can enjoy those old games that I remember so fondly...hard to believe it was already 3 years ago. Thanks so much man :)

9. ttocs

ttocs Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Sr. Data Analyst
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, a lot of people complained about the sound issue for DH2 but I was able to fix it pretty easily. While playing the game, hit the home button twice so that the open app/previous used app screen shows up. Then just cancel out of that and go back to the game and it will be fixed. Works every time.

10. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Hurrah!

11. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    U have to wait 8 hours to get more potions...

12. Do wait timers stop you from play though like RR3? Or is it just wait timers for add ons? Could live with wait timers for upgrades, but not an 8 hour wait time between game plays.

13. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Timers are for upgrading, removing and combing gems, refilling health potions (which can hinder progress) but doesn't stop play.

Can anyone confirm cloud sync? It doesnt work for me. I assumed it would have it considering all recent Gameloft games have been saved server side:(

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Thankfully your health also regenerates. If not that would've been a deal breaker.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's a shame. I keep vainly hoping that the majority of ARPGs/hack'n'slashers will evolve towards more skill-based combat (perhaps in the direction of dual stick shooters, Bastion, The Gods for iOS, or even adapt the swipe paradigm, IB-style, for iOS ARPGs), with manual targeting and evasion in particular.

DH3, for ALL its flaws, had decent ranged combat thanks to dual-stick influences. Seems they did not carry that principle forwards.

16. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Apparently it is only restricted to my class. Rangers can roll.

17. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I loved the original game in the series but never did get around to playing the second, however I felt really burned with the freemium arena style of 3.

This is more like the original now, right?

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Go play the second one.

19. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    I was going to get this tonight but after watching the TA plays I think I will pass. I know your health regenerates but waiting 8 hours to use a health potion seems like it is just to much. Maybe there is a pay option to allow you to use potions faster but I didn't see or read anything that allowed that.

20. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    If you watched to the end of the video you have 3 potions, and when you use them they regenerate in 8 hours. You can use all 3 potions if you want in battle but you'll just have to wait a day to get them all back.