Universal Dungeon Hunter 4 - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    #81 Leegames, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Just to answer a few questions that will probably pop up:

The game stutters a tiny bit on iPad Mini. No problem.
    You can play both as female and as male. Up to you with all 4 classes.
    You have 2 char slots. More can be paid for.
    Had a blur drop a couple of times. So good gear drops.
    It does not seem like it's pay to advance. More pay to win/cheat (only a few hours in). With a 10 dollar weapon the game gets boring and way too easy. So it seems fair and balanced (might be an issue with MP?)
    Co-op (you can define looting)+arena+a good story driven SP experience.
    Great dialogue. Good (woot!) voice acting.
    Back to good old loot-kill-loot Dungeon Hunter as it was in 1+2
    Worth my time so far.

Hope this answers a few questions.
    Love it. :)

2. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Does it save your game to the cloud so you can pick up where you left off on another device?

3. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    You need to unlock the regions on the world map first :) Multiplayer is also only unlocked after you've reached a certain stage in the game.

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Hey #######.e, nice to see you here too! Just wondering if there're any plans to fix the sound issues on some of your older games, like MC2, DH2, Zombie Infection, etc.

5. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    I'm community manager for this game as well :)

I highly doubt it as resources are limited and the teams working on "legacy" games get shifted around to other projects :(

What games did you have in mind, specifically?

6. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    Ahh okay, thanks for clarifying. I don't mind grinding, sometimes I really get into the mindlessness of it, haha. All other impressions seem promising, so I might be grabbing this tonight. :)

Oh, and seconding these questions, as I'm a mage girl at heart:

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #87 JBRUU, Apr 10, 2013
    That's a real bummer. Most of your older games from 2010 and back have no sound whatsoever (music, sound effects, voiceovers, etc).

If I could pick two to point out especially, just because I enjoyed them so much, it'd have to be Modern Combat 2 & Dungeon Hunter 2. I have a lot of fond memories of MC2 especially :D

Best of luck with DH4. Really glad to see Gameloft doing more to get involved with gamers like this. Hopefully you won't get tonguelashed by the inevitable few who might consider you directly responsible for the F2P model (though for the record I'm disappointed too :()

8. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I remember Gameloft's first (I think) f2p game.. Brothers in arms 2 global front free+. Someone said in the reviews "What?? A free game from Gameloft? What is this magic?" (Not those exact words, but you get the point) I look back at that review and laugh and laugh and then cry. Lol

9. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I have to delete batman: Arkham lockdown for this, I hope it's worth it.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Not to get too off topic but yeah I remember the freemium switch. I actually paid 5 bucks for the original BiA 2 before it went freemium and basically lost my money. Wish it had just been a separate app. I fact what I think would be a great idea is to have TWO versions of these games like Phosphor did with Dark Meadow. One is freemium with the timers, the other is completely premium with a premium price tag (whatever, I'd pay $10+ for this game without timers and gems). That way the minority doesn't get pissed and the majority still gets their free game.

11. CMMC4

CMMC4 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Community Manager -MC4
    Montreal
    What device are you using? I just checked with a producer and he said both had sound when he shipped the last versions of the 2 games.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #92 JBRUU, Apr 10, 2013
    It's iOS 6 I'm pretty sure. I'm using an iPad 4 with iOS 6.0.0

Everything worked fine with iOS 5.

I know it isn't just me; check the iTunes reviews for these games. Almost every other one complains about there being no sound except in the CGI intro video.

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You guys are making my day with some good initial impressions! So how is the loot though? Like how many color rarities are there, how many slots can you equip, is there rings and necklaces, is there 2 handed weapons or what about dual wield? :cool: thanks to anyone who can answer some of my questions!

14. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    I think I will pick this up and give it a try tonight. I just checked DH2 on a ipad 2 and have no sound after the intro.

15. comicx90

comicx90 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Damn, this looks cool. The size of ut seens huge, but worth

16. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I may be wrong so don't shout at me :) but...

I had the no sound problem with DH2 and Spiderman Total Mayhem. If you start the game there's no sound but go back to your home screen, then relaunch it from the open apps bar at the bottom and the sound starts working. That was iOS 6 / iPad 3.

I can't say whether there are any stutters or problems later on tho so buyer beware. I'd already finished it once and got bored a second time.

17. jtall

jtall Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    North Carolina
    Yeah you can save your game on gamelofts servers and play it on a different device!

18. jonnyb086

jonnyb086 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Anyone play on the iPad 4? Run smoothly?

19. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    Thanks that worked for me. It is too bad you have to start DH2 this way every time but at least you can play with sound.

20. Dang! What to delete! Gotta get this today or tomorrow!!!